Most annoying thing?

ncshp955

When I actually think about it I suppose there are a few things that annoy me on a cruise. Like seeing young kids wander around the ship alone at night, and as someone else mentioned the photographers. I've never cared much for having my picture taken and I really REALLY hate it when one comes along to our table in the MDR at night and shoves a camera in my face while I have a mouth full of food. Other than that nope.

Those are just annoyances to me anyway. I don't let anything deter me from having a good time on vacation, every one is an adventure and if the weather's bad, well there are lots of other things to do on a ship to keep busy. I think the ones who complain about every little thing are just like that in their every day life. Not happy unless they have something to moan about :)

Hey DEE,we have started many cruises ago to just say no thank you to these photo people.It always works, and they go away.We don't even have a picture taken when we board.

Hey DEE,we have started many cruises ago to just say no thank you to these photo people.It always works, and they go away.We don't even have a picture taken when we board.

I wish that worked last time we cruised. The getting up at dinner and making a group pose is really annoying - none of us wanted to do it. She would not go away and said several times that we had to do it. We told her no thank you. She said again you have to get up, I have to do this. We said no thank you, she grabbed my husband's arm and tried to lift him out of his chair to get him moving. he's too nice, he got up. That's just taking it too far. A simple no thank you should get them to move along.

I wrote a "Don't slam the balcony door" note and put it in the next door cabin's mailbox. No slamming after that.

:D

I read this comment a lot on this board. On the last ships we were on the balconies had sliding doors. I notice Carnival has a door that opens and shuts.

Are these doors hard to close? Is there a reason people feel the need to slam them?

I read this comment a lot on this board. On the last ships we were on the balconies had sliding doors. I notice Carnival has a door that opens and shuts.

Are these doors hard to close? Is there a reason people feel the need to slam them?

No they're not hard to shut at all. They pretty much do it themselves which is why they slam. The rude, inconsiderate people just let it go and WHAM! If you don't want to disturb people, then hang on to it as it closes. I much prefer the sliding doors on Celebrity (except for when people leave them in the open position and it howls throughout the hallway).

No they're not hard to shut at all. They pretty much do it themselves which is why they slam. The rude, inconsiderate people just let it go and WHAM! If you don't want to disturb people, then hang on to it as it closes. I much prefer the sliding doors on Celebrity (except for when people leave them in the open position and it howls throughout the hallway).

Thanks

Mental note to self, if I don't want to tick off my neighbors, hold onto my door....got it! ;)

Hey but what if my neighbor stuck their tongue out at me and I wanted to tick them off. Just jk :D

Yes with the sliding door type the only thing you would get would be "pffft", really no satisfaction in a "pffft".

Thanks

Mental note to self, if I don't want to tick off my neighbors, hold onto my door....got it! ;)

Hey but what if my neighbor stuck their tongue out at me and I wanted to tick them off. Just jk :D

Yes with the sliding door type the only thing you would get would be "pffft", really no satisfaction in a "pffft".

If your neighbor makes you mad, just make some howling (you know what I'm talking about) noises up against their wall for about 5 min. Guaranteed they won't look you in the eye if you pass in the hallway :D

My pet peeve is when people congregate in the middle of the passage ways instead of moving to the side. Cruise ships, grocery stores, work, etc.....doesn't matter where it is.

YES! Especially on the Promenade Deck. Between the photographers and they people standing in the middle of the walkway chatting it's almost impossible to get around in the evening.

Thanks

Don't forget to turn off the balcony light too!

They are so heavy I'm surprised we don't have 20 threads about injuries caused like cut off fingers, broken legs etc.

Don't forget to turn off the balcony light too!

Never have it on. Can't see the stars with balcony lights on ;)

Funny story to go with this. We never even knew our balconies had lights until near the end of our last cruise. When we returned in the evenings our blinds were always shut at turndown, so unless we went out on the balcony that evening the blinds never got touched.

One evening toward the end of our cruise we decided to sit on the balcony and look at the stars, opened the blinds and there was light out there. I guess the room steward had cleaned or did something out on the balcony and turned the light on but had forgotten to turn it off.

So note before blaming your neighbor for a disruptive balcony light, it may not have been them at all.

That guy blowing smoke in my face at the blackjack table

That other guy that sits in the middle of the theater, only to get up 1/2 way through the show and bump into everyone's knees.

Those doors in the public restrooms that never open in the right direction

Folks that stand right in front of the coffee dispeners while they add cream, sugar, etc..... when they could step to the side.

I'll think of some more later.

The only problem I have with this is when we enter the showroom either myself or my wife wants to stop at the restroom, the other goes in and gets 2 seats. Is that considered "saving seats" I don't think so. If someone wants to save several seats, that's a different story.

Doug

I don't consider that seat saving at all, we do the same thing. Sometimes if the waiters are slow DH runs out to the lobby bar to get a drink. If I see one guest sitting down with the small table in front of them I usually assume they are with someone and wouldn't try to squeeze in. It's the whole row saving that bothers me, the savers get so worked up scanning the openings to the row for anyone trying sit down. I would hold a seat for DH but as far as the rest of my family or other friends traveling with us, they are on their own.

Ha!!!! That would be me and my family!!! We often pick a table on the Lido deck and play card games. Its a fun way to spend time with my kids.

No problems with that, but is it necessary to do it right at lunch when LOTS of people are trying to find a place to sit and eat?? There are usually quite a few tables out back by the aft pool.

Doug

No problems with that, but is it necessary to do it right at lunch when LOTS of people are trying to find a place to sit and eat?? There are usually quite a few tables out back by the aft pool.

Doug

Because we have the right to sit where we want as long the table was open when we sat down. We generally like to sit by the midship pool...on the smoking side, so the kids can play with us then go swim and come back again. The tables are there to be used and not just for eating.

Countrygirlcruiser - You are absolutely right.

Should people who just want to sit and a few drinks by the pool also not be allowed. I'm not too fond of sitting at the bar (usually pretty crowded anyway). Should we just ... move along?

GO RAVENS!!!

Because we have the right to sit where we want as long the table was open when we sat down. We generally like to sit by the midship pool...on the smoking side, so the kids can play with us then go swim and come back again. The tables are there to be used and not just for eating.

I believe the original complaint was tables in lido buffet area, not around the pool. There is a difference.

Doug

Hmmm mine would be kids in the adult only pool and hot tubs and people who talk during the comedy shows. It's a show not background noise while you chill lax. If you want to talk and want ambiance go to the piano bar or atrium. Some of us came to watch the comedian.

On my last cruise Jeff the Fun Dude was so annoyed by a group of younger adults that talked during his monologue that he made them the butt of his jokes. He really told them off in the best way possible. They were pretty rude.

As far as kids running around, I know my 9 year old had permission to check himself out of Camp Carnival, but sometimes we'd tell the staff he couldn't leave and they'd write that down and make him wait for us. Otherwise he was allowed out to find me or go to the room or get ice cream. The older groups don't have to stay in the Camps...hence the running around. I had to talk to my teen about behavior on the ship. They weren't bad, just all over the place and I said if one person told me he was being rude he'd stick with me the rest of the time. I hope he was polite.

It "bugs" me when the photographers hold up the line. We know we aren't going to buy a picture when we are heading off the ship to a beach.

I get frustrated when Carnival can't manage the buffet lines. I've be

en on Royal and never waited in buffet lines, so I know things can be organized better. We gave up on our last cruise and just ate in the dining room...problem solved.

We always squeeze thru or just keep walking. If I know I don't want my pic taken, I refuse to stay in the line.

I believe the original complaint was tables in lido buffet area, not around the pool. There is a difference.

Doug

Well when it extra windy outside...we sit inside the lido buffet area...same explanation applies...they tables are there to be used...you could just as easily cart your food out to the tables by the aft pool...if there are plenty out there.

When guests embarked 10 minutes prior and are at the desk removing gratuities before getting past the lobby, I most certainly will judge them. We've sadly seen this more than once.

Just because they are removing the gratuities does not mean they are not tipping. Yes, some stiff the staff and that's not right. We mostly cruise RCI and tips are not automatically added to your account. We are used to tipping with envelopes at the end and that's what we do. We cruised Carnival once and we did remove the auto grats once on board. But in the end we left more than required and to more people than what was included in the auto tip IE Camp Carnival staff and others were tipped as well.

So, no, you shouldn't judge people or make assumptions when you don't really know the reason. What's right for you does not mean it is right for all. And just because some people are cheap and stiff the staff, don't assume that everyone who removes auto grats are not tipping:rolleyes:

Back to the topic....my biggest annoyance is the unsanitary actions in the buffet:grabbing food with hands instead of tongs, taking food and putting it back, licking fingers while in the line and the worst one.....reusing the plate!!

Archived