Cheers Program on Magic

drosphot

Here is a picture of the flyer:

cheers.jpg

They say I can buy rounds for friends but I have not tried yet. The DW is having a blast, see if she makes it to midnight... :D

I think due to Texas liquor laws they won't sell it till the first full day at sea on the Magic. It was not available until this monrning...

Oh and no Sierra Neveda Pale Ale on the Magic yet, one bartender says he has seen cases on board but the new menu rolls out next month... :confused:

Any questions? Post and I will check later on.

Cheers!!!

Thank you SO much! I had been waiting for JH's blog, but this is exactly what I wanted to see. Looks like they've ironed out the kinks, and the program will hopefully be implemented uniformly across all ships. Looking forward to trying it in 6 days!

Have you seen any sign of them bumping the price of cocktails to just over $10 so that they are not included?

No seems all priced are as I recall in August 2012, when we last sailed. Long Island Iced Teas are $8.95. The DW has had a few...

Nothing watered down, no special sizes, same friendly service!

Gotta get ready for dinner!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

since they are not selling cheers until monday, what happens if you want unlimited soda

You buy a soda card on sunday then buy cheers on monday when they start selling the program do you think they will give you a credit for purchasing the soda card?

I doubt it but they should

John confirmed on facebook about the change, with a 15 limit now being implemented. All that needs clarifying now is whether once you hit 15 are you cut off completely, or is your card allowed to purchase further drinks at normal prices?

John confirmed on facebook about the change, with a 15 limit now being implemented. All that needs clarifying now is whether once you hit 15 are you cut off completely, or is your card allowed to purchase further drinks at normal prices?

I follow John and I have seen nothing about 15 being the limit. Yes he states blog has information on cheers but he doesn't say what it's about? Last thing he said about 15 drinks is that's a checkpoint. And he acknowledged there are differences around the fleet.

I follow John and I have seen nothing about 15 being the limit. Yes he states blog has information on cheers but he doesn't say what it's about? Last thing he said about 15 drinks is that's a checkpoint. And he acknowledged there are differences around the fleet.

Posted today:

I didnt have time today to post the change in the Cheers program. This follows a meeting on Friday with the senior beards and here is a message from Eddie our VP of bars which I just received,

" While we are still in a trial period with the CHEERS! Beverage Program, I am very happy to have been able to roll the program out to a total of 13 ships prior to their Christmas cruises. As of this past weekend we made one change to the program, formalizing the limit on how many alcoholic drinks guests will be served within a 24 hour period (15 drinks total within the 24 hour period which runs from 6am to 6am the following day). Sodas and other applicable NA Beverages will remain unlimited and will not be counted towards the 15 alcoholic beverages limit, and all other policies and procedures remain the same.

Eddie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived