FLL to Miami - arriving after midnight

Poohbeck

6 of our family members are arriving at 12:50am (Saturday) the morning we depart from POM for our April cruise. We will be arriving on Friday and will be staying in Miami.

After some discussions at our family meeting, they think they will try to find a hotel in FLL that night/morning and then make it to Miami later in the morning. They will be traveling with a 5 and 9 year old, so, that makes sense.

Most of the FLL hotels have free transfers from the airport to the hotel, but, they stop after midnight - guess they will have to take a taxi. So...any recomenndations of a nice, inexepensive hotel for them? They will only end up using it for a few hours becuase they want to get up early, eat and head to the POM to meet up with us. :) So, it needs to be clean, inexpensive and close to FLL so they can get their quick.

Also, they will need help with getting from the FLL hotel to POM. Looks like SAS (??) only picks up from FLL???

There is an Econolodge only about 3 miles from FLL that should be under $100 and will meet their needs for a very late arrival and early departure.

If SAS will not pick up from there (have you confirmed that? :confused:) I would check with QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/); all three are FLL based shuttle services and are often suggested on these boards.

Good luck! :)

We are in the same situation and are staying at the Fairfield Inn near the FLL Airport. I booked through the hotel website and the nightly rate was $94. We will be there in June. We booked a private car with QLS from the hotel to POM. The total cost before tip was $75 and there are 5 of us, so I thought that was a pretty good rate.

The Fairfield Inn's (Griffin Road) airport shuttle runs until 2:00 AM so as long as they arrive on time they could still catch it. Ace Tours has a desk in their lobby so you might be able to book transfers to POM as part of the room package.

Thanks for the info! Our flight lands at 11:40 pm and we were worried that would be too late for the shuttle, but I'm happy to hear it's not.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Archived