Legend of the Seas - Phuket Docking?

auscruiser83

Hi all,

I've already asked this question on the Royal Caribbean thread, but it was suggested I ask here too...

My wife and I are travelling on our first ever cruise - a 5 night Spice of South East Asia departing Singapore on 17th Feb 13 on Legend of the Seas.

We will be in Phuket on 20th Feb.

I've done a search, but trying to find some up-to-date information on where our ship is likely to dock or where the tender boats will drop us offshore. We are considering booking a tour through another company we used last time we visited Phuket after an excellent experience with them.

The Port Guide on the RCI website did not have any information on this and after phoning RCI directly, the representative was less than helpful and also did not have any idea where we arrive. Her suggestion was to wait until we're onboard and then find out!

Our travel agent also looked into this for me and the information they sourced suggested we would be dropped at the Chaophya Terminal International at the Port of Phuket. However, they were not 100% certain either....

This has confused me because a lot of the stuff I've read says we get dropped off in Patong.... so any ideas??

Additionally, if our ship arrives at 7am, how long should we anticipate it will take before we are disembarked? I've read also that if you don't do one of the ship organised tours you do not get any priority for disembarking. So this might also restrict us from doing an independent tour, given most of these leave from Royal Phuket Marina at around 0830.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi all,

I've already asked this question on the Royal Caribbean thread, but it was suggested I ask here too...

My wife and I are travelling on our first ever cruise - a 5 night Spice of South East Asia departing Singapore on 17th Feb 13 on Legend of the Seas.

We will be in Phuket on 20th Feb.

I've done a search, but trying to find some up-to-date information on where our ship is likely to dock or where the tender boats will drop us offshore. We are considering booking a tour through another company we used last time we visited Phuket after an excellent experience with them.

The Port Guide on the RCI website did not have any information on this and after phoning RCI directly, the representative was less than helpful and also did not have any idea where we arrive. Her suggestion was to wait until we're onboard and then find out!

Our travel agent also looked into this for me and the information they sourced suggested we would be dropped at the Chaophya Terminal International at the Port of Phuket. However, they were not 100% certain either....

This has confused me because a lot of the stuff I've read says we get dropped off in Patong.... so any ideas??

Additionally, if our ship arrives at 7am, how long should we anticipate it will take before we are disembarked? I've read also that if you don't do one of the ship organised tours you do not get any priority for disembarking. So this might also restrict us from doing an independent tour, given most of these leave from Royal Phuket Marina at around 0830.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I was on the Legend 5 Night over NYE, and had a blast, I hope you do, as well.

We tendered in Phuket at Kalim Beach (just north of Patong), not at the terminal you describe. Patong is another possibility, but there was a ship there before us.

According to the terminal schedule, http://cntr.ctic.co.th/pkport/data/pk_Booking.html, Legend would not be in the terminal but the Nautica would be.

You are correct that RC excursions get disembarkation priority, HOWEVER, on our cruise we apparently were cleared early and the made an announcement that morning that people on their own could disembark early. I cannot, of course, promise that will happen again but you might want to be ready for it.

We loved the Sea Canoe excursion if that's one of your possibilities.

Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any other questions, we had the same itinerary.

Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for the info. I think given the uncertainty as to the drop off location and timings, our safest bet will be to do one of the ship organised tours instead.

We are in fact looking at doing the same canoe adventure through Phang Nga Bay as you did. Do you know if you also see James Bond Island & the water village with the houses on stilts on this particular excursion? The description on the RCI website doesn't mention this.

Cheers,

John

Hi Will,

Thanks for the info. I think given the uncertainty as to the drop off location and timings, our safest bet will be to do one of the ship organised tours instead.

We are in fact looking at doing the same canoe adventure through Phang Nga Bay as you did. Do you know if you also see James Bond Island & the water village with the houses on stilts on this particular excursion? The description on the RCI website doesn't mention this.

Cheers,

John

I believe James Bond Island was on the itinerary but we skipped it because of time (the guide told us that they were a little overwhelmed with two cruise ships in the port). I don't think the village was on the itinerary.

Hi,

we will come to Phuket on Costa Atlantica. I have tried to find out where the ship will dock and even phoned Costa. They told me they don't know so far in advance - this will be depending on the level of water (tide). Costa confirmed that there are several ports or possibilites around Phuket where they can dock including close to Patong with tendering.

So I decided to book a Costa tour...:rolleyes: So I don't have to care.

• 1 year later...

Reading through the threads, it seems like where the ship will tender from in Phuket depends on how many ships there were in port that day.

My parents were on the Costa Victoria recently and they were the only ship in port. So the tenders brought them right up to Patong Beach, which was very convenient. They told me the journey took 20 minutes.

Two videos of their experience in the port.

[YOUTUBE]KEIkPLBCCZ8[/YOUTUBE]

This second video is on para-sailing from Patong beach. I think it looked rather dangerous. I wouldn't try this.

[YOUTUBE]vYLH5VqJ9mE[/YOUTUBE]

I'll be on the mariner of the seas in a week and we have 2 days in phuket. I called RCI and they said they couldn't tell me as it depends on tide n all that

Emily

The Mariner does not carry tenders...(only lifeboats) so unless RCCL has contracted transportation to 3rd party operators then you will dock at the deep water port on the other side of the island. Not the easiest option for transportation (ie tuk tuks) You may find ship transportation transfers / tours a better alternative. Best to do some research prior to arrival.

The Mariner does not carry tenders...(only lifeboats) so unless RCCL has contracted transportation to 3rd party operators then you will dock at the deep water port on the other side of the island. Not the easiest option for transportation (ie tuk tuks) You may find ship transportation transfers / tours a better alternative. Best to do some research prior to arrival.

As far as I've seen from previous ppl just on the mariner they were on boats to n from patong beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on a smaller ship..the Oceania Nautica..anyone know where she

docks in Phuket?

Thank you,

Sherry

Nautica has the great advantage of being able to go upriver into the city. When we were there it docked at the original terminal on the city waterfront 10 minutes from the city centre.

• 3 weeks later...

After doing some research (we are going there in February-Celebrity Century) it appears that there are 2 points for tender boats to dock at: 1 on the north & 1 on the south end of Patong Beach. From my understanding these dockings are for the smaller ships. Hope this helps.