Which forward penthouse suite would you book on the Getaway and why?

Susiecruisey

We booked an S7 cabin for our January 2014 12-night cruise, mainly because we wanted to be spoiled in a Haven suite for the first time and also for its spaciousness and huge corner deck!

I will be traveling with a friend and we will take turns, each having 6 nights in the bed and 6 nights on the pullout sofa.

Tracy

No one knows yet...the Breakaway( sister to Getaway 2014) is not finished so no one has seen any of these suites to compare which is better. There is ONLY one of these suites that accomodates 4, so depending on your party size you may not have a choice.

There are 3 of us

• 1 year later...
No one knows yet...the Breakaway( sister to Getaway 2014) is not finished so no one has seen any of these suites to compare which is better. There is ONLY one of these suites that accomodates 4, so depending on your party size you may not have a choice.

This is a very old thread, but I came across it in a search. There is no longer a 4 person forward facing penthouse suite on the Getaway. NCL changed it to a 3 person max after we booked it (for 2 adults and 2 kids). Our travel agent called my wife to tell her and that NCL was offering to add a rollaway bed or a different cabin. I asked which cabin and they said a regular balcony. Luckily she conferenced me into the call (I'm a bit, uh, "difficult" at times) and I asked if that was a joke. So they said the other option (which they didn't bring up to start with) was to give us a second cabin. I said, that's great but we have 2 kids with us and we can't be separate. So they explained that it would be the adjoining cabin to the penthouse suite we had reserved and they would add $100 OBC for each room. So, that all worked out (so far, we sail in July and I'm prepared for them to screw it up) but I think it's ridiculous that they didn't just offer the better solution first in hopes that we would just say yes to their ridiculous suggestions.

Anyway, just so people know, apparently there are no 4 person forward facing penthouse suites on the Getaway anymore.

I would not pick the lowest or highest deck offered for fear of what is above or below it for noise, chair movement, stomping, etc.

H7's are sandwiched between the bridge and more cabins. I doubt you'd have to worry about noise. I certainly didn't have any issues with my H7 on Breakaway.

This is a very old thread, but I came across it in a search. There is no longer a 4 person forward facing penthouse suite on the Getaway. NCL changed it to a 3 person max after we booked it (for 2 adults and 2 kids). Our travel agent called my wife to tell her and that NCL was offering to add a rollaway bed or a different cabin. I asked which cabin and they said a regular balcony. Luckily she conferenced me into the call (I'm a bit, uh, "difficult" at times) and I asked if that was a joke. So they said the other option (which they didn't bring up to start with) was to give us a second cabin. I said, that's great but we have 2 kids with us and we can't be separate. So they explained that it would be the adjoining cabin to the penthouse suite we had reserved and they would add $100 OBC for each room. So, that all worked out (so far, we sail in July and I'm prepared for them to screw it up) but I think it's ridiculous that they didn't just offer the better solution first in hopes that we would just say yes to their ridiculous suggestions.

Anyway, just so people know, apparently there are no 4 person forward facing penthouse suites on the Getaway anymore.

Usually, only those in the suites (which are in the Haven) are permitted to use the Haven facilities and eat in the Haven restaurants. I'd make sure that they're including that adjoining cabin. You're not on deck 11 or 13 are you? Those suites have connecting balconies which wouldn't normally be included in Haven perks.

Harriet

Thanks for the head's up, I will make sure that is clear in the reservation. We are on the 13th floor. Do you mean that the balconies between the suite and the adjoining balcony room would be adjoining? That would be nice, and I certainly wasn't expecting it.

Thanks for the head's up, I will make sure that is clear in the reservation. We are on the 13th floor. Do you mean that the balconies between the suite and the adjoining balcony room would be adjoining? That would be nice, and I certainly wasn't expecting it.

You must be in 13706 forward suite that connects to 13708 balcony cabin?

The balcony's won't be adjoining but do check to make sure that 13708, that balcony cabin can get access to the Haven for those perks as well as breakfast/lunch with you.

Usually, it's not permitted but due to your situation it might be. Just double check so there are no surprises once onboard.

Harriet

You must be in 13706 forward suite that connects to 13708 balcony cabin?

The balcony's won't be adjoining but do check to make sure that 13708, that balcony cabin can get access to the Haven for those perks as well as breakfast/lunch with you.

Usually, it's not permitted but due to your situation it might be. Just double check so there are no surprises once onboard.

Harriet

Thanks, it will have to be. We paid for Haven for 4. Due to their change, they added a room. That's great, but we booked haven access for 4 and they are going to give it to us.

Usually, only those in the suites (which are in the Haven) are permitted to use the Haven facilities and eat in the Haven restaurants. I'd make sure that they're including that adjoining cabin. You're not on deck 11 or 13 are you? Those suites have connecting balconies which wouldn't normally be included in Haven perks.

Harriet

The connecting cabin will have suite privileges. The kids will be booked in the adjoining cabin. I have a AFT penthouse booked on the BA for 6 people and the suite only holds 4. The 4 adults are booked into the suite and the 2 kids are booked into the other cabin. The reservations are linked all to the suite.

The connecting cabin will have suite privileges. The kids will be booked in the adjoining cabin. I have a AFT penthouse booked on the BA for 6 people and the suite only holds 4. The 4 adults are booked into the suite and the 2 kids are booked into the other cabin. The reservations are linked all to the suite.

FYI - just because the reservations are linked to the Suite does not automatically mean that those in the adjoining cabin will be permitted Haven access if the adjoining cabin is not a suite as well.

Harriet

FYI - just because the reservations are linked to the Suite does not automatically mean that those in the adjoining cabin will be permitted Haven access if the adjoining cabin is not a suite as well.

Harriet

Yes it will when it's a connecting cabin with CHILDREN only listed in the connecting room. The suites on the new ships outside the Haven courtyard don't accommodate more than 4 people. NCL allows Haven access with this type of reservation for those AFT and Forward Penthouses not in the Haven Courtyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes it will when it's a connecting cabin with CHILDREN only listed in the connecting room. The suites on the new ships outside the Haven courtyard don't accommodate more than 4 people. NCL allows Haven access with this type of reservation for those AFT and Forward Penthouses not in the Haven Courtyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hmmmm good to know, I was not aware of that.

Harriet

Just to close the loop on this, email from NCL (through our agent):

Hi XXXXXX -

Both guest on reservation 25484XXX for XXXXX & XXXXX along with the guest in the original reservation 2403XXXX will ALL HAVE access to the haven area.

The ship is already well aware of this and the guest will not have any problems once they get to the pier.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards

XXXXX | Reservation Supervisor

Great to know. I didn't think it was the norm so glad you double checked! Bring the email with you 'just in case'.

Have a great cruise!!

Harriet

Just to close the loop on this, email from NCL (through our agent):

Quote:

Hi XXXXXX -

Both guest on reservation 25484XXX for XXXXX & XXXXX along with the guest in the original reservation 2403XXXX will ALL HAVE access to the haven area.

The ship is already well aware of this and the guest will not have any problems once they get to the pier.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards

XXXXX | Reservation Supervisor

I booked 12106 on Getaway. I selected this suite because it was the highest deck near the Haven. Deck 13 is a hull balcony and I think maybe a handicap room so I did not book deck 13. 12106 is also port side which I prefer sailing from Miami.

Our balcony is definitely a hull balcony. We knew that when we reserved it. If the balcony were important to us, we would have booked that aft-facing suite. We rarely use the balcony anyway (and now we will have an extra one) and preferred the room and location closer to the Haven and the kids area over extra balcony space. They let us know about the balcony before the reservation, so kudos to them (our agents, not NCL) for that. We knew what we were buying going into it.