Baltimore port

lthouseprincess

Ok, I am really too lazy to try and search. I am sailing out of Baltimore on Enchantment and I need to know what car companies I can rent a car from the aireport that I can return it and they will take us to the port. We are flying in the day before and want to do some sight seeing in DC.

I don't believe there are any shuttles to the port provided at the BWI Rental Car facility by the rental agencies themselves. You could probably make your own arrangements with a shuttle service to pick you up there and take you to the ship. Otherwise you would need to take a taxi or proceed back to the airport terminal to arrange transportation to the port.

The rental car facility for BWI is not located at the airport terminal. There are dedicated airport buses that transfer you from the airport terminal to the rental car facility.

What do all the people who sail out of this port do when they come back from a cruise? Pay for a cab to a car rental place???

Many people drive to the port as they live within driving distance.

Then there are those who fly in the day or two before the cruise who stay at hotels that provide free shuttle service or sign up for a stay and cruise package at local hotels.

Thank you everyone for your help! This is so funny to me as I have been on 15 cruises but they were all out of Port Canaveral.

Ok, So i need to find a hotel that has late airport pick up (we will just rent a car for the day as we want to explore DC) and then shuttle to the port, any suggestions??

Thank you everyone for your help! This is so funny to me as I have been on 15 cruises but they were all out of Port Canaveral.

Ok, So i need to find a hotel that has late airport pick up (we will just rent a car for the day as we want to explore DC) and then shuttle to the port, any suggestions??

Here's one for you. Stay at an airport area hotel. Most hotels have complimentary shuttles from the terminal (courtesy phones are in the baggage claim area). To travel into D.C. take a train from the BWI Train Station. Many airport area hotels will shuttle you to the train station. Depending on the day of the week you can take an Amtrak or MARC Train to Washington Union Station. Amtrak fares will be around $22-$35 and a MARC Train will be $7-$10. MARC trains are commuter trains and run during the week. Amtrak has multiple daily service to D.C. On the day of your cruise you can make your own shuttle arrangements to the port or as Tony mentioned you could stay at a hotel with a stay and cruise package.

While in D.C. you can walk to many of the sights or use the Metro (subway) to move around town. The Metro is cheap and easy to use.

Archived