Port of Galveston to IAH Houston airport Transfers

mpduquaine

Hello-

Shuttle service Recommended for transfer from Port of Galveston to IAH Houston Airport. My flight is at 1 pm and they(princess) are now telling me that the flight has to be after 1:30 pm. I need to find a shuttle service, taxi or any other means of transportation. I have looked all around and can only find a taxi for $135. Do you have any suggestions or anyone want to car share?

Thank you in advance

Check Galveston Limo out http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com/

Cruise Transportation

We are excited to provide transportation to and from the Galveston Cruise Ship Terminal.

Individual and group services are available to and from Houston/Hobby and Houston Bush/IAH Airports on our regular shuttle schedule and by private chartered departures.

We run additional shuttles on cruise departure days.

Contact us at (800)640-4826 to reserve.

We had the same problem a few weeks ago when we got off the Crown. We found the Princess transfers to be the best way to go. You should be fine with a 1:00 flight. We were the last off the ship and still got to IAH at noon. I actually paid United to change our flight from 12:30 to 5:30 thinking we would not make it and really had plenty of excess time in the airport, actually too much time. The bus is fast and comfortable. I think the cost when we booked was only $28.99 pp, but I think the rates have gone up. Have Fun!

I also would second the Princess bus...they should have lots of people on board that need to get there early.

On another note, we just selected Extreme Elegance limo service Bush to Galveston...they will pick you up at your preferred time, only you, no waiting for others, $120 for 2. We got there name off the CC port info...good reviews to date. We also checked Galveston Limo, but they only had set times for transport which didn't fit our arrival...would have to wait 4 hours before next scheduled run.

It is a bit if a hassle to get to Galveston, our first cruise out of there in April...but supposed to be a pretty city.

Good luck!

On another note, we just selected Extreme Elegance limo service Bush to Galveston...they will pick you up at your preferred time, only you, no waiting for others, $120 for 2. We got there name off the CC port info...good reviews to date. We also checked Galveston Limo, but they only had set times for transport which didn't fit our arrival...would have to wait 4 hours before next scheduled run.

We are using Extreme Elegance (a 10 passenger stretch for 6 of us and luggage) from IAH to the port in March. I also got their name here at CC. My experience has been very positive with them so far - good prices, quick responses etc... I'd be happy to report back with my thoughts after we return, if you're interested!

Good Morning!

I an in desperate need of a Transfer company who starts transfers by 9 am

from the Port of Galveston to IAH. Also would prefer one that is more reasonable than $150 for 2 people. Our Flight is at 1 pm.

Urgency is needed and a reliable company.

Thank you

M

You could do the Princess transfer for $36 PP.

You could do the Princess transfer for $36 PP.
That's what I'm doing. If there are two people, $72 sounds a lot better than $120-$150. When there are a lot of passengers taking Princess transfers, the buses fill up more quickly than at a port with only a few passengers using the transfer. Avoid being on the last bus as it'll wait until the last bus transfer passenger is off the ship and on the bus.

I think you have started 3-4 different blogs on the same topic...I replied on one of them and then noticed all the others with the same topic...others are doing the same, so you probably have good advise in many different areas:confused:

Thank you! I am doing this for my nephew and his flight is at 1 pm. Princess will not guarentee this with the transfers. I would hate to have him miss his flight. Although, it seems like someone had done the walk off with Princess and made it in plenty of time. Will they leave earlier if they have enough people that have to be there earlier?

Thank you in advanced

Michele

Thank you

I have started so many because I need the advise. Many of the transfers don't start until 11 which leaves no time to make my flight.

Any advise is useful

Unless the ship is late to port (as this past weekend when it did not get in until after 2 PM), everyone is off the ship by 10 AM. Transfers to IAH should start by 8 AM or earlier.

Just be sure to request to be on the first group to be on a bus to IAH when Princess is making the assignments mid-cruise.

Jessica...would love to hear about your experience with Elegant Limo...thanks much.

You bet! Send me a note after March 30 in the case that I forget! ;)

When comparing the prices of Princess transfers vs. private transportation (i.e. a limo), how many people in your party definitely makes a difference. We have 6 in our group and are paying less per person for a 10-passenger stretch limo than we would for the Princess bus. :D

Archived