Carnival Legend 1/6/13 review

camarodrivenrs

Just got back to Alaska early this morning from our 7 night Carnival Legend cruise. We are a couple in our 20s. Since I have a good opinion of the cruise, thought I'd give a quick review so there is some positive threads on this board.

Ship--The ship looks to be in great shape considering it is about 10 years old now. I was on the Costa Atlantica a couple of years ago and the Legend compares very nicely to that boat. I really like the size and design of this ship. The Legend was clean, the room A/C worked fine, the public rooms were maintained nicely.

Food--Breakfast and lunch buffets were typical buffets, not great, but I left with a full stomach every time I went. We did late seat dining and thought our wait team was great. I looked forward to going to dinner and talking to them every night.

Ports--We did a party bus, bar hop in Cozumel which went to the eastern side of the island which was great fun. Roatan, we did the dolphin swim at Anthony's Key Resort and included the 30 minute free snorkel with the entire pod and was worth every penny. A life experience for sure. In Grand Cayman we did the string ray city with Captain Marvin's tours and that was really cool to see them swarm all around.

Carnival handed out a notice during boarding that Belize would be replaced with Costa Maya. I had never been to the Belize stop so we were a little let down by this, but I haven't heard great things about it and we didn't have anything planned there. However, due to high winds and swells we could not make port in Costa Maya, but I did get to watch the Glory try to dock twice and fail which was interesting.

Overall it was a great cruise and it was my girlfriend's first cruise and she really enjoyed it. For me I think Princess is still my first choice, but not when their inside cabins are the same price as Carnival's balcony cabins. The price difference just is too much. I would definitely cruise Carnival again, at least this class of ship anyway.

Overall it was a great cruise and it was my girlfriend's first cruise and she really enjoyed it. For me I think Princess is still my first choice, but not when their inside cabins are the same price as Carnival's balcony cabins. The price difference just is too much. I would definitely cruise Carnival again, at least this class of ship anyway.

Thanks for the review, I am also a Princess cruiser but booked on the Legend for my med cruise with DD as the price on princess for the same 12 night very similar itinerary was more than double.

Hope we have an awesome time on the Legend.

• 3 weeks later...

We are doing a transatlantic on the Carnival Legend in April

and we are wondering about doing our own laundry while

aboard?:)

Just got back to Alaska early this morning from our 7 night Carnival Legend cruise. We are a couple in our 20s. Since I have a good opinion of the cruise, thought I'd give a quick review so there is some positive threads on this board.

Ship--The ship looks to be in great shape considering it is about 10 years old now. I was on the Costa Atlantica a couple of years ago and the Legend compares very nicely to that boat. I really like the size and design of this ship. The Legend was clean, the room A/C worked fine, the public rooms were maintained nicely.

Food--Breakfast and lunch buffets were typical buffets, not great, but I left with a full stomach every time I went. We did late seat dining and thought our wait team was great. I looked forward to going to dinner and talking to them every night.

Ports--We did a party bus, bar hop in Cozumel which went to the eastern side of the island which was great fun. Roatan, we did the dolphin swim at Anthony's Key Resort and included the 30 minute free snorkel with the entire pod and was worth every penny. A life experience for sure. In Grand Cayman we did the string ray city with Captain Marvin's tours and that was really cool to see them swarm all around.

Carnival handed out a notice during boarding that Belize would be replaced with Costa Maya. I had never been to the Belize stop so we were a little let down by this, but I haven't heard great things about it and we didn't have anything planned there. However, due to high winds and swells we could not make port in Costa Maya, but I did get to watch the Glory try to dock twice and fail which was interesting.

We are doing a transatlantic on the Carnival Legend in April

and we are wondering about doing our own laundry while

aboard?:)

I'm also planning on doing laundry, sure gonna miss my free princess laundry.

What date are you sailing? I am on the end of May Venice to Barcelona for DD

Graduation. Looking forward to your review and list of excursions :)

Thanks for the great quick review. We're heading out on the Legend 3/24. Hope we can make all the ports. Two quick questions --how was your wait to get on the ship in Tampa and how was the tender for Grand Cayman? There are alot of ships in GC the day we are there (5).

:);)We are doing a 15 night TA with a post in Barcelona on 4/7.

Guess we need to bring coins with us. I will miss the free

Royal Car. laundry. Love those Purex all-in-0ne sheets.

Will bring a bunch :owith us.

I'm also planning on doing laundry, sure gonna miss my free princess laundry.

What date are you sailing? I am on the end of May Venice to Barcelona for DD

Graduation. Looking forward to your review and list of excursions :)

thanks for the review. First thing that jumped out at me though was "just got back to Alaska"! I live in Tampa and we went to Alaska a few years ago and DANG-it's far! So glad to read positive reviews of the Legend.

I had the same reaction! I'd love to go to Alaska for a cruise but it's just too darn far! Guess the warm Caribbean is a big draw and you can see a whale often enough.

Carnival Laundry is only $15 for a bag - and you can stuff A LOT in that bag. Definitely worth it, IMHO.

The Legend is not going to get 2.0 updates until 2014 now. :(

QUESTION FOR THE THREAD STARTER.... DID THE LEGEND HAVE FAST INTERNET YET?? JUST WONDERING WHAT THE INTERNET PACKAGE LOOKED LIKE??!! THANK YOU!!

Archived