children's programs on the Zenith

njcruisingmom

Now that the Zenith cruises to Bermuda have started, can anyone give me any input o the children's program? We're sailing with DD's -- aged 9 and 5 -- at the end of June. While this is a family vacation, DH and I would like a little time to ourselves. Any comments much appreciated.

I do know Celebrity has extensive childrens programs on the ships all year round.

There will be about 200 plus kids on the ship that week.

From what I have seen the kids like the ship program.

Lots of things to do during the days at sea.

They meet a lot of other kids their age and move about the ship playing games and creating crafts....

About a month ago, another CC'er emailed to me some kids dailies from a March -Horizon sailing. Even though we are both going on the Zenith the very same day, (YIPPEE), I am sure it will be a similar kids program and it gave us a great idea of what my 10 yr old could expect. She had a ball reading them AND they had tons of fun stuff for her age. She really is excited. I know that your 9 yr old will be in the younger age bracket than my daughter, so the activities could be slightly different, but from my daughter's reaction, I think (and hope) your daughter will be pleasantly surprised and have lots of fun.

Oh, and as we speak she is practicing her song for the talent show !! : )

See you onboard and at the CC party too! Denise

njmom,

our kids were on Zenith's sister, Horizon, a couple of months ago (I think I was the one who sent out the Horizon kid dailies to you, Dennas) and they really had a good time with the ship's children's program (like they did the previous 4 times!). They were (and are) 9 and 12 yrs old. Your kids will have a blast as the program is well organized by the capable youth counselors that are on board. You may have trouble convincing them to get off the ship to see Bermuda........

Here are some photos of the kids program during our Horizon sailing:

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=2345

Thank you all so much (especially for the photos!) I was feeling really good about the kids program and then I read an article that mentioned some negative experiences the author had with children's programs (nothing serious -- inattentive counselors, unimaginative programs) and I started to worry. As if I dont' have enough to worry about trying to get a family of four ready for a big vacation!

I don't know about the Zenith program, but the program on the Connie was fabulous! I posted a review of the program back in March when we returned on this very website, as a thread. Take a look at it. My son is 4 and he loved it so much we hardly ever saw him! I remember from previous cruises on the Zenith that the kids room is on the bottom floor of the ship and much smaller than on the Connie (but Zenith is half the size) I am sure the programs are comparable. They had crafts, games, scavenger hunts, family programs etc. Your kids will have a blast being with kids their age instead of hanging out with the "boring" parents. It gives you time to relax and enjoy your cruise! Happy sailing!

Archived