Curacao Excursions Cancelled?

tfox1018

It could be any one of a number of things. It could be that the contracts with the tour operators weren't signed or the tours up to Princess standards, it could be too many tours going to one location at the same time, it could be an issue with the harbormaster, or something else entirely.

I've recently had 2 cancelled as well for the 2/23 cruise. Hiking and the dinner/culinary experience. Someone earlier posted that the chef for the latter event is ill, but no explanation is given in the notices other than "operational considerations."

We are on that cruise as well but didn't book anything from that port so no notification. Hopefully it doesn't have to do with arrival times and any delays.

That is actually my concern. I am hoping it isn't because they are anticipating getting in late. I want to get to they Synagogue and get back by 3 for my Irie Bus Tour.

Thank you all for the responses.:)

Do yourself a favor and hire a taxi to take you to the spots. Our ship arrived 2 hours late because of strong winds and all the excursions were cancelled anyway. We hired a taxi to take us around for an hour for $20 each. We were very impressed with the taxi driver, we had the whole van to ourselves and were very satisfied. If your ship gets there as scheduled, there are plenty of tour companies waiting to take you around to Hato caves etc.

Was on 1/5/13 sailing and we arrived in Curacao at 4PM. All excursions cancelled except one trolley.

Synagogue closes at 4PM, so that was not an option. Most attractions the private tours go to are closed by 5PM.

We walked around, did some quick shopping, as stores close between 5-6. Enjoyed a live outdoor concert in Renaissance courtyard.

The positive is the activities staff added an extra Zumba session that afternoon, before we docked. We also stayed in Aruba until 5PM.

We were told by local tour operators that this ship has been arriving late this season. I'd have alternate plans in case the ship arrives late.

Archived