Disembark QM2 in New York; Brooklyn or Manhattan?

SantaAna,CA

Hi. I think I saw somewhere on these threads that you disembark the QM2 in Brooklyn (from Southampton). But then I saw someone else talking about getting off the ship in Manhattan. Does the port change from time to time with Cunard T/A arrivals?

Hi. I think I saw somewhere on these threads that you disembark the QM2 in Brooklyn (from Southampton). But then I saw someone else talking about getting off the ship in Manhattan. Does the port change from time to time with Cunard T/A arrivals?

Sometimes it does, see here for info http://www.nycruise.com/schedule/

Most of the time the QM2 uses the Brooklyn terminal, but sometimes that terminal is not available [storm damage, the Caribbean Princess is scheduled for the same day...].

I greatly prefer the Brooklyn terminal for ease of access - but the early morning sail up the Hudson can be quite scenic.

I also prefer the Brooklyn Terminal for ease of embarkation/disembarkation. But sailing up the Hudson River is quite beautiful...from the skyscrapers, and further up the river, past the Tappan Zee Bridge, or a sail around Manhattan island. So don't feel cheated if your ship doesn't dock in Manhattan, just look for the things you want to see, you will find them at most moderate prices, within the allotted time you have in port, and something to fit in any budget. Just one example:the Staten Island Ferry is free of charge.

Archived