walk to Escambron Beach from OSJ?

beachlover98

We are doing a pre-cruise stay in an apartment in the heart of OSJ. Is is possible to walk to Escambron Beach? We are in good shape and the heat is not a problem. Just wondering if others have done this and if so, about how long does it take?

Also, are there any points of interest along the way?

We are doing a pre-cruise stay in an apartment in the heart of OSJ. Is is possible to walk to Escambron Beach? We are in good shape and the heat is not a problem. Just wondering if others have done this and if so, about how long does it take?

Also, are there any points of interest along the way?

It's about a 2 mile walk east from OSJ. Once you pass the San Cristobal Fort there aren't really any attractions, just businesses, some industry. I'd take the bus. I don't think it would be a pretty walk like in Condado along the water. But it would be doable for sure.

If you walk along the northernmost road along the shoreline, you'll do so along a wide promenade with scenic views of the Atlantic Ocean. Walk up to San Francisco street, head east along the south side of Fort San Cristobal. As you continue you'll walk past the "state" Capitol, which has some interesting monuments around it. You continue to walk eastbound until you almost reach the end of San Juan islet. On your right across the street will be Luis Muñoz Rivera park, which is quite nice and very popular with local families. The Escambrón beach will be to your left. If you reach a sports stadium and the Caribe Hilton, you've gone too far.

Just got back from walking down to Escambron Beach. The walk was very scenic and very easy. So glad we did it! I thought there were a lot of interesting things to see on the way and was so glad we didn't miss them. Beach was easy to find. Couldn't miss it. Not the best beach by any stretch compared to all the others I've been to in the Caribbean but it was nice for a day, especially considering the proximity. Also not crowded at all.

I've walked it and posted comments and photos on http://WWW.everytrail.com. I love walking and capturing a location up close and on foot, so a bus or taxi seldom appeals to me.

I had passed the area several times in a taxi, and always felt I was missing something. Walking revealed all the area has to offer.

That's a very interesting site. What did you name your walk? I didn't find it under "San Juan" or "Escambron".

Thanks,

Archived