• Miami
    • Fort Lauderdale
    • San Juan
    • Galveston
    • New York
    • Baltimore
    • Mobile
    • Other

Carnival Freedom(Conquest Class) will begin sailing in Feb 07. Anyone want to take guesses on where she will call home? Im going to say either she will move to New Orleans or Pt. Canaveral and Conquest or Glory will move to a new port.

Carnival Freedom??? I'm going on Freedom of the seas (royal caribbean).....so carnival has a freedom too?

Anyway, I voted for Miami ;) because It's the best dock to get to i think.

Carnival Freedom??? I'm going on Freedom of the seas (royal caribbean).....so carnival has a freedom too?

Anyway, I voted for Miami ;) because It's the best dock to get to i think.

Yes, Carnival will also have a Freedom :) I think Royal announced the name a week or two before Carnival. Its hard to say which one actually decided on the name first.

I dunno about New Orleans. Why would they replace a Conquest class ship with a Conquest Class ship? And not sure NOLA will have the dock space to add another large ship for some time.

Because a Conquest class ship cant go to the west coast they will probably have to replace a Conquest Class ship with a newer Conquest Class ship.

I voted Galveston, but just because we need a ship with balconies... Carnival is doing great in Galveston, but it's pretty hard to compete with RCL when the ships are twice and big and newer... I'd be happy with a Destiny Class ship moving here, but a brand new "Freedom" with different itineraries than the normal would be spectacular :)

I think if Galveston were to have a bigger airport that we'd see alot more lines moving in, too. The commute from the Houston airports is a big inconvenience. I'm glad I'd be driving.

I vote for Baltimore, for at least part of the year. What better place than near our nations capital? (of course it's less than a couple hours from my home!:D )

You know you might be on to something :) They might put it in a few places from Feb-May/June, then send it over to Europe for the summer.

Kansas City would be great for me!! lol!!! St Louis would be okay too. DH thinks maybe the Mississippi River would be big enough. Either way, still driveable for me!!

Kansas City would be great for me!! lol!!! St Louis would be okay too. DH thinks maybe the Mississippi River would be big enough. Either way, still driveable for me!!

LOL..wow I didnt think to add that as a option!! Could you just imagine seeing a huge ship next to all those gambling boats :)

I say Tampa; the only Florida port without one.

I think there is a bridge in Tampa that wont allow a Conquest Class ship to pass under. Plus they are having issues with Miracle. Not sure Carnival would be eager to reward them with an brand new ship.

Thanks for the clarification .... :) Would it fit through the Rideau Canal LOL Then it could come up this way LOL

errr no she wouldn't, however Montreal is always an option. Oh I know Toranna, 7 day exotic southern Lake Ontario.:D

Not completely sure why, but I picked San Juan. Just a gut thing, at least partly because Valor went to Miami, like maybe they're sprucing up their offerings in the traditional home bases. It's been a long time since San Juan got brand-new tonnage from CCL...then Destiny could head over to Galveston and take over from Elation (the last Fantasy-class ship on a 7-day itinerary, which makes her something of an oddball).

Now, Corina...I wouldn't say Rhapsody OTS is a rustbucket! :eek: She's a little older and smaller than some of the dazzling new giants, but I found her to be quite nice. Weren't you guys supposed to get Grand Princess and Galaxy?

Archived