• Miami
    • Fort Lauderdale
    • San Juan
    • Galveston
    • New York
    • Baltimore
    • Mobile
    • Other

Not completely sure why, but I picked San Juan. Just a gut thing, at least partly because Valor went to Miami, like maybe they're sprucing up their offerings in the traditional home bases. It's been a long time since San Juan got brand-new tonnage from CCL...then Destiny could head over to Galveston and take over from Elation (the last Fantasy-class ship on a 7-day itinerary, which makes her something of an oddball).

Now, Corina...I wouldn't say Rhapsody OTS is a rustbucket! :eek: She's a little older and smaller than some of the dazzling new giants, but I found her to be quite nice. Weren't you guys supposed to get Grand Princess and Galaxy?

Makes sense, Freedom to San Juan...Destiny to Galveston..Elation to Mobile..Holiday to Gulfport(I did that for Cotton) :p

Or Freedom to Pt Canaveral... Glory to San Juan.... Destiny to Galveston... Elation to Mobile..Holiday to Gulfport

errr no she wouldn't, however Montreal is always an option. Oh I know Toranna, 7 day exotic southern Lake Ontario.:D

LOL too funny!! I still find it funny that they have cruise ships going to NS and NB beautiful to see.. so why do they not put this new ship in NFLD...

Makes sense, Freedom to San Juan...Destiny to Galveston..Elation to Mobile..Holiday to Gulfport(I did that for Cotton) :p

Or Freedom to Pt Canaveral... Glory to San Juan.... Destiny to Galveston... Elation to Mobile..Holiday to Gulfport

Gulfport would love to get a ship. And has experience and a taste from dealing with Conquest for a few months.

Not sure about San Juan. Kind of against what Carnival has been doing - distributing ships around so people didn't have to travel so far. When they tried two ships in San Juan it didn't work out so well.

They could put on the west Coast without doing the Canal, but I'm thinking it might go to the Northeast.

Of course, since Liberty is going back to Europe next year, why wouldn't Carnival place a ship there year round?

Gulfport would love to get a ship. And has experience and a taste from dealing with Conquest for a few months.

Not sure about San Juan. Kind of against what Carnival has been doing - distributing ships around so people didn't have to travel so far. When they tried two ships in San Juan it didn't work out so well.

They could put on the west Coast without doing the Canal, but I'm thinking it might go to the Northeast.

Of course, since Liberty is going back to Europe next year, why wouldn't Carnival place a ship there year round?

How can they get a Conquest ship to the west coast?

Around South America or around Africa.

You dont really think Carnival would do that, do you? It would make for a great month long + cruise.

I see QM2 does a Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles cruise that hits South America...its 36 days long.

You dont really think Carnival would do that, do you? It would make for a great month long + cruise.

Why not? Why would they have to do it more than once? Once there why leave? Several possible venues: Alaska, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera. Lots of cruisers in California.

And could be rough, so perhaps not a revenue cruise. Forget which one, but seems to me one of the RCCL ships dumped a putting course overboard on a rough Atlantic crossing a few years ago.

I'll say Miami.....I'm thinking they are doing Miami or FLL for starting new ships now and putting the newest, Liberty, in FLL so that means next one after that, Freedom, would be in Miami.....LOL......Ok, I'm just guessing but it sounds good!:D ......I've already got a CC group planned for Freedom for 2007......lol.....just sorta waiting on pricing.;)

Why not? Why would they have to do it more than once? Once there why leave? Several possible venues: Alaska, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera. Lots of cruisers in California.

And could be rough, so perhaps not a revenue cruise. Forget which one, but seems to me one of the RCCL ships dumped a putting course overboard on a rough Atlantic crossing a few years ago.

Anything is possible, but I would be shocked if they did something like that. That would be far too many days to operate without generating revenue.

I'll say Miami.....I'm thinking they are doing Miami or FLL for starting new ships now and putting the newest, Liberty, in FLL so that means next one after that, Freedom, would be in Miami.....LOL......Ok, I'm just guessing but it sounds good!:D ......I've already got a CC group planned for Freedom for 2007......lol.....just sorta waiting on pricing.;)

Thats whats fun..none of us are wrong...yet :) I hope wherever they put her she does 8-10 days sailings.

Randy..sign me up!!:p

I will say San Juan, just because I would love to see a larger newer ship in Puerto Rico.

Odds are Miami or FLL, I noticed Carnival is building new piers in Miami.

Anything is possible, but I would be shocked if they did something like that. That would be far too many days to operate without generating revenue.

Could combine it with sea trials/shake down. And without passengers to pamper wouldn't take so long to get there. But it is a stretch.

I still think the Northeast.

S&S part trois I am game for that... :)

I highly doubt she will go to Miami. I think RCCL already stamped Miami with a Freedom ship. Sorry I don't think Carnival Freedom will compete well with RCCL's Freedom of the Seas. My guess would be that she will go to NY.

I highly doubt she will go to Miami. I think RCCL already stamped Miami with a Freedom ship. Sorry I don't think Carnival Freedom will compete well with RCCL's Freedom of the Seas. My guess would be that she will go to NY.

I just can't see Carnival putting a ship in NYC in Feb, maybe she will be in the NE in the summer months.

Carnival is not afraid of RCI or what they do and that will not stop them from placing this ship in Miami if that is what they desire to do.

Carnival is not afraid of RCI or what they do and that will not stop them from placing this ship in Miami if that is what they desire to do.
I am sure thay are not but would it be wise for them to battle it out? I dont think so.

Archived