• Miami
    • Fort Lauderdale
    • San Juan
    • Galveston
    • New York
    • Baltimore
    • Mobile
    • Other

Either Miami or San Juan. Sorry, but I don't see them placing their newest ship in a small market port like Mobile or Galveston. They will put their biggest and newest in one of the biggest draw ports.

I have to agree. I live in Mobile and I doubt Mobile will ever see a new cruise ship from any line. 10 or 15 years from now I could see Mobile ending up with all the Fantasy class that are left because no one else wants them. They'll all be lined up bumper to bumper at the dock, broke down and taking on water.

I'm sorry I meant to say the freedom was going to NO and the conquest to europe.At least that is what several crew members told us.Of course they could be like the rest of us "mushrooms" kept in the dark and fed you know what by their bosses.:)

CC

I haven't seen anybody mention Jacksonville. Does Jacksonville, FL have facilities for a large cruise ship? Wasn't the Miracle there for the Super Bowl or something like that?

I *think* both Tampa and Jax have low bridges that would prevent a Conquest Class ship from Homeporting there.

I'm sorry I meant to say the freedom was going to NO and the conquest to europe.At least that is what several crew members told us.Of course they could be like the rest of us "mushrooms" kept in the dark and fed you know what by their bosses.:)

CC

A local TV station here in New Orleans interviewed the port director a few weeks ago and he mentioned that New Orleans was in the running to get the new Freedom if all the disputes with Entergy over the powerlines were resolved. Luckily for us, the powerline issue has now been settled and Entergy has agreed to take down the powerlines that stretch across the river. Bring on Freedom!

Jumping ahead here without reading all the posts, so if someone posted this before me, this is unintentional. :)

Anyway, I doubt Conquest will be moved. The ship was designed for New Orleans. Its decor screams New Orleans.

And I picked "Other", because I have absolutely no idea......

A local TV station here in New Orleans interviewed the port director a few weeks ago and he mentioned that New Orleans was in the running to get the new Freedom if all the disputes with Entergy over the powerlines were resolved. Luckily for us, the powerline issue has now been settled and Entergy has agreed to take down the powerlines that stretch across the river. Bring on Freedom!

Oh that would be GREAT!!!! We were watching the Conquest the other day, all taking a guess if they would move her... and since we are having S&S 2 on the Conquest, it would be GREAT to have S&S 3 on a new ship!!! I would LOVE the Freedom coming to NOLA!!!!!!!

Oh that would be GREAT!!!! We were watching the Conquest the other day, all taking a guess if they would move her... and since we are having S&S 2 on the Conquest, it would be GREAT to have S&S 3 on a new ship!!! I would LOVE the Freedom coming to NOLA!!!!!!!

Yep......but we'll be breaking her in first in the Spring of 2007 with a CC group that I'm waiting on pricing from....:eek: :D Standyby!;)

There's no way Carnival would place the Freedom on the West Coast (or I doubt add any other ship), our side of the world does not have enough destinations.

I see Carnival further expanding it's presence in Europe. Maybe the Freedom would be based there part of the year.

The newer Builds can't get through the Panama Canal and goin around the Cape could be a Real Mess. Unfortunatly it's a long Cruise from the West Coast to anywhere except Hawaii and up and down the Coast. Could you Imagine a Trans-Pacific Cruise, you would feel like the Kon-Tiki. :cool:

:eek:

Jumping ahead here without reading all the posts, so if someone posted this before me, this is unintentional. :)

Anyway, I doubt Conquest will be moved. The ship was designed for New Orleans. Its decor screams New Orleans.

And I picked "Other", because I have absolutely no idea......

Carnival will never keep a ship in the same port for its entire sailing life. Ships move around every 3-5 years.

I have to agree. I live in Mobile and I doubt Mobile will ever see a new cruise ship from any line. 10 or 15 years from now I could see Mobile ending up with all the Fantasy class that are left because no one else wants them. They'll all be lined up bumper to bumper at the dock, broke down and taking on water.

You sound just like the rest of the negative bunch that call into the "Sound-Off" column in the local newspaper Press Registar. I also live in Mobile and have sailed Holiday which was completely booked. There is no way that I believe that Carnival would place a ship such as Freedom here in Mobile, but with the success that they have had with Holiday I can easily see them moving a larger and newer ship to Mobile.

You sound just like the rest of the negative bunch that call into the "Sound-Off" column in the local newspaper Press Registar. I also live in Mobile and have sailed Holiday which was completely booked. There is no way that I believe that Carnival would place a ship such as Freedom here in Mobile, but with the success that they have had with Holiday I can easily see them moving a larger and newer ship to Mobile.

I don't read Sound Off. Quit along time ago because most are too negative and moronic to waste my time. I do stand by my sentiments about Freedom in Mobile though. Not being negative, just realistic. I could see a Fantasy class in Mobile in the next couple of years, but doubtful about anything larger. At least not in the near future. Look how long NOLA and Galveston waited for upgrades to larger ships. Mobile is the new kid right now and can't expect the newest and biggest at this point. Notice I never said never. :D :D :D

Actually rich, I would bet on a ship from another line coming to Mobile before I would look for a second or even a larger ship from Carnival in Mobile. That would benefit Mobile more than another or larger ship from Carnival.

Makes sense, Freedom to San Juan...Destiny to Galveston..Elation to Mobile..Holiday to Gulfport(I did that for Cotton) :p

Or Freedom to Pt Canaveral... Glory to San Juan.... Destiny to Galveston... Elation to Mobile..Holiday to Gulfport

As long as Galveston gets a bigger ship, with balconies, I'll be happy.:D

Galveston and Mobile aren't even comparable. Galveston has 6 ships homeported there in the winter season. The Texas / Southwest market is NOT a small market.

Either Miami or San Juan. Sorry, but I don't see them placing their newest ship in a small market port like Mobile or Galveston. They will put their biggest and newest in one of the biggest draw ports.

I think that Carnival will probably do a series of "Touring Ports" (NYC, Balto, JAX, MIA) before they settle onto a home port... Miami.

For the past few years, Carnival has been talking with Progress Energy (formerly Carolina Power & Light); the state of NC; the city of Wilmington and the NC State Port Authority about bringing a Fantasy class ship to Wilmington for a partial season 'Home Port' (similar to Charleston, but for more than a few weeks of sailing dates.) There are two things stopping Carnival from at least calling on Wilmington, NC: power lines from a nuke power plant across the Cape Fear river (yes, the same name as the movies) are too low for a Fantasy class. Second, the port at Wilmington is a true cargo port, complete with the tall container ship cranes. There are not port facilities for passnegers and the ships would be to big to pull up alongside Water St in downtown Wilmington (if you watched "Dawson's Creek" or you watch "One Tree Hill" on the WB, you have seen Wilmington. In "One Tree Hill" you can regularly see the downtown riverfont.) Of course, lack of facilities has never stopped any of the cruise lines before! There is a smaller line that calls on Wilmington a few times a year, and the ship actually moors on the waterfront downtown.

Suppossedly, Carnival, et all have been talking about who should pay for raising the power lines. Of course, Carnival doesn't want to pay a thing, and Carnival wants the state to put in facilities at the cargo port. Will have to wait and see...

I don't read Sound Off. Quit along time ago because most are too negative and moronic to waste my time. I do stand by my sentiments about Freedom in Mobile though. Not being negative, just realistic. I could see a Fantasy class in Mobile in the next couple of years, but doubtful about anything larger. At least not in the near future. Look how long NOLA and Galveston waited for upgrades to larger ships. Mobile is the new kid right now and can't expect the newest and biggest at this point. Notice I never said never. :D :D :D

I think that you are 100% correct about a Freedom type ship sailing out of Mobile and you may be right about a Fantasy class ship for Mobile. We actually sailed on the Fantasy and had a great time.

Actually rich, I would bet on a ship from another line coming to Mobile before I would look for a second or even a larger ship from Carnival in Mobile. That would benefit Mobile more than another or larger ship from Carnival.

I also agree that Mobile would probably be better off with another cruise line putting a ship here. I vote for HAL but if it happened it would more than likely be RCL or NCL.

Another vote for San Juan.

Adventure of the Seas is owning that market, and is quite frankly superior to the Destiny. Destiny wasn't in great shape, even 3 years ago when we sailed on her for the 2nd time! Destiny turns 10 next year, as hard as that is to believe.

Carnival moving a brand new ship to San Juan would be welcomed by me... otherwise we'd sail the Adventure.

Makes sense to move new build to San Juan to compete with RCCL, Destiny could then go to Yards in Mobile and then stay there to replace the Holiday which is overdue to retire. Mobile could draw a very nice passenger base, even without adequate Airport Facilities. :cool:

I think that Carnival did so well with the Liberty and its Mediterranean cruise, I think they should try other parts of Europe. Either the Northern Europe or maybe the Greek Isles. I have the Liberty booked and I would definitely book either of those next.

Lori

• 2 weeks later...
I think that Carnival did so well with the Liberty and its Mediterranean cruise, I think they should try other parts of Europe. Either the Northern Europe or maybe the Greek Isles. I have the Liberty booked and I would definitely book either of those next.

Lori

That works for me, but not sure Carnival is ready to make that big of a committment in Europe. I think the should just send Liberty back in 2007 and do the Greek Isles.

Archived