Hello all, first post here..

mapleleafvoyage

Hello everyone!

My hubby and I booked our first ever cruise yesterday.

And we are excited to be planning our newest adventure.

We are going on the Explorer of the Sea -Dec.12/2013 for 10 nights to the Caribbean. The stops are in San Juan, Netherlands,St.Thomas,Labadee.

Would love to have all the tips and any of must do's for this cruise, from others who have visited these recently.

We are not a couple to go to an island and sit and bake for a week. That just isn't appealing to us. We are intrigued by a cruise, and are jumping right in.

So... nice to meet you all... off to read the tons of information here.... I am so glad I have all the time on my side to get everything in place...Looking forward to hear from anyone

Let the tips begin :)))))

Hello everyone!

We are going on the Explorer of the Sea -Dec.12/2013 for 10 nights to the Caribbean. The stops are in San Juan, Netherlands,St.Thomas,Labadee.

Would love to have all the tips and any of must do's for this cruise, from others who have visited these recently.

We are not a couple to go to an island and sit and bake for a week. That just isn't appealing to us. We are intrigued by a cruise, and are jumping right in.

So... nice to meet you all... off to read the tons of information here.... I am so glad I have all the time on my side to get everything in place...Looking forward to hear from anyone

The Netherlands? In the Eastern Caribbean? I've heard of companies being relocated, but an entire country?:eek: I'll bet you meant "Nassau". Anyhow, welcome to Cruise Critic. Hope you have a great cruise!

If you're looking for information on the ports and what to do there, check out the Ports of Call boards for each port. TONS of information there. As far as tips about other subjects, just keep reading! You will probably find everything you need to know (and lots more) on these boards. :) And welcome to the cruise addiction! lol:D

The Netherlands? In the Eastern Caribbean? I've heard of companies being relocated, but an entire country?:eek: I'll bet you meant "Nassau". Anyhow, welcome to Cruise Critic. Hope you have a great cruise!

Maybe they got tired of being next to the North Atlantic and wanted to be located someplace more tropical. Can't blame them there. :D

Hello everyone!

We are going on the Explorer of the Sea -Dec.12/2013 for 10 nights

You picked a great ship, and 10 days is fantastic.

Been on EOS twice and both times were fantastic cruises.

Hello everyone!

You'll have a great time!

Hello everyone!

Awesome cruise on a beautiful ship. San Juan is our favourite spot to fly a kite (seriously).. We have been cruising for about 15 years now and whenever we are in San Juan we walk up to Fort El Morro and fly a kite. Most of the time we bring a kite (Walmart $2.) from home with TONS of string. The fort has water on three sides and virtually no power lines -- fabulous and fun.

St. Thomas -- we go to Emerald Beach - love spot for swimming and beaching it. If you go to St. Maarten's - horse-riding is a fun and different thing to do. Labadee is just great -- lots to do and easy to do it all.

I am sure you will have an active Roll Call going since it is a 10 night cruise.

Warning: Cruising is highly addictive. :D

Archived