Sightseeing intiniary Miami to Fort Laurdedale

kato92

We are disembaking on Feb. 17th and renting a car. Our flight out of FLL is not until 8PM. Does anyone have a good itiniary for sightseeing in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Figure we have about 9 hours to look around. South Beach is definitaly on the list.

Directions would be helpful too.

Thanks

Drive over to Fort Lauderdale Beach. There's plenty of restaurants in that area along with things to see. Park in a lot along A1A and walk over to Las Olas Blvd. There are numerous places to have a great, relaxing lunch. Then walk along the beach and maybe get your feet wet. Stop in Lulu's Bait Shack for a cold beer and the like. It's a great place for people watching.

We did this in November 2012.

Disembarked the Epic at about 9am,

Got a taxi and went to Budget on 2nd Street (make sure you pre-book a car, as they did not have any extras) about $12 taxi fare.

Drove to South Beach...Parked, and walked for a couple of hours.

Went to Hollywood Beach

Parked and walked for a couple of hours.

Drove to Fort Lauderdale airport.

Only problem is after leaving Hollywood Beach, we could not find a restaurant to eat lunch in. Next time I would have something mapped out before hand, as we did not have a GPS with us, or internet access.

We did not encounter any toll roads.

Karen

We did this in November 2012.

Disembarked the Epic at about 9am,

Got a taxi and went to Budget on 2nd Street (make sure you pre-book a car, as they did not have any extras) about $12 taxi fare.

Drove to South Beach...Parked, and walked for a couple of hours.

Went to Hollywood Beach

Parked and walked for a couple of hours.

Drove to Fort Lauderdale airport.

Only problem is after leaving Hollywood Beach, we could not find a restaurant to eat lunch in. Next time I would have something mapped out before hand, as we did not have a GPS with us, or internet access.

We did not encounter any toll roads.

Karen

Karen, I love your idea above renting a car. My husband and I will be on the Epic in April and have a 3:30 pm flight from FLL. What time was your flight out of FLL? Were you able to drop off your rental car at FLL and have plenty of time to make your flight?

Archived