Expense Account

My husband and I want our sons to be on our expense account, but wondered if there was a way for them to purchase anything on the boat if they choose to pay for something on their own?

If you allow your sons charging privileges on their sea passes and it is connected to your credit card, they can charge what they want. You can check your account on your stateroom TV each day to make sure they aren't spending more than they are allowed. That is what we did with our son when he was younger, we set the rules up front and if he chose to spend more, he had to pay us back. He always spent less.:D

We will probably just have them pay us back if they go over the allotted amount. Thank you for your replies!

We always bought our son a soda card so he didn't have to charge drinks. We allowed him to buy a virgin frozen drink a day or a trip to ben and jerry's for ice cream. If he was going to buy souveneirs, he would tell us beforehand. The arcade is where they can get themselves in trouble if they are into the games. I am not sure how old your kids are but if they are into arcade games, you really want to set the rules up front. My son was never a big arcade fan so that was never an issue, he prefers basketball and foosball.

You know your kids, if they are usually good with money, then you shouldn't have issues. Is they burn through it, you might want to set up a cash account so they can't just charge crazy.:)

Also if they are young you can have a limit put on their sea pass card. My DH did that for our DD's he put a limit on the cards per day( set it up with front desk) if they wanted/needed more they had to ask and he would decide. They only asked one day all the rest they stayed with in their limit. They were 13 & 18 at the time.

Yeah - my kids are 19 and 24. The arcade isn't my concern. :eek:

Yup, arcade not the issue at all.;) Mine is 22 now and he is responsible for his own charges. We will buy him some drinks and his excursions if he is with us but other than that, I make him pay.:)

Edit to add: Correct, you 19 yr old will not be allowed to buy alcohol on the ship.

Archived