Wonderful Copenhagen

My solution to the hotel question post-cruise is to stay at the Hilton Airport hotel. We are using the ship's transfer to the airport, drop off our bags, and then use public transport either into the city center or out to Helsinor (sp?) We are then at the airport for an early morning flight the next day.

Edited by Alaskanb

Thanks Danish Viking for the information. We are on the Azamara Quest. It comes in July 2nd at 9 am for an overnight and we disembark on the 3rd. I didn't see it on your list.

Sorry i mixed up June and July :o

Your ship is at the freeport terminal.

You can take the bus 26 from outside the terminal both days.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002620000&stop_gid=9025200000006591

My solution to the hotel question post-cruise is to stay at the Hilton Airport hotel. We are using the ship's transfer to the airport, drop off our bags, and then use public transport either into the city center or out to Helsinor (sp?) We are then at the airport for an early morning flight the next day.

You can take the train directly from the airport to Helsingør.

Will be arriving in Copenhagen May 12 at the Freeport. Have purchased e-voucher for the HOHO bus. On their brochure it says for Freeport cruise terminal use stop 21. But I don't see a 21 stop on their line. miss print? Which stop is closes to take to the Best Western Mercur?

Danish Viking,

Thank you taking your time to answer numerous questions about Copenhagen.

My question is a little different.

we are B2B cruises on Vision of the Seas departing from Copenhagen. We will fly in to Copenhagen early on June 6 at 9am and depart on June 8 for the Arctic Circle cruise at 4pm. We will have basically two whole days in Copenhagen pre-cruise. However the overnight flight and fatigue may factor in this discussion. We are staying at the Hotel Bethel. We dont mind walking some but not long distances.

We normally like to take the ho ho tour via bus to get a feel for the city wherever we go. Then go back to the spots we like best. The reviews on the Stromma ho ho boat and bus are not that favorable.

My question is this, what itinerary would you propose for those two days in Copenhagen?

We will also return to Copenhagen after the Norway cruise on June 19 and depart that same day. Can you advise a place where we can wash our clothes from the first cruise and prepare for the second cruise to The Baltics?

Thank you in advance.

Cruise Senior a/k/a GT

Danish Viking,

we are B2B cruises on Vision of the Seas departing from Copenhagen. We will fly in to Copenhagen early on June 6 at 9am and depart on June 8 for the Arctic Circle cruise at 4pm. We will have basically two whole days in Copenhagen pre-cruise. However the overnight flight and fatigue may factor in this discussion. We are staying at the Hotel Bethel. We dont mind walking some but not long distances.

We normally like to take the ho ho tour via bus to get a feel for the city wherever we go. Then go back to the spots we like best. The reviews on the Stromma ho ho boat and bus are not that favorable.

My question is this, what itinerary would you propose for those two days in Copenhagen?

We will also return to Copenhagen after the Norway cruise on June 19 and depart that same day. Can you advise a place where we can wash our clothes from the first cruise and prepare for the second cruise to The Baltics?

Thank you in advance.

Cruise Senior a/k/a GT

The castle combo tour on Stromma´s website looks wonderful but can be done cheaper with train and busses

I would help you with that if you want to.

The laundries closest to the pier

Quick Vask

Løgstørgade 9

2100 København Ø

Danmark

+45 3526 5225

Møntvaskeriet

Nordre Frihavnsgade 71

2100 København Ø

Danmark

+45 3542 3190

Møntvask

Livjægergade 28

2100 København Ø

Danmark

Edited by Danish viking

Danish Viking,

Thank you in advance.

Cruise Senior a/k/a GT

Did u know they run a laundry special for about $ 25 a bag on most of the ship. I am sure it's a lot cheaper and more convenient then DIY in CPH. They also have laundry rooms on most of the ships and costs $ .50 per wash just bring your own detergent.

Tony

Edited by cruise_alot123

Danish Viking,

Thank you in advance.

Cruise Senior a/k/a GT

Carnival is the only line we have sailed that has self-serve laundry rooms and I am not sure they still exist because I haven't sailed with them in years. I know that the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships that we have been on do not have them and haven't seen anthing to show that the NCL ship we are sailing on has them. I agree about the laundry special being a good deal. You could also ask your room steward if there is a way to get your laundry washed with a special price on that last day. They might be able to help you.

We are also staying at Hotel Bethel before and after our cruise that leaves on May 7.

Edited by Mysticks1

Carnival is the only line we have sailed that has self-serve laundry rooms and I am not sure they still exist because I haven't sailed with them in years. I know that the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships that we have been on do not have them and haven't seen anthing to show that the NCL ship we are sailing on has them. I agree about the laundry special being a good deal. You could also ask your room steward if there is a way to get your laundry washed with a special price on that last day. They might be able to help you.

We are also staying at Hotel Bethel before and after our cruise that leaves on May 7.

We are also staying at the Hotel Bethel pre-cruise for our next month's sailing on the Emeral Princess and this ship has self serve laundry. I'll just make my wife do the laundry while I'll hang around at the pool. Lol...

BTW, nothing wrong with recycle and just put a jacket on top and nobody's going to notice. Lol...

Edited by cruise_alot123

We are also staying at the Hotel Bethel pre-cruise for our next month's sailing on the Emeral Princess and this ship has self serve laundry. I'll just make my wife do the laundry while I'll hang around at the pool. Lol...

BTW, nothing wrong with recycle and just put a jacket on top and nobody's going to notice. Lol...

I'm planning on wearing things more than once (underwear excluded) on this cruise. Early May in the Baltics I'm not expecting to get sweaty. Bringing detergent to hand wash if necessary.

Danish Viking,

We are on Vision doing B2b2B. While in port between cruises on August 17 we are looking at doing this 4 hr tour. The meeting point for the tour is at Torvehallerne, in front of hall 2. From the ship what is the best way to find this location? I tried looking at maps on the internet but they are all too small for me to read.

Thanks for your help

I am sure your wife would be as happy with that plan as I would be.;) Just don't forget your deodorant, if you have a balcony you could air them out a little then put them back on. Underwear can be turned inside out for at least 2 wears. :p I am looking forward to our stay at Hotel Bethel. It is still getting wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor.

Edited by Mysticks1

I am sure your wife would be as happy with that plan as I would be.;) Just don't forget your deodorant, if you have a balcony you could air them out a little then put them back on. Underwear can be turned inside out for at least 2 wears. :p I am looking forward to our stay at Hotel Bethel. It is still getting wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor.

LOL...One thing I don't recycle is underwear. However, I do put them in the sink and soap them with super hot water and hang dry overnight. We had the sunset balcony in our last year's med cruise and it was prefect for drying gym wears etc...

Looking forward to the canal tour and you can take the metro (M2 line) from CPH to the Hotel Bethel in 10 minutes. You do have to walk 5 to 10 minutes after you exit the metro and here are the metro stops.

To: Kongens Nytorv

http://intl.m.dk/#!/

Edited by cruise_alot123

I have obtained my Copenhagen cards through the mail.

The first use will be on the bus. Do I write the date and time on the cards or will the bus driver do that? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have obtained my Copenhagen cards through the mail.

The first use will be on the bus. Do I write the date and time on the cards or will the bus driver do that? Any advice would be appreciated.

I was going to ask the same question.

According to the guide book "The date is supplied by the point of sale or at the first attraction you visit." In our case we will either be using it first on the train or metro. So, does this mean we write it on ourselves. Seems clear looking at the example how to write the date. For us it's easy 05 05 13 (month in the middle). It shows the starting time as the first full hour. So if we want to get on the train at 1:15 do we put 13? What if it's 1:45, still 13? And this would give us until 1:00 the last day?

I haven't even noticed that, I thought that only Empress will dock in Malmö.

I have to check up on this but if they use the same pier as Empress you are in walking distance to Malmö Central (station)

From Malmö C there are train to Copenhagen every 20th minute and in the rush hour (Monday to Friday) every 10th minute.

The trip to København H (central station) takes around 30 minutes.