Wonderful Copenhagen

Very funny, Danish Viking! My favorite are the ones in reference to the hot dogs! Looking forward to trying one when I visit! :)

Dolfans from Miami

What's in a Danish hotdog that makes it special? Apart from eating it in your wonderful country. Where do you recommend to buy on?

Just a short follow up, Carnival Legend will be docked at the Langelinie pier so you just take bus 26 from the Indiakaj bus stop at the bottom of the pier.

When you take the bus back to the pier the destination should read Søndre Frihavn.

The busses for Færgehavn Nord and UNICEF will not stop at Indiakaj.

Danish Viking,

Thank you for this information! Question....based on the above information and looking at the Bus 26 timetable, it appears a bus 26 destined for Sondre Frihavn (to Indiakaj) comes every 20 minutes at a bus 26 bus stop. Am I reading that right?

Thanks!

Melissa

Edited by JeffandMelissa

The one at Nyhavn seems to be very good and the organic one at Rundetårn is my favourite.

I don't know what it is that makes it so special, but order it with everything (med det hele) because then it tastes better.

The organic one sounds good to me! Thanks --

Danish Viking,

Thank you for this information! Question....based on the above information and looking at the Bus 26 timetable, it appears a bus 26 destined for Sondre Frihavn (to Indiakaj) comes every 20 minutes at a bus 26 bus stop. Am I reading that right?

Thanks!

Melissa

I am a little confused on the route from Rosenborg Castle back to Indiakaj bus stop. When I put in the route into the Rejseplanen for departures at 14:30, it tells me 2 very similar routes on bus 26 but one runs every 10 minutes and the other every 24 minutes. I am a bit confused??? Our ship departs at 16:00 so would like to get back to the ship by 15:00 so I am trying to figure out what time to catch the 26 back to Langelinie. Below are the 2 routes being displayed:

Choice 1

1. Get on at Oster Volgade (departures in this direction every 10 min.)

2. Take bus 26 towards Unicef Faergehavn Nord

3. Get off at Sondre Frihavn

4. Walk approx 4 min to Indiakaj

Choice 2

1. Get on at Oster Volgade (departures in this direction every 24 min.)

2. Take bus 26 towards Indiakaj

3. Arrive at Indiakaj

Dolfans from Miami

@ Dolfan

That is because the bus stop at Søndre Frihavn is in walking distance of Langelinie and the Indiakaj bus stop.

The bus continues to UNICEF Færgehavn Nord as is also says and the other line you have to use goes to Indiakaj.

Each line goes every 20th minute so you would just have to hit the correct one.

But as noted if you get in the wrong bus 26 (unless its Ålholm Plads in the opposite direction) you just get off at Søndre Frihavn (first stop after Østerport Station, Sløjfen) and walk from there, its only 5 minutes more.

I can't post a map from my mobile but if you look up the map on google maps then the different bus stops are showing so try to search for Søndre Frihavn or Indiakaj and you will find it.

Danish Viking,

Thanks!

Melissa

That is correct but I have made a small mistake, its only in the weekend that the destination is Søndre Frihavn.

On a regular weekday (Monday to Friday) the end of the line is indeed Indiakaj.

In the weekends late evenings and public holidays it will go to Indiakaj (and stop there) and continuing back to Søndre Frihavn.

Søndre Frihavn is then on a regular weekday served by the UNICEF, Færgehavn Nord bus.

But this one is not running in the weekend so that is the reason why the Indiakaj line is continuing to Søndre Frihavn in the weekends and evenings.

Edited by Danish viking

@ Dolfan

That is because the bus stop at Søndre Frihavn is in walking distance of Langelinie and the Indiakaj bus stop.

The bus continues to UNICEF Færgehavn Nord as is also says and the other line you have to use goes to Indiakaj.

Each line goes every 20th minute so you would just have to hit the correct one.

But as noted if you get in the wrong bus 26 (unless its Ålholm Plads in the opposite direction) you just get off at Søndre Frihavn (first stop after Østerport Station, Sløjfen) and walk from there, its only 5 minutes more.

I can't post a map from my mobile but if you look up the map on google maps then the different bus stops are showing so try to search for Søndre Frihavn or Indiakaj and you will find it.

Thank you so much for your prompt response, and explanation, Danish Viking! One last thing...the 26 route marked UNICEF Færgehavn Nord shows that it runs every 10 minutes...is this correct? The route marked Indiakaj shows every 24 minutes...is this correct as well?

Dolfans from Miami

That is correct but I have made a small mistake, its only in the weekend that the destination is Søndre Frihavn.

On a regular weekday (Monday to Friday) the end of the line is indeed Indiakaj.

In the weekends late evenings and public holidays it will go to Indiakaj (and stop there) and continuing back to Søndre Frihavn.

Søndre Frihavn is then on a regular weekday served by the UNICEF, Færgehavn Nord bus.

But this one is not running in the weekend so that is the reason why the Indiakaj line is continuing to Søndre Frihavn in the weekends and evenings.

Thank you for the clarification! As we will be in Copenhagen on a Wednesday, I'll look for a Bus 26 with a Indiakaj destination. Good to know though that if on the incorrect Bus 26, I can always get off at Sondre Frihavn.

I very much appreciate your help, Danish Viking! As noted in a previous post, I don't want to end up in Sweden a day before the cruise ship does! LOL! :D

Have a great day!

Melissa

Thank you so much for your prompt response, and explanation, Danish Viking! One last thing...the 26 route marked UNICEF Færgehavn Nord shows that it runs every 10 minutes...is this correct? The route marked Indiakaj shows every 24 minutes...is this correct as well?

Dolfans from Miami

Rejseplanen just calculate an aprox interval so that is probably the reason why the intervals are so odd.

According to the bus schedule it goes every 10th minute from Ålholm Plads towards UNICEF, Færgehavn Nord or Indiakaj.

So after Østerport Station it splits up and then its one every 20th minute to Indiakaj and one every 20th minute to UNICEF, Færgehavn Nord.

Danish Viking, just found this thread and excited that you are helping. Haven't had time to read entire thread so please excuse me if these questions have already been answered. We will be cruise ship passengers on the NCL Star. We will spend the day between cruises 05/19/2014 then again at the end of the Baltic cruise on 05/28/2014. I don't know where Norwegian Cruises dock.

Will it be possible to find a half day tour on the 19th that will pick up/return us to the pier?

Is it possible to find a short tour on the 28th that will pick us (and our luggage) at the pier, take the tour, then deliver us to the airport?

I haven't booked air yet so could try to arrange time on the 28th to work with the tour time or even spend the night in Copenhagen before flying out the next day.

thanks in advance for any help, Lou

Danish Viking, just found this thread and excited that you are helping. Haven't had time to read entire thread so please excuse me if these questions have already been answered. We will be cruise ship passengers on the NCL Star. We will spend the day between cruises 05/19/2014 then again at the end of the Baltic cruise on 05/28/2014. I don't know where Norwegian Cruises dock.

Will it be possible to find a half day tour on the 19th that will pick up/return us to the pier?

Is it possible to find a short tour on the 28th that will pick us (and our luggage) at the pier, take the tour, then deliver us to the airport?

I haven't booked air yet so could try to arrange time on the 28th to work with the tour time or even spend the night in Copenhagen before flying out the next day.

thanks in advance for any help, Lou

Most flights coming to the States from Denmark leave around 12/12:30 (at least this year that is) so I don't think a tour the day you disembark would work. We are spending the night and leaving the next day to head back over here.

blondie1981, thanks for the info but we are not returning to the US right away, plan to spend a week in the UK the take the QM2 back across.

ahh that should help you then! I'm sure the flight choices to the UK are much better than the states.

I am doing a 31 day B2B2B on Legend of the Seas in April/May 2014 that ends up in Copenhagen 3 times. Our ship does not have self service laundry so we will be looking for a place to do laundry near the cruise port when we complete the first 16 day transatlantic leg.

I understand that Legend will dock at Copenhagen Freeport

("Frihaven", Flexpladsen) Berth #245.

Does anyone know a self service laundry nearby including address/directions?

Thanks, Bill

I think that you will find one at the nearby Strandboulevarden.

I can look it up when I get home from work in 12-13 hours :eek:

I don't know if krak.dk has an English option but in the search option "virksomheder" I think its called you can type in møntvaskeri and the area code should be 2100 København ø (Copenhagen east) .

The Laundromat Café on Aarhusgade 38 or Møntvaskeriet on Nordre Frihavnsgade 71.

Both in 2100 København Ø.

Both are located close to Nordhavn station and the before mentioned Strandboulevarden.

But double check because I just looked it up on my phone so I could have typed the wrong address but I think I got the correct one :D

Rejseplanen just calculate an aprox interval so that is probably the reason why the intervals are so odd.

According to the bus schedule it goes every 10th minute from Ålholm Plads towards UNICEF, Færgehavn Nord or Indiakaj.

So after Østerport Station it splits up and then its one every 20th minute to Indiakaj and one every 20th minute to UNICEF, Færgehavn Nord.

Thanks Danish Viking for all your help. We will arrive in Copenhagen on May 30 and are very excited to be spending 2 days before the cruise exploring. We plan to use a Copenhagen card for transportation and are wondering if you can tell us which route and stop to use to see the Little Mermaid, Torvehallerne market, and Sandcastle Festival. We will be staying at the Tivoli Hotel and conference centre which is on route 11 but where would we transfer to get to these sites and in which order should we do them? The other sites I think we can walk to from the core using a street map.

Another question - We are hoping to meet up with friends who will arrive the next day and are staying at the Grand. Any suggestions where to go for an inexpensive meal before heading to Tivoli Gardens for the evening or should we eat there?

Many thanks for you patience in answering all our questions and sharing your abundant knowledge of Copenhagen.

Can hardly wait!

The Laundromat Café on Aarhusgade 38 or Møntvaskeriet on Nordre Frihavnsgade 71.

Both in 2100 København Ø.

Both are located close to Nordhavn station and the before mentioned Strandboulevarden.

But double check because I just looked it up on my phone so I could have typed the wrong address but I think I got the correct one :D

Thanks so much for the information. While double checking I stumbled across the following link which also appears to have a number of laundromat locations.

Bill

Looking at cruise that ends in Copenhagen. Only one accessible cabin left, so don't have a lot of time to do initial research before booking. Manual wheelchair and person can transfer to car. Is Copenhagen wheelchair friendly.?

I would say so but there is a lot of cobblestones just so you know.