Wonderful Copenhagen

Info please on the 24 hour transit card, not Copenhagen card. Price as we have the 72 hour card for return after cruise, but figure our 1 day pre cruise we will all be pretty slow & it will be a Sun. we will just tour around and use the card to also get us to the port Mon. morning. Would we go from the Crown plaza on train or metro to Freeport pier?:confused:

I

You can use both but it will be better to take the Øresund train from Ørestad station towards Nivå or Helsingør.

Get off at Østerport station station and take bus 26 towards Færgehavn Nord (or UNICEF).

This bus goes every 20th minute and the train every 10th minute.

The Bus stop at Stubbeløbsgade is located closest to the main entrance.

If you take the metro just take the very same bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv instead.

Also from Ørestad station you can take the Metro, it runs in a 3 to 6 minute interval e dry day.

I

You can use both but it will be better to take the Øresund train from Ørestad station towards Nivå or Helsingør.

Get off at Østerport station station and take bus 26 towards Færgehavn Nord (or UNICEF).

This bus goes every 20th minute and the train every 10th minute.

The Bus stop at Stubbeløbsgade is located closest to the main entrance.

If you take the metro just take the very same bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv instead.

Also from Ørestad station you can take the Metro, it runs in a 3 to 6 minute interval e dry day.

Thank you,

what about the 24 hour transit pass?

I've been using Google Maps on my phone for walking and public transit directions around Copenhagen and it's worked perfectly. It will pick up your current location and provide buses, trains and walking directions to wherever you want to go.

We are here for the best part of a day and seen somewhere there are cycles for free at the port, does anyone have any further details or experiences of these please, ie do you literally just go and get one , ride it and return it then get back on ship or is there more to it?

Many thanks

Thanks so much for the information. While double checking I stumbled across the following link which also appears to have a number of laundromat locations.

Bill

You're going to get sick of us - we'll be looking for the closest Laundromat too. We've used the coupons for free bags of wash and fold ship laundry, but it's definitely hit and miss as to whether things come back looking clean.

You're going to get sick of us - we'll be looking for the closest Laundromat too. We've used the coupons for free bags of wash and fold ship laundry, but it's definitely hit and miss as to whether things come back looking clean.

Let's collaborate to pick the best laundromat and figure out how to get there. We did this on our Navigator TA in April and another couple joined us to figure it out together. Copenhapen is probably more difficult than Italy though for those of us who have never been there.

Thanks, Bill

I've been using Google Maps on my phone for walking and public transit directions around Copenhagen and it's worked perfectly. It will pick up your current location and provide buses, trains and walking directions to wherever you want to go.

What kind of phone do you have and what provider? I am getting a new phone this month and would like to be able to do that on our cruise in 2 weeks.

Hi Danish viking,

A quick question, can you buy the 2 zone klippedort card of 150DKK from Nordhavn metro station by using a chip/pin mastercard from the machine? We want to travel from Nordhavn to the Central station and retun from Norreport st. back to Nordhavn on our day of between 2 cruises and there are 4 of us.

Thanks.

I'm returning from London (Green Day concert) tomorrow so I will be replying later tomorrow.

But one quickie, the Klippekort is not sold anymore so now its single tickets or 24 and 72 hour tickets or the Rejsekort (equivalent to Londons Oyster card).

I'm back again (and will try to avoid to use Easyjet again) I can now tell that its the first of July and not first of June that they stop to sell the Klippekort.

I have never done so munch walking in my life as in London so maybe I will first reply tomorrow because I'm to tired :D.

Any idea on how much a taxi would cost from Kongens Nytorv to Parken Stadium? We are attending the concert on Thursday night and our hotel is near to Kongens Nytorv.

200 DKK is a good guess.

But bus 15 and one of the A busses (the one towards Hellerup or sometimes Charlottenlund Fort) runs all day and night between Kongens Nytorv and Parken (at Trianglen).

That one costs 24 DKK.

My cruise ship is berthing at c190. ids there a map where I can see exactly where that is ?

Also bizarrely I have a friend on another ship on the same day at berth C245 - - is it close by?

On google maps you can search on Langeliniekaj for pier 190 and Sundkaj for 245.