Wonderful Copenhagen

3 questions.

First, where can I find a map that lists the quay numbers. I've search the CMP site and can not seem to find a map of the Freeport Terminal with the quay numbers listed.

Second, what would be the approximate taxi cost from the Marriott to the Quay C245 at Freeport.

Third, can the taxis take a non-chip CC (Swipe and Sign) or is only Chip & Pin?

TIA

Right here. You need to put in the date and it shows the Emeral Princess.

http://www.cmport.com/en/ships-in-port/calls

Edited by cruise_alot123

We are staying at the hotel Bethel which is only a few blocks from the Strand according to the Hotel Strand map here

http://www.copenhagenstrand.com/the-hotel/location/

If you zoom out the map you will see the metro stop Kongens Nytorv on the upper left and the hotel Bethel on the upper right and that's where we staying from the May 23rd cruise on the Emeral Princess.

Take the metro from the airport "Norreport" to "Kongens Nytorv" and walk about 8 to 10 minutes to your hotel.

Nørreport is another station.

The airport station is called Københavns Lufthavn, Kastrup and the Metro station is simply called Lufthavnen.

I just purchased the Copenhagen card and need a bit of help. We will take the train from the airport to the Central Station, our hotel is The Square. I believe I read we look for track 2 at the station, is that correct.

I also need help figuring how to get from our hotel to the Freeport pier, can we get there by bus or train with our luggage?

You need to take the train from platform 2, but the platforms are clearly marked with destinations.

From the central station there is a very short walk to The Square.

To the pier you simply just take S-trains towards Farum, Holte, Hillerød and klampenborg from either the central station (track 9-10) or from Vesterport that are located closer to the hotel but are not served by the airport train.

As you have seen in my other posts you can walk from Nordhavn Station to the freeport terminal in 10 minutes time.

Hi Danish Viking,

We are staying at the Copenhagen Strand. What would be your recommendations on how to get from the airport to The Strand?

And recommendations for traveling from the Hotel to port? We are going on the Holland Eurodam on May 31st. We are also traveling with our 1 year old (I'm not sure how taxi's work regarding a carseat for the baby).

Thank you!

A Taxi is always a possibility and i think they are required to have a baby seat installed or else you can specify it when you order the taxi.

If you however take the metro from the airport to the hotel (please note that the previous post about Nørreport is invalid) you can walk from Kongens Nytorv metro station in no time.

Just don´t take the regular train but the metro from the airport. (different platforms)

Walking tour from Kongens Nytorv to the hotel.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Kongens+Nytorv+st+(Metro),+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Copenhagen+Strand,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&geocode=FdGYUQMdDAnAACnfKm6VF1NSRjHDY3soZvWnZw%3BFeeQUQMdShzAACFRBLwK52RFlSmvNdipPVNSRjFRBLwK52RFlQ&oq=copenhagen+stra&t=h&dirflg=w&doflg=ptk&mra=ls&z=17

Its a regular weekday so you can take bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv directly to the freeport terminal (get off at Stubbeløbsgade).

Just use the bus that goes to Færgehavn Nord or UNICEF.

3 questions.

First, where can I find a map that lists the quay numbers. I've search the CMP site and can not seem to find a map of the Freeport Terminal with the quay numbers listed.

Second, what would be the approximate taxi cost from the Marriott to the Quay C245 at Freeport.

TIA

The taxi price is around 150-200 DKK

Chip should not be a problem and i think that some Swipe & Sign cards are accepted but it depends on the brand.

Hi Danish Viking,

We are arriving at quay 245 at 8am and I would expect to be off the ship by 9am on Saturday June 25. We have an international flight at 4:30pm. I was thinking of taking a taxi to the airport to drop off our luggage and check-in for the flight and then take the train to central station to do some sightseeing and catch a train back to the airport by 3pm.

Would this be possible?

Would it be better to hire a taxi at the pier and have them give us a city drive around tour before heading to the airport?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

All the Best!!

A taxi for a half day of sightseeing will be mindblowingly expensive.

The train option sounds like a great idea.

The airport is only 12-14 minutes away from the central station.

You could start at the central station, walk along Strøget until you reach Kongens Nytorv.

Along or very close to Strøget you will find the national museum (free entrance) Christiansborg (parliament building) and The Round Tower.

If there is time left you can take a canal tour that starts at Nyhavn next to Kongens Nytorv.

From Kongens Nytorv you can take metro line M2 back to the airport (direction Lufthavnen)

3 questions.

TIA

245 is Sundkaj. See here: http://www.cmport.com/business/cruise-ships-44/docking-info

I found that earlier. It does not show the Quay #. I want to know exactly which location the Eurodam will be docked at on July 20. Several years ago I found a map which had the quay # listed too. But can not find it anymore.

Also there is nothing on that maps that say Sundkaj, at least that I can read in either map or satellite view. I've tried with and without labels, but still can not figure out which of the 4 locations is #245.

TIA

The taxi price is around 150-200 DKK

Chip should not be a problem and i think that some Swipe & Sign cards are accepted but it depends on the brand.

Being US based I have no Chip and Pin Cards. How can I know if a Swipe and Sign will be accepted? I'm not worried about Transaction Fees as I have several cards which don't charge fees for foreign currency transactions.

Since you know quay 245 is Sundkaj , just enter "Sundkaj Copenhagen" in the google search engine and the map where it is at will pop up.

Try this: http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&q=sundkaj+copenhagen&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x465252ea685da589:0x9f8b7304da5762a0,Sundkaj,+2100+K%C3%B8benhavn,+Denmark&gl=us&sa=X&ei=IRCLUbmqFrCH0QGp5oHgDQ&ved=0CC8Q8gEwAA

Edited by SoBaycruiser

Being US based I have no Chip and Pin Cards. How can I know if a Swipe and Sign will be accepted? I'm not worried about Transaction Fees as I have several cards which don't charge fees for foreign currency transactions.

Try to ask on this link

http://www.taxa.dk/En/HowToPay.aspx

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Kontakt

http://amagerobrotaxi.dk/page151.html (contact Kundeservice)

Edited by Danish viking

We have a chip and pin Globe Trek Visa card through Andrews Federal Credit Union. The application is on-line. https://www.andrewsfcu.org/credit_cards_and_loans/credit_cards/globetrek_rewards.html

Thanks a bunch. I did not realize that was a street name. I thought it was something else, as I search everything but a map site trying to determine which quay this was.

Today I came across a box from my parents- left over change from their travels in the 1970s and 80s. The envelope for Denmark had two 1 Krone coins and then a bunch of Ore in the following denominations 1, 10 and 25. My understanding is that these have been de-monetized. So does that mean they are useless, even to exchange at a bank for something larger? I realize it's hardly worth it, but curious whether I should even bother to keep them.

I just wanted to say I purchased my Copenhagen card a little over a week ago and it was waiting in my mailbox for me yesterday! Just 100 days more to go. :)

Who did you get yours through? I've not seen a mail option on the sites I've been looking at. Its all pay, voucher and pickup.

Cheers,

You have to collect between 400 and 1000 coins in the 1, 2, 5 and 10 øre coins before they will be accepted.

Thanks... I think I'll save them as collectors items for my grandchild...along with all the other European currencies that no longer exist. :-)

Who did you get yours through? I've not seen a mail option on the sites I've been looking at. Its all pay, voucher and pickup.

Cheers,

We got our cards from http://www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0&currency=eur and had them mailed to our home...which is a bit pricey ...additional 8 euro.. But worth it to us not to have to hassle with it. Be sure to use a credit card that doesn't charge an intl exchange fee because the charge is indeed in euros.

I just wanted to say I purchased my Copenhagen card a little over a week ago and it was waiting in my mailbox for me yesterday! Just 100 days more to go. :)

Just to let you know, in my case it took 4 weeks for my Copenhagen card to arrive. I was getting anxious because I read how other people received theirs quickly. I don't know if it's because I'm from Canada but just a note of caution to order your card in advance just in case.