Behind The Fun - Breeze? Would love some info!

jacksmom09

Just wondering best way to book and if my DS (16) would like or be bored?:confused: Or if Dh and I should do alone??:o Would love to hear some reviews!

We did it on the Dream - a couple of years ago. Fantastic and interesting tour that I'm sure DS would enjoy. It is truly amazing to see how things like the kitchen and laundry work!

Last I heard it could only be booked once on board - because they limit the number that can participate - so you will want to go the the excursions desk as soon as you arrive! ;) :D

We did it on the Dream - a couple of years ago. Fantastic and interesting tour that I'm sure DS would enjoy. It is truly amazing to see how things like the kitchen and laundry work!

Last I heard it could only be booked once on board - because they limit the number that can participate - so you will want to go the the excursions desk as soon as you arrive! ;) :D

Thanks for the quick info! Just wondering if it is available for several days or just one?? And are they sea days?

Thanks for the quick info! Just wondering if it is available for several days or just one?? And are they sea days?

It was a Sea Day - there were two groups (12 each I think) that were permitted to do it on our cruise. I think the other group was another Sea Day - but I could be wrong.

It included a picture of us (me and DH) with the Captain - and a couple of the whole tour group in 2 other locations - the bridge and the bow. It also included a backpack, lanyard and probably some other stuff I have forgotten.

I assume it's still similar - even on the Breeze.

It is my understanding that the "Behind The Fun" tour is offered once during any cruise and it is on the last sea day. Expect to allow 3-4 hours with lots of climbing up and down stairs/steps.

Just wondering best way to book and if my DS (16) would like or be bored?:confused: Or if Dh and I should do alone??:o Would love to hear some reviews!

Has your son been on a cruise before? My teenage daughter loves cruises. If he isn't too shy, he can find friends to hang out with in the teen program, Club O2.

We did Behind the Fun on Breeze in December and had a great time. You get to see a lot of the crew areas and inner workings of the ship.

I have done it before on Liberty and that one was much better. The Breeze captain seemed bothered by having to deal with us and rushed the pictures and got us out of there quickly. On Liberty, the captain was very personable and talked to us a lot more and answered questions.

If you're a cruising enthusiast, it's definitely worth the $95. Do it. You'll enjoy the tour.

I recommend this tour also; I've done it twice.

It was a Sea Day - there were two groups (12 each I think) that were permitted to do it on our cruise. I think the other group was another Sea Day - but I could be wrong.

It included a picture of us (me and DH) with the Captain - and a couple of the whole tour group in 2 other locations - the bridge and the bow. It also included a backpack, lanyard and probably some other stuff I have forgotten.

I assume it's still similar - even on the Breeze.

Yep, that sounds just like our tour on Liberty, which was the 'more expensive' version of the tour. (Smaller ships or shorter itineraries get a less expensive tour with fewer sights.)

We did Behind the Fun on Breeze in December and had a great time. You get to see a lot of the crew areas and inner workings of the ship.

I have done it before on Liberty and that one was much better. The Breeze captain seemed bothered by having to deal with us and rushed the pictures and got us out of there quickly. On Liberty, the captain was very personable and talked to us a lot more and answered questions.

If you're a cruising enthusiast, it's definitely worth the $95. Do it. You'll enjoy the tour.

Exactly what you said, I'm saying!! We did the Behind the Fun tour on the Breeze TA back in January, was definitely a good time, but we felt sort of rushed throughout the whole tour, and yea, el capitano did seem non-plused to have us come through his domain on the bridge, but man, that bridge view alone is almost worth the price of the tour. I also think our "tour guide" was new at doing the tour, she seemed a bit disorganized. But I'd still recommend doing this tour. On the TA, they did the Behind the Fun about 6-8 times since there were so many sea days. Another person traveling with us did the tour on another day and time, and her experience seemed a little better organized and did not sound rushed. But again...do it....it's worth at least seeing those "behind the scenes" areas of the ship.

Oh, almost forgot, we also did this tour on the Liberty and felt it was a better experience. The captain was more engaging and tolerant to our being up on the bridge..he did answer a bunch of questions....though I was tad concerned when we first were let onto the bridge and the first thing the captain started talking about were "lesser known" details about the Titanic!!!

We did this tour in April on the Fascination! It was so much fun and we

learned alot of what goes on behind the scenes. We

loved the Bridge. The Captain was so nice and took

time to talk with us and answer questions. He showed

us how the radar works and all that good stuff. I loved

the Kitchen. The head Chef was amazing and the goodies

they sent to us after were so good! I would do it again

on this upcoming cruise.

On our tour, we booked it as soon as we got on board. It

sold out fast. They did 2 tours (groups of 16). Both tours

went the same day, just split some time between us and

it was also a sea day.

• 4 weeks later...

We are doing a B2B on Liberty and Breeze and want to do the behind the fun tour. I was thinking it would be better on the Breeze since it was a newer ship. Why did you find the tour better on the Liberty than on the Breeze. Was it just the captain or was there other things. Thanks

Archived