Thanks, Mr. Barbados!

babylene

We spent 1 1/2 days in Barbados in Feb. Day 1, we shared a van with 2 other couples. First we went to Welchman's Gully. He let us off,and we walked to the other end where he picked us up. A park attendant accompanied us and explained each and every plant.It was shady and cool and a pleasure! Next we drove to the Flower Forest. Here again we walked for about 20 minutes. It was very enjoyable. We then drove to Bathseba....gorgeous! and finally we ended up at the church on the hill...fabulous view (Sorry I can't remember the name of the church). All this took 4 or 5 hours. We returned to the ship for lunch and then we were too tired to go to a beach!!!! Our friends were very impressed with "my" tour...and really it is thanks too you. I asked you so many questions, so many times and appreciate all of your patient help!

(It's really me, barbados, but cannot log-on with that username on this computer)

Hi again, Babylene!

So glad to hear that you had a good time on the island!

It’s sometimes difficult for me to recommend certain places as what I enjoy, others may not. But it sounds like you enjoyed all the spots and I’m so glad that you went to the east coast. Difficult to describe the beauty there, yes? One almost has to experience it firsthand to be able to appreciate it and recommend it to others.

Oh, yes, the church that you went to was St. John’s Parish Church. It overlooks Congor Bay and is my hands-down favorite.

Thanks again for taking the time to let me know all went fine. I hope you get another chance to visit the island and check out those great beaches! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Mr. Barbados,
I will be in Barbados on Christmas Day....will there be anything to do and will any of the shops be open?
If there are tours available, which one would you recommend...we are myself, my daughter and my Mom who uses a wheelchair for getting around when it requires any knid of distance or a lot of standing.
Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
Lorna

So nice to meet you, Lorna!

Well, Barbados on Christmas day is like Christmas day in North America in 1965.

Not much open.

I’ve only seen two Christmas’ there in 13 years as we go the first week of January and return in April.

This is what I’d do……

#1…I’d hire a taxi for the day, or half of the day. He knows what’s open and what isn’t. Please go see the East Coast, you will all love it.

#2….I’d take a ships’ tour. They’ll probably take you to the beaches that are “open” anyway, but they may offer more.

The few shops that are open will probably be owned by folks without family, so a taxi driver will know who’s there, and who isn’t, as he’s probably unattached, too.

Be assured that there will be many taxis available at the terminal. Not to worry.

The taxi for the day would probably be the best bet with your mom being semi-mobile. He’ll help and know just where to go.

I‘m sorry more things won’t be open, but perhaps you’ll see enough to make you want to return for a longer stay.

My best wishes for a wonderful day on the island. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-------------------------
[B]Barbados, one happy island, mon[/B] [img]http://home.internetcds.com/~barbados/flag.JPG[/img]

Thank you for the information.
I also have a co-worker who has a friend that lives in Barbados, so I plan on picking her brain too.
And yes I'm just going to have to plan a return trip that isn't a holiday period to see evrything and anything I miss this time.
Luckily for me I guess is that Mom loves to just look at great scenery so just a drive around looking at beutiful plants and old buildings is just what she likes.
Again.............Thanks!

Archived