2 Adults/2 Minors-But 2 different reservation #'s for Adults and Kids

kwkm

Hello,

I am sorry if this is a repeat question, as I have not been able to get clarity or find the answer on CC site.:rolleyes:

We booked a reservation while onboard our last cruise to sail on Oasis in November of this year . (We booked with the onboard agent). I did one balcony room for me and my husband, and one inside room across from us for our boys (ages 15 and 12 by then). We , adults, have one reservation number, and the boys have a separate reservation number.

I am wondering if this is okay? Called RCCL and different agents said we must put one adult in each room, and two other agents, said it is no problem, and reservations can stay the same. I will eventually need access to their rooms, onboard accounts, etc.

I am confused, and wonder if someone has good information about this. Any feedback would be helpful.:)

Thanks.

If rooms are connecting or across the hall - they can have their own room. That is what my TA told me. We booked the room just one door forward from "across the hall" so we have my husband in one, and me in the other. I hope they don't care that we don't plan to sleep that way!

Hello,

I am sorry if this is a repeat question, as I have not been able to get clarity or find the answer on CC site.:rolleyes:

We booked a reservation while onboard our last cruise to sail on Oasis in November of this year . (We booked with the onboard agent). I did one balcony room for me and my husband, and one inside room across from us for our boys (ages 15 and 12 by then). We , adults, have one reservation number, and the boys have a separate reservation number.

I am wondering if this is okay? Called RCCL and different agents said we must put one adult in each room, and two other agents, said it is no problem, and reservations can stay the same. I will eventually need access to their rooms, onboard accounts, etc.

I am confused, and wonder if someone has good information about this. Any feedback would be helpful.:)

Thanks.

Seems fine to me. Each stateroom is supposed to have it's own reservation number. Royal allows underage guests to be booked either adjacent to their parents, or right across the hall. Regarding access to their rooms, once you are on board, go to Guest Services and ask for an extra key for the other room.

EDIT: I'd also double check that the two reservations are linked for dining.

I did this on the EN last summer for my niece's graduation.

Myself and BFF were in a Jr. Suite my daughter (16) and niece (17) were in an inside across the hall. The room must be either adjacent or directly across the hall.

When you check in on-line you enter some basic information for the minors (name and passport?? - this is a little fuzzy) and then claim their reservation through yours. They will be on your seapass paperwork and onboard account .

Extra keys are made at guest relations once you board. I had a key to their room and they had one to ours (so they could check in at night; kept a water bottle cool in the JS fridge; etc).

Archived