Sheraton, Nassau - Great Time!

OSUKNIGHT

Took my family of 4 (2 kids 10 and 13) to the Sheraton Hotel in Nassau January 19th. Arrived on Carnival Imagination for the overnight port of call. We left the port area and walked toward and past Senor Frog's to the main street. We waited for Jitney #10 in front of the McDonalds. There's a bus bench there. Paid $1.25 each for a ten minute ride to the Sheraton. Tip - Tell the driver where you are headed so he knows where to stop. We were dropped off in front of the hotel and walked across the street. Tip - Drivers in Nassau will stop for you to cross the street if you are at a marked crosswalk.

Entered the hotel and went to the front desk. I asked for a day pass and also how much a room for the day would cost. The room cost was $99 so we opted for the room so we can use the facilities in the room and shower before we headed back to the ship. Day pass would have been $90. The room was located on the ground floor with a slider out to the pool area.

The grounds were well maintained and there was no sign of construction as was mentioned in previous threads. The main pool is heated and the pools with the waterfalls are not. Bar staff was very good but be prepared to pay resort prices. $7 for beer and mixed drinks such as margarita. I didn't mind, it was worth it. Beach area is wonderful with plenty of chairs and a few umbrellas with no extra charge.

They had music playing and later a steel drum player entertained us. We stayed there for about 6 hours. Kids played on the trampoline, foosball and table tennis also available. We had lunch which was also good. Overall a very clean resort with good atmosphere and wonderful view of the ocean.

We left the resort and caught the jitney outside with no wait. Back in town we did some shopping before heading back to the ship.

I would recommend the Sheraton if you have a full day at port.

Thanks for the review! If you get the day room, do you actually check in and check out? If so, are you able to charge food and drinks to your room until you head out?

And how was the food and what were the prices?

Did you venture off the the Wyndham next door at all?

Merci!

Thanks for the review! If you get the day room, do you actually check in and check out? If so, are you able to charge food and drinks to your room until you head out?

And how was the food and what were the prices?

Did you venture off the the Wyndham next door at all?

Merci!

We checked in as if you were staying at the hotel. All charges were then added to your room number. Checked out at the end of the day and received copy of the charges.

Food was good. We had wings and a club wrap. Prices are $11 to $15 or higher on the menu. Beer $7 local $7.50 Import. Margarita $10.

We went to the Wyndham to check it out. Pool was very cold. The building actually blocked most of the sun because of the low angle in January. I am sure later months in the year would be fine. Sheraton seemed nicer and well kept.

Thanks for the info! I actually booked a room for the "night" at this hotel before seeing your review. Knowing they have day passes, I may switch to them. There will be 3 adults and a teen.

For us the room and the day pass were the same cost. If you go other times of the year the room may be higher. You'll have to see when you get there what works out better.

Glad you posted the info, thanks. One question, I read that this is a "private beach" for Sheraton so did that mean you didn't have people soliciting you to buy things, braid your hair, give you a massage, etc? We really want to avoid that.

You do have people selling things, but they are controlled by the hotel. Not overly pushy. Typical sellers of beach clothing, hair braids, cigars. Didn't feel bothered by them at all.

We stayed at the Wyndham next door, but the two hotels act as one. You can charge food and drinks from either to your room. I think we would stay at the Sheraton next time. The pool at the Wyndham has a neat slide, if it is open.

The beach is nice but not a long expanse of sand. My wife and I decided to walk down the beach, and it turned out to be a pretty short walk.

FYI, the Sheaton just recently added a nice webcam of the pool and beach area. If you have not been, check it out.

I understand the future plan is to rebuild this area to better compete with Atlantis.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived