Time taken to disembark Voyager at Tauranga??

Tender ride is 15 minutes. Very short pier. Tour parking just off the pier. So, 30 min would be the minimum time to allow.

The are cafes also just off the pier, in view of tour parking, so you have a comfortable place to wait ( bring NZ dollars with you). Coffee, $5.

Ablolutly loved NZ, expensive, though.

George

Tender ride is 15 minutes. Very short pier. Tour parking just off the pier. So, 30 min would be the minimum time to allow.

The are cafes also just off the pier, in view of tour parking, so you have a comfortable place to wait ( bring NZ dollars with you). Coffee, $5.

Ablolutly loved NZ, expensive, though.

George

Kia ora,

As Kiwi_Cruiser says Tauranga is not a tender port. It may be Bay of Islands you are referring to. What sort of coffee did you have to pay NZ$5 for?

Aquarians

I was on the Sun Princess 2 weeks ago to Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington and Dunedin, all these ports only had one gangway and it seemed more to do with the ports than the ship as the ports only had one access point available and one quarantine officer and dog on duty.

Absolutely loved NZ, expensive, though.

George

:eek: Unfortunately, this message applies to Akaroa, not Tauranga.

I was on the Sun Princess 2 weeks ago to Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington and Dunedin, all these ports only had one gangway and it seemed more to do with the ports than the ship as the ports only had one access point available and one quarantine officer and dog on duty.

Kia ora,

Glad to hear from BobsCClogin that port referred to was Akaroa, not Tauranga. GHDPeter, the port for cruise ships at Tauranga has two access points, as we learnt to our cost when waiting for a passenger at one exit while he was waiting at another. The ship needs to keep track of who is going on and off so I think you will also find that as it is they who determine if there is more than one exit point off the ship.

Aquarians

Hi

I was on Voyager last week and we stopped at Tauranga. I had a private tour booked for 8.30am. Got off the ship at 8.20am with no queues at all.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

It's because Voyager carries 30%+ more passengers than the other ships & this seems to cause delays disembarking at some ports from threads I recall reading in the past.

So if there is only 1 exit from the ship & the ship has tours arranged, the tour passengers can often get priority to disembark so the tour operators can keep to schedule.

This can in effect mean non ship's tour passengers could be delayed, & Tauranga being a popular port for the Rotourua tours therefore could mean longer delays in getting off, even if you line up super early.

I'm just trying to get a feel for if this could be the case & to tell our private tour operator a realistic time to expect us to disembark.:)

You're over-thinking this! Just arrange a pick-up for 45 minutes after the ship docks. Your tour operator will wait for you if you are delayed slightly.

We were on Voyager end of November,

Tauranga was an easy fast disembarkation.

The only thing that ruined several of the disembarkations was the continual premature queueing of people before they were supposed to that blocked up the stairwells and access for some to their Cabins.

Again and again people were told to wait for the Ship to be cleared by Customs but refused to take notice.

It is a sad and annoying the way some people behave.

Must agree with Mikey....we were on VOS 8thNov12...the only port we had 'lines' was Duneden because we had a private tour booked, we went down early, then waited 30mins. On the dock for everyone else to get to the bus.

All other ports we waited for the PA announcement, then watched and waited till the stream of passengers slowed....then just walked off the ship, no later than 30mins after the announcement. Pretty simple really.

Enjoy your trip, wash hands often, don't touch chairs or handrails and wash hands often! You'll have a great trip!!

Archived