Dive in movies

che5904

On the Dream, it depended on the movie/football game. It was very loud and the popcorn machine wasn't big enough to make popcorn for everybody. There was always a line for the popcorn.

Get there early to get a seat because even though the roll down the umbrellas, they don't remove them from the deck and it blocks the screen from some angles.

It's usually not busy at all...plenty of seats to be found. We just got off the Glory on the 13th and watched the big screen for a few playoff football games and for a movie with the kids. As someone else posted earlier the popcorn maker is very small. In fact, one of the bartenders was joking and saying what he wished for Christmas was a bigger popcorn maker...lol! As far as the blankets, you have to sign them out with your S&S card at the towel hut down by the pool on the lido. I really liked that, as it did get very chilly and breezy out there a few times.

Last cruise we were on, we were watching "50 First Dates" at the dive in. A little over half way through it started over. from. the. beginning. We had to see the whole first half again. Then they cut it off when it was time for the second movie and we never got to see the ending. So flipping annoying. They never even said "oh sorry folks." Now I am hesitant to bother trying to see any on my next cruise.

where do you find the sch and times for the movies? I was on the Valor in Oct and don't remember reading anything about what movies/times they would be on. I will be on the Victory in March and the Conquest in Nov so thinking it might be fun to catch a movie :D

Last cruise we were on, we were watching "50 First Dates" at the dive in. A little over half way through it started over. from. the. beginning. We had to see the whole first half again. Then they cut it off when it was time for the second movie and we never got to see the ending. So flipping annoying. They never even said "oh sorry folks." Now I am hesitant to bother trying to see any on my next cruise.

Aww that must have been disappointing.

We saw "The Polar Express" on Splendor in December. There were very few people watching it and we had no problems with finding a seat. We enjoyed the popcorn and were able to get something to drink since the screen is on the Lido deck,

Since a previous poster talked about a problem with the movie, the Lido deck music was playing for the first 20 minutes of the movie. No one there seemed to know how to turn it off and we had to wait until a DJ came up to turn off the music.

We saw "The Polar Express" on Splendor in December. There were very few people watching it and we had no problems with finding a seat. We enjoyed the popcorn and were able to get something to drink since the screen is on the Lido deck,

Since a previous poster talked about a problem with the movie, the Lido deck music was playing for the first 20 minutes of the movie. No one there seemed to know how to turn it off and we had to wait until a DJ came up to turn off the music.

Oh goodness. Oh well, I'm probably not into the movies as much as just the experience.

• 8 months later...

Hey, first cruise coming up in November. I go to the movies a lot, but specifically want to avoid any movies being shown on the ship. Are they very current movies? Meaning, if I don't go to the theaters for the month leading up to the cruise I'll be fine? Is there a way to find out ahead of time what's playing on my Carnival Splendor Cruise?

Hey, first cruise coming up in November. I go to the movies a lot, but specifically want to avoid any movies being shown on the ship. Are they very current movies? Meaning, if I don't go to the theaters for the month leading up to the cruise I'll be fine? Is there a way to find out ahead of time what's playing on my Carnival Splendor Cruise?

There won't be any current movies onboard. Movies will be at least a year old, and some are a lot older. Top Gun was shown on my cruise last August.

Archived