This One's For The Ladies

suntan

HOW MANY PAIRS OF SHOES DO YOU PACK?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. HOW MANY PAIRS OF SHOES DO YOU PACK?

• 1 to 2
    • 3 to 5
    • 6 to 10
    • More

This is the one area that I am never successful in cutting back! I try so hard to travel light :rolleyes: , but the shoes seem to make their way into the case all by themselves! Then, if we arrive a day or two early at our port, there always seems to be a little "addition" to pack!:D

I used to pack several more pair of shoes, but now I stick to the basics. Walking shoes, comfortable sandals, flip flops for the pool area, 2 pair for the evening (both black) one dressy, one a little more casual. So, that makes 5 and that is plenty for me. I found that I never really wore all the shoes I packed and I would stick with the most comfortable ones instead. The cute ones that only went with one outfit would always stay in the back of the closet, never worn.

We love to walk and vacation finds us on our feet more than a normal day. If I wear shoes that are not comfortable to walk and stand in, I'm done for the day by the time we get back onto the ship from port. No way am I able to wear the heels and have a great evening if my feet hurt.

I am so bad in this area! And I do wear them all! I'd say I probably average one pair per cruise day, so the longer the cruise, the more shoes!

I like to break out from the standard black for formalwear, so right there is a pair to match my gown for each formal night. I also bring walking shoes for the daily walk on the promenade deck, but I don't like them as a fashion statement, so as soon as I'm done with my walk, back in the closet they go and I'm changing into something more suitable for the outfit I'm wearing.

One cruise, we had a single suitcase just for shoes! My DH went nuts! So now I just pack them carefully with my clothes so he won't realize how many I'm bringing.

Shoes are defintely a weakness of mine. I try to pack shoes that will go with more than one outfit, but when it comes to formal nights, sometimes it's just not possible. On longer cruises, with 4 formal nights......well.

As far as casual shoes, I have several pairs that I wear depending on what I am wearing. I always have more than one option with me. I cannot wear sneakers, so that is not an option for me.

I also have some severe foot problems. Five reconstructive surgeries, it's a long story. Anyway, there are the shoes I can actually wear and really be comfortable. Then there are the shoes that I can wear for a short time and be comfortable. Then there is always the pair that I ususally take that are just pure fantasy. I really adore them, I can sit down in them, I can't even stand for a second. (My husband offers to push me in the wheel chair if I really want to wear them).

Well, that's my story.

Linda

I have to divide them up into all our luggage to stay under the weight limit. I am trying to cut down on the next cruise though. It is hard to do when I have different colors, heigths etc. for different clothes. I think our first cruise I took 12 pairs.

Let's see....

I have the black strappy heels for formal (needed a higher heel - so dress won't drag on the floor!)

1 - black strappy smaller heel - just cuz they're cute...casual dinners

1 navy strappy - smart casual

1 black sandal

1 white sandal

1 tan sandal

1 pool flip-flop

1 walking shoe

and there are 3 more I'm contemplating!:eek:

I voted 6-10, but I'm closer to 10 for sure. I love having a choice of shoes. Thankfully DH only brings 3 pair (and wears sneakers on) so that leaves room in his suitcase for my shoes, too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who packs a lot of shoes for her cruise. I usually pack:

1 pair of black strappy 4" high heels for formal night

1 pair of tan/white strappy mules (most comfortable shoes I own)

1 pair of white "deck" shoes

1 pair of flip flops for the pool area

1 pair of water shoes for water shore excursions

1 pair of running shoes (which I wear to and from the airport because they weigh so much)

1 pair of white sandals

1 pair of white mules.

I tried to cut this down on my cruise this past February but was not successful. I'm thankful that Princess has laundry facilities on board so I can pack the suitcase with less clothes and more shoes!!

flip-flops should not count. they are so small and light and come in so many colors now?!

I can now tell DH that I am not the only one that loves shoes and has a lot of them.

My weakness is flip-flops too...I have them in every color to match my outfits! :D

I think the real poll question should be...

Out of all the shoes you take, how many pairs do you not wear on your trip?

Sure, I take 6-8 pairs (not counting flip-flops) but I usually end up wearing a total of 4 pairs.

I'm with Julie. I carefully choose all of my shoes, and end up wearing the same ones with everything. I'm getting better--used to bring about 15 pairs for a 7 day cruise. Now I'm around 7 or 8. Still, I wear same two pairs all week.

Shoes are my weakness, I love them! Just yesterday I came home with 2 more pairs of flip flops, I couldn't resist. I voted 6-10 but I know it's closer to 10. I will buy a pair of shoes even if I don't have anything to wear it with just because I think their cute or sexy, my downfall is strappy heels.

Shoes Love em!!!:)

Currently, I'm thinking about 8 pairs but 4 pairs are flip-flops. My rule was 2 pairs of flip flops equal one pair of shoes, but I may have to change that... It really depends on what formal I decide to bring.

Archived