Is Concierge Class worth it on S-class ship?

slp123

Given that a Veranda and Concierge Stateroom are identical in size and layout on S-class ships, is the additional fare charged for a Concierge cabin worth it?

Before you answer, assume that the two cabins that I am being offered are almost identical in location, halfway between the two sets of elevator banks, with the C2 Concierge cabin on deck 10 and the 1B Veranda on deck 9.

So the question is are the additional amenities/services worth the extra cost for the cabin. For me the extra cost would be about $275 for a 7 day cruise. On the one hand that is not a lot of money unless the "extra's" are of little value. For me, please assume the following have no value:

• The upgraded toiletries; I always bring my own preferred brands
  • Extra hair dryer; I don't even use the one provided
  • All dining room arrangements and specialty reservations have already been completed and I got all my first choices
  • Shore excursions are all arranged
  • I don't drink blanc du blanc wine--it give me a headache
  • I pack my own satin robe; I find ship provided robes too warm in the tropics
  • Express Luggage delivery and priority disembarkation have no value as I carry my own luggage on and I use early self disembarkation
  • I will embark around 2pm so there will be no wait and I will not use a special port lounge for concierge class passengers

So beyond what I won't need or use, is the "Personalized Concierge service", some fruit and canape in the room, more breakfast choices on sea days when I order room service, a free shoe shine, a massaging showerhead (don't all staterooms have handheld showerheads, perhaps sans massage?) 2 footstools on the veranda and perhaps services and amenities that I don't know about (and would love to hear about) really worth the extra cost of $40/day. BTW I am not mocking what is provided, I am just making clear what will be of little or no value for me.

Really interested to hear from Celebrity Cruise loyalists who have experienced both.

We like the extra points, priority boarding-typically better towels. Sometimes a better cabin location. If the price is about the same go for it. We also book aqua class if the price is the same as CC class, giving us another choice of dining venues.

I also do not care about the shoe shine, toiletries, extra hor dovers at night which we do not eat, flowers nor the bottle of bubbly something- My first choice is a Suite if we can swing it! The extra cabin space is the greatest perk!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Is this something that is still offered for CC on S class ships? Is there any charge to have breakfast setup on your balcony? Thanks!

They don't really 'set up' your breakfast like they would in a suite. They deliver a tray of food and if you like, you can eat it on the table on your balcony. I do not recall ever receiving a table cloth - not sure where that came from?? Also, there are no flowers specifically for the balcony table - you could bring the flowers (which are very small BTW) out to the table if you want to.

We thought about trying AQ on our upcoming cruise, but decided that since we mostly eat healthy in our normal lives we really didn't want to eat at a health food restaurant on the ship (need a vacation from that as well). We also like sitting at tables with other cruisers and it looked to us like the tables in Blu are mostly made for smaller groups. We know you can eat in the MDR if you are in AQ, but we don't really use the spa services so the extra cost for AQ doesn't seem worth it if you don't want to eat in Blu anyway. CC is the next best thing IMO.

Tom

Only sailed in Aqua once (about to do again in August) BLU is not healthy food,lol Not sure where one gets that impression...Only reason we sail Celebrity is for Aqua and for BLU...Was very good food/service..but not really healthy,lol