Documents to fill out

emsachs

H! We're going on our first HAL cruise on June 15. (Volendam)

Was just wondering what documents we should fill out before we arrive so that we can speed the boarding process?

Any other tips to get through this faster would be appreciated.

Also, we are staying at the Fairmont (Vancouver). Is it best to walk over to Canada Place? We booked through HAL and they supposedly take your luggage from the hotel to the ship. Do they also shuttle you to the ship as well? Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this?

Thanks

You should fill out you immigration form, shipboard account form, and any other forms such as shore excursions, gifts, etc. You should present them to the person at the boarding gate to avoid time in the boarding room.

HAL does transport you and your luggage from your hotel to the ship.

Happy Cruising

You can fill out the immigration forms on-line at HAL's website (you need your booking number to gain access) before you go and can then print them out (don't forget to sign them). You can also select and reserve any shore excursions on-line (same website) which means you don't have to stand in a sometimes long line at the Shore Excursion office once you get on board.

Sign your cruise contract in your Travel Document booklet and present that, along with your immigration forms, passports and credit card info form (for on-board charges) to the HAL check-in staff. They will give you your guest identification cards and you're off. Have a great time! :)

Take care and be safe

John

I think the OP may be too late to do the Immigration forms on-line as they are leaving on June 15th for the cruise.

I believe there is a cut-off date, but I'm not sure about this. I know you cannot book excursions 10 days before sailing on-line. I may be wrong here.

emsachs. If you do try to do the forms on-line, and it doesn't work, it will mean just that.

The Fairmont is located on Georgia Street and yes, you can walk down to the ship. It's a nice walk. HAL will transfer your luggage for you.

On our first Alaska cruise back in the 80's, HAL's package included hotel & bus transfer with a 2 hour tour of Vancouver. As we had been to Vancouver many times, we opted out of the tour, but put our luggage on the bus, had a nice lunch at the hotel and then walked down to the ship.

I don't know if they still do this and include the tour in the transfer, but if you've never been to Vancouver, do take advantage of it, as it's a beautiful city.

Happy Sailing.

emsach - I just realized that there are 2 Fairmont hotels in Vancouver. Fairmont Vancouver (Georgia St.) and Fairmont Waterfront (900 Canada Place Way) - across the street from Canada Place (Ship Terminal). Which one are you staying in?? The address will be on your docs. Better check it out.

If it's Waterfront, then that's a different matter. I don't think HAL will transfer your luggage as the hotel will do this. And there probably will be no bus tour.

We are staying at the Fairmont Waterfront on Canada Place Way.

I just checked our documents and yes, there is a bus tour of Vancouver included that goes to Chinatown, Gastown and Stanley Park.

Then they drop us (and our luggage) at the pier. Sounds like a nice deal.

As far as documents to fill out, I found our Immigration form and our credit card autrhorization form.

I did not find a "cruise contract" as someone mentioned in a previous post in this thread.

I found an excursion book but did not find a form to fill out to book excursions.

(Not a big deal as we already have excursion set up in every port except Ketchikan).

I did not find a "cruise contract" as someone mentioned in a previous post in this thread.

I found an excursion book but did not find a form to fill out to book excursions.

(Not a big deal as we already have excursion set up in every port except Ketchikan).

Unless they've changed and/or I'm mistaken (which is very possible;)), the cruise contract is inside your small "Travel Documents" booklet and is one the embarkation agent tears out of the booklet. There is usually a space for you to sign at the botom

The actual excursion order form you'll find in your cabin and/or at the shore excursion desk. You can order and pay for your excursions on-line but as Esme correctly pointed out, it might be too late do this at this time

Have a great cruise!

Take care and be safe

John

Take care and be safe

John

"I did not find a "cruise contract" as someone mentioned in a previous post in this thread."

The cruise contract is part of the Travel document booklet and there is nothing in there to sign..... no place for your signature - it's just there for you to read, if you care to do so. I don't think we've ever read all the small fine print in the booklet. :)

The only thing you sign are your Immigration and credit card authorization forms.

I think you will be very pleased with the Fairmont Waterside as it's a fairly new hotel, unliked the Fairmont Vancouver, which is very old, but has been refurbished. Hope you get a room with a view of the Bay.

Have a wonderful trip.

Copper - I was typing this as you posted. :D

I think you are mistaken about signing the contract. ;) Maybe a "senior" moment - I have them all the time. :)

Last Year someone on this board mentioned signing the contract so when our docs arrived I went through them with a fine tooth comb looking for a place to sign and there was nothing. I don't ever remember signing the contract portion - just the Immigration form and now the CC authorization form, which we used to have to do once on board the ship.

"

Copper - I was typing this as you posted. :D

I think you are mistaken about signing the contract. ;) Maybe a "senior" moment - I have them all the time. :)

Last Year someone on this board mentioned signing the contract so when our docs arrived I went through them with a fine tooth comb looking for a place to sign and there was nothing. I don't ever remember signing the contract portion - just the Immigration form and now the CC authorization form, which we used to have to do once on board the ship.

Esme, you could be a 100% right about "signing a contract". At one time, I remember having to put a signature somewhere in that booklet and that was then torn out by the agent. I have a memory like a sieve, though and can't even remember today if that was the case in February of this year. Maybe someone with more brain power than I possess, knows;)

Take care and be safe!

John

There's nothing to sign on the cruise contract. I picked mine up yesterday and have them in front of me now. There's two copies of the cruise contract---one to turn in and one for the passenger; the back of the passenger copy declares that it is a legally binding contract and asks that you read it. Following that is the several-page cruise contract.

Thanks one and all for your tips.

If I can, I will try to post from the ship.

Hopefully I will be too busy and having too much fun to do so.

I'll post my trip report when I return.

Thanks again.

There's nothing to sign on the cruise contract. I picked mine up yesterday and have them in front of me now. There's two copies of the cruise contract---one to turn in and one for the passenger; the back of the passenger copy declares that it is a legally binding contract and asks that you read it. Following that is the several-page cruise contract.

Thanks for clearing that one up, I warned everyone that I have a memory like a sieve and, no thanks, for calling in the lawyers;)

Take care and be safe

John

Archived