Carnival Glory- New England to Canada in July- Weather?

deeceedub

We are looking at booking cruise for July. We have only cruised out of Galveston since it's within driving range for us, but we thought we might try something different this year.

What's the weather like on the Boston/Portland/St. John/Halifax/Sydney cruise in mid-July? I despise hot weather, and it might be worth the cost of the airfare to get to Boston if it's cooler up that way.

If it's just as hot on the New England/Canada cruise as it would be on a Western Caribbean itinerary, we might as well save the cash.

Good heavens, no! I am from Halifax and it is definately not like the Carribean here in July. The weather is generally very pleasant (ie. shorts and -tshirts) though there are certainly some very hot days depending on the summer. You may need a sweater in the evening.

In July, it can be warm on land, and COLD at sea, and a bit foggy.

The later in the season the better, as the gulf stream controls the water.

But something strong coming through can push that all aside. We always pack for two seasons.

We went last July and we had pleasant weather in Saint John (sunny and around 78), but in Halifax it was rainy and very cool.

Nothing at all like the caribbean.

The whole atmosphere of the cruise was different, in my opinion. No Lido deck parties or late night buffets. There was a party one night in the disco but it did not last very long and it just wasnt as fun as a deck party!

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

78° would be heavenly. It will probably be 108° on the same day here at home. The possibility of needing a sweater in the evening sounds great.

And we've been in such a severe drought that we'd even enjoy the rainy days on vacation! :)

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

78° would be heavenly. It will probably be 108° on the same day here at home. The possibility of needing a sweater in the evening sounds great.

And we've been in such a severe drought that we'd even enjoy the rainy days on vacation! :)

You would probably really enjoy, then. ;)

We are looking at booking cruise for July. We have only cruised out of Galveston since it's within driving range for us, but we thought we might try something different this year.

What's the weather like on the Boston/Portland/St. John/Halifax/Sydney cruise in mid-July? I despise hot weather, and it might be worth the cost of the airfare to get to Boston if it's cooler up that way.

If it's just as hot on the New England/Canada cruise as it would be on a Western Caribbean itinerary, we might as well save the cash.

July in New England is LOVELY!!!! You could get hot weather but it is not a guarantee. It could be as low as mid 70's...or as high as mid 90's.

I live in Portland and it is beautiful in July. It is not Caribbean weather at all. You are on the ocean so it will be cool although some days we do get some hot weather but not like you would in the Caribbean. We would never vacation anywhere in the summer because like our license plates have on them this is VACATION land!

We did this cruise last July. It was warm (not hot) during the day and cool (not cold) in the evening. It was completely different than a caribbean cruise. We did have some rain for part of the morning in Halifax, but that was all for the entire trip. From what you've mentioned in your posts, I think the weather will be ideal for you.

Sue

Good heavens, no! I am from Halifax and it is definately not like the Carribean here in July. The weather is generally very pleasant (ie. shorts and -tshirts) though there are certainly some very hot days depending on the summer. You may need a sweater in the evening.

I LOVED Halifax when we did this itinerary years ago on the Triumph.

I was told it rains quite a bit on these cruises, but we had weather to die for!! 70 each day in port, it was wonderful!!

This has so far been my favorite cruise.

Could be hit or miss. We sailed on Triumph few years ago in the beginning of August. Evenings on the ship were foggy and chilly but sunny and warm during the day. We were lucky with beautifuly sunny and warm days in Halifax and St. John. However cruise right after ours was damp, cold and rainy all the way there , while in ports, and all the way back.

We would love an aft balcony but we will probably stick with the basic balcony.

Does anyone have a recommendation on which side to pick a cabin?

I was thinking we'd see more coastline and scenery from a port side, but that's just a guess.

We've only had a balcony once before- on Conquest for our last cruise- but we were one deck below the pool and all we heard all week long was lounge chairs being dragged around on deck. I'll be more careful when we book this time!

Archived