I was wondering how Platinuim , Diamond and Suite People feel when

CountryFox

People feel when the rest of us can buy the FTTF (faster to the fun) for $50.00 per cabin? Yet it takes many cruises to get that Platinnm/Diamond status !! Just curiouis! Please dont flame me :)

;)

Edited by CountryFox
verification

It doesn't matter to me but there are differences. I did FTTF this past October and loved it and then went on another cruise in Dec as a platinum. With FTTF you don't get to go to the VIP lounge before boarding which I thought was very nice. You also don't get free laundry or the chocolate strawberries delieved to you cabin or the gift. Loved FTTF but like being platinum even better......

Right now they limit how many people can get the ftf. As long as they keep it limited and allow diamond and platnium on first it wont matter. If they remove the limit and allow them to board first I can see many diamond and platinum guest complaining.

Doesn't bother me at all. When we went on the New Years cruise I saw no difference from before but as someone stated it is kept to a very small number and I still get to board first.

Lets face it we are getting on the ship and going to have fun so why sweat the small stuff

Right now they limit how many people can get the ftf. As long as they keep it limited and allow diamond and platnium on first it wont matter. If they remove the limit and allow them to board first I can see many diamond and platinum guest complaining.

Exactly what I was thinking. It doesn't bother me, as long as they limit it. I didn't even know that diamond & platinum got on before the FTTF people.

Im glad to see that it doesn't effect the general plat/gold club. As to $50.00 richer I hate to say this but by far I am richer only having to do

1 cruise and pay the money. :D

Yes, but you have missed out on all those other cruises and all that chocolate melting cake :)

Doesn't bother me at all. When we went on the New Years cruise I saw no difference from before but as someone stated it is kept to a very small number and I still get to board first.

Lets face it we are getting on the ship and going to have fun so why sweat the small stuff

Great additude!!:D

keep the limit of how many cabins can buy in and I could care less. The number of VIPs is different on every sailing, so you never know how many will be there. All I can say is last year in FLL we got to the port around 12:30 after spending some time at the beach in the morning. Our Plat VIP perk let us skip a line of over 1000 people...we didn't stop until we had to show our docs at the desk to get our keys, then straight on board. We were traveling with a 2 1/2 year old. That line would of wrecked the first day for sure.

If we'd of been slowed down by a couple additional cabins I wouldn't of cared...if it was 300 cabins I may question it.

Honestly if I could predict things, I would guess at some point there will be 3 lines. Diamond and Plat, Paid Express Service, and the regular line.

People feel when the rest of us can buy the FTTF (faster to the fun) for $50.00 per cabin? Yet it takes many cruises to get that Platinnm/Diamond status !! Just curiouis! Please dont flame me :)

;)

What's the difference between people paying for a suite and getting the same perks as someone who has cruised 10+ times?

Same thing...someone with money willing to spend a little more to buy the perks someone earned by cruising. just like some people made platinum by sailing 10 little cruises, and some by sailing 7+days cruises.

it shouldn't matter to anyone because they are not losing anything. vifp still boards before FTTF.

I see nothing wrong with it. Years ago we bought into the Carnival Vacation Club when it was available to be able to have VIP for embarkation due to my husbands mobility issues.

Of course the fee for that was much higher and my frustration was not with those that purchased the FTTF, but with Carnival because I had paid so much more for the same privilages prior to becoming platinum years ago.

I did contact Carnival and they did make some concessions and make it right so all is well.

And now, I get the benifit of going directly to my stateroom without paying for te privilage because of the FTTF program. No complaints here.