I was wondering how Platinuim , Diamond and Suite People feel when

CountryFox

Nice to read all the responses here.

First a few things I want to comment on.

I could care less if a person spends fifty dollars to board early.

Happy for them.

Most people are missing a valuable point in this thread.

The anger comes from Carnival dissing Platinum members , more or less Carnival showed us greed over value ,showing Platinum's how much our dedication and repeat business was appreciated , not :rolleyes: .

Now here is where the problem starts, in Port of Miami ,we now go to the port later than we use to after the initial rush boards. Why , the last few times we went early we had to stand as there were no seats available in the lounge.

We would rather wait and board an hour later just to avoid the cattle herding ,less stress . What use to be a privilege as a Platinum member has now become a problem. Is it the FTTF people that are at fault here, partially. As their are now hoards of Platinum members waiting to board as well.

As I have stated on this board in the past, Platinum's are a dime a dozen now and it shows.

And it gets worse ;):D

I don't really understand the portions of your post that I highlighted in red. You say you are happy that people can purchase FTTF but then say your boarding experience changing was partially THEIR fault. Those who are purchasing FTTF are not at fault. Carnival's management is the ones that decided to change the perks that you receive and to make the FTTF available for purchase.

The Platinum/Diamond's shouldn't have any animosity towards those who purchased FTTF. They have done nothing except purchase something offered to them. I have a problem with some of the people on here (not directed at you) that are directing their frustrations/anger at those who purchase the program rather than at the company itself. People are excited about being able to purchase this and then someone will come on here and blast them for it stating that FTTF is what diminished the loyalty perks.

We have always booked a suite and enjoyed the early boarding perk and have no issue with anyone whom get their perks by any means available.

After all, it's all about getting the best experience while cruising. :)

I don't really understand the portions of your post that I highlighted in red. You say you are happy that people can purchase FTTF but then say your boarding experience changing was partially THEIR fault. Those who are purchasing FTTF are not at fault. Carnival's management is the ones that decided to change the perks that you receive and to make the FTTF available for purchase.

The Platinum/Diamond's shouldn't have any animosity towards those who purchased FTTF. They have done nothing except purchase something offered to them. I have a problem with some of the people on here (not directed at you) that are directing their frustrations/anger at those who purchase the program rather than at the company itself. People are excited about being able to purchase this and then someone will come on here and blast them for it stating that FTTF is what diminished the loyalty perks.

The only fault being they add to the masses of Platinum's and Diamond's boarding, not because the bought FTTF. And your right Carnival's management is the problem in itself.

As a Diamond member I also couldn't care less that someone is willing to pay to be first to board after me. And in the 4 cruises I've been on since FTTF was offered I've enjoyed going to my cabin early LEGALLY, and I've never stood behind anyone at the Diamond counter at GS.

I also continue to enjoy all the other perks that my Diamond status affords me that still aren't included in FTTF.

People feel when the rest of us can buy the FTTF (faster to the fun) for $50.00 per cabin? Yet it takes many cruises to get that Platinnm/Diamond status !! Just curiouis! Please dont flame me :)

;)

Doesn't bother me at all. I'm on vacation to relax and have fun. You can't do that if you're worried about petty stuff like that.

As a Diamond Passenger, I couldn't care less. In fact, as a CCL Stockholder, I LOVE the fact that they're adding a few dollars to the bottom line. Keeps my dividend checks coming! :cool:

"SKY"

I'm with you:)

Edited by Rod in Az

As a Diamond Passenger, I couldn't care less. In fact, as a CCL Stockholder, I LOVE the fact that they're adding a few dollars to the bottom line. Keeps my dividend checks coming! :cool:

"SKY"

LOL, my feeling exactly! (except as Platinum, lol) Keep the dividends coming!

One ...I do suspect you are trying to flame. And I am Platinum and have moved on.

I have a cruise booked with Carnival for March. My daughter and her family are going with us, and I did not want to ruin their plans. It is her first cruise. She wants to see the Anton Ha ruins in Belize.....the city of Cozumel..( tour).....and snorkel in Honduras. We plan to stay on that cruise.

My next cruise after that, which I just booked, is on Princess. In November. And I look forward to it.

I had said that if you were not happy with the decision, go elsewhere. And I did. No more fussing from me.

I hope you have a great cruise. And one more cruise....the one in November and my DH and I will be whatever the Color is that you get priority boarding. And they don't sell it. It is for suite guests and loyalty.

My only objection..other than making a promise and not keeping it...after you have sailed 12 or so cruies.........and the large crowds that not embark and disbark on Carnival.

It was never a people issue. And the people who said that were silly and immature. One passenger is never better than another passenger.

So that is my honest answer.

AND. I have learned my lesson. No more mob scenes for me. I am old and frail, and the frenzy on the Breeze..the size of the crowds of FTTF. with .Plats,DiamondsSelf Assist mixed. And lots of pushing, then shoving, everyone trying to get down one elevator....No more.

We will get Port Canaveral about two. but the time we get to the Port. Get the luggage off. DH parks the car and rejoins us.............it will be past 2:30.

You walk on then.

Getting off.........our Daughter is in a Deluxe OV. We are in a Cove. We will meet wherever they get off.....and get off with them. I think it is ok to join a lower boarding number. I will ask.

Live and learn. I love the comment about the way Carnival is going,..soon the Regular Line will the Short Line!!

I still think it is a bad business move. Carnival is losing lots of cruisers like me...and that will show up on their bottom line. Maybe not now........but.......it will. It is bad business to insult your best customers. And I mean best in that they continually use your product. AND.......when I made VIP....My husband and I had sailed 10 cruises. All of them 7 days except for 4 that were 8 days. 3 to Panama on the Freedom and one to S.Caribbean on the Legend.

Edited by AmberTeka

Doesn't bother me at all. I'm on vacation to relax and have fun. You can't do that if you're worried about petty stuff like that.

I have been on 7 carnival cruises and because they changed the status from number of cruises to number of days sailed, I do not qualify for platinum status....which I think is not fair! I have a cruise booked for next year and paid for the fttf and feel I deserve the extra perks!

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

*I* wonder how many people who are high tier members now would have paid for this very same perk in the past if it were available and they were not high tier members.

Practically speaking anyone that buys FTTF is really helping to subsidize perks for high tier members.

Royal Caribbean should sell this perk also; they'd make a killing at it just like Carnival is.

People feel when the rest of us can buy the FTTF (faster to the fun) for $50.00 per cabin? Yet it takes many cruises to get that Platinnm/Diamond status !! Just ! Please don't flame me :)

;)

FTTF is limited, depending upon how many Diamonds and Platinums are booked and if it works right, I care very little. I do care some, because I spent thousands getting my Platinum status, but not enough to ruin my good time.

If it works right, FTTF gets on AFTER DIAMONDS AND PLATINUMS and that's okay by me.

FTTF don't get gifts, don't get free laundry or chocolate covered strawberries. Platinum card still means more at the Platinum/FTTF window at Guest Services (I get lots of favors when I ask). Tender ports aren't that numerous, but nice to have I guess. I get off the ship whenever I want, so no crimp in my style there.

Many times, before becoming Platinum, I arrived at port minutes after boarding started and still got on within minutes.

All in all, some people will have just wasted $50 for what they get. JMO

Edited by GlendaleCruiser

FTTF is limited, depending upon how many Diamonds and Platinums are booked and if it works right, I care very little. I do care some, because I spent thousands getting my Platinum status, but not enough to ruin my good time.

If it works right, FTTF gets on AFTER DIAMONDS AND PLATINUMS and that's okay by me.

FTTF don't get gifts, don't get free laundry or chocolate covered strawberries. Platinum card still means more at the Platinum/FTTF window at Guest Services (I get lots of favors when I ask). Tender ports aren't that numerous, but nice to have I guess. I get off the ship whenever I want, so no crimp in my style there.

Many times, before becoming Platinum, I arrived at port minutes after boarding started and still got on within minutes.

All in all, some people will have just wasted $50 for what they get. JMO

Did you really spend thousands getting platinum status ? Or did you spend thousands cruising, and the platinum is just an added bonus ? I didn't cruise to get platinum, I cruise because I like cruising.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

AND. I have learned my lesson. No more mob scenes for me. I am old and frail, and the frenzy on the Breeze..the size of the crowds of FTTF. with .Plats,DiamondsSelf Assist mixed. And lots of pushing, then shoving, everyone trying to get down one elevator....No more.

We will get Port Canaveral about two. but the time we get to the Port. Get the luggage off. DH parks the car and rejoins us.............it will be past 2:30.

You walk on then.

Getting off.........our Daughter is in a Deluxe OV. We are in a Cove. We will meet wherever they get off.....and get off with them. I think it is ok to join a lower boarding number. I will ask.

Live and learn. I love the comment about the way Carnival is going,..soon the Regular Line will the Short Line!!

I still think it is a bad business move. Carnival is losing lots of cruisers like me...and that will show up on their bottom line. Maybe not now........but.......it will. It is bad business to insult your best customers. And I mean best in that they continually use your product. AND.......when I made VIP....My husband and I had sailed 10 cruises. All of them 7 days except for 4 that were 8 days. 3 to Panama on the Freedom and one to S.Caribbean on the Legend.

I just got off The Breeze on November 17th and I did not experience any pushing or shoving when I was getting off the ship, sorry that this is what happened to you, and there were over 500 Platinum and Diamonds on my cruise, not sure how many FTTF there were.

There were so many of us platinum/diamond guests on our 15 day cruise that there was no FTTF sold. If there were it would not bother me. I cruise because I love cruising not for the perks I get. Yes I take them and are thankful for them (other than the ball cap, haha) but not what motivates me to book my cruise.

I guess what puzzled me the most about this subject is that Carnival said

"the reason they went to the new loyalty program is because the numbers were getting unmanageable. " That is the reason they gave for moving the Milestone folks back down to Platinum.

They claimed they could not sustain the number of projected VIPs.

So IF the numbers were getting unmanageable, how does selling more of them help?

I guess what puzzled me the most about this subject is that Carnival said

"the reason they went to the new loyalty program is because the numbers were getting unmanageable. " That is the reason they gave for moving the Milestone folks back down to Platinum.

They claimed they could not sustain the number of projected VIPs.

So IF the numbers were getting unmanageable, how does selling more of them help?

That's a very good point, greed is a very dangerous monster.

I think the falsity for Carnival is get the money now , worry about the casualties later .

I just got off The Breeze on November 17th and I did not experience any pushing or shoving when I was getting off the ship, sorry that this is what happened to you, and there were over 500 Platinum and Diamonds on my cruise, not sure how many FTTF there were.

I am glad you had a good cruise. it is a lovely ship with so much right about it. I am very glad..they seem to have a handle on getting people on and off.

I would bet my bottom dollar..they did not have 500 Platinum and Diamonds on that cruise. I would be they had hundreds of FTTF on there and did not want to admit it.

And again.....for me. It is Carnival. Not the FTTF People. Is was never about anyone being better or that silliness.

it is a bad business move. And now they are in a mess. If they go one way..the FTTF are mad. if they stay as they are...They are losing old timers who cruise a lot. I have talked to people not on this board who feel like I do.

Don't fuss. Life is short.

Take your business elsewhere. Vote with your feet and bookings.

Right now they limit how many people can get the ftf. As long as they keep it limited and allow diamond and platnium on first it wont matter. If they remove the limit and allow them to board first I can see many diamond and platinum guest complaining.

If they remove the limit then everyone would be buying , then NOONE would actually be getting faster to the fun.( except the first few ppl in line for FTTF at port. It would then be a waste of money . So I don't think that they will ever " un-limit " them. Most Diamond and Plats don't complain about this at all. If they did the unlimited they wouldn't be complaining either.. Cause again it wouldn't be worth buying.. IMO

People feel when the rest of us can buy the FTTF (faster to the fun) for $50.00 per cabin? Yet it takes many cruises to get that Platinnm/Diamond status !! Just curiouis! Please dont flame me :)

;)

Doesn't bother me, they limit the number that is sold. I purchased it twice before I hit Platinum.