I was wondering how Platinuim , Diamond and Suite People feel when

CountryFox

I am not happy with FTTF (just another way to make MONEY) These people should earn the rights to boarding early and other things so FTTF does not make me happy. We have spent thousands of dollars on cruises to earn these rights that Diamond and Platinum people earn. So it doesn't make me happy when someone can pay 50$ for it.

I am not happy with FTTF (just another way to make MONEY) These people should earn the rights to boarding early and other things so FTTF does not make me happy. We have spent thousands of dollars on cruises to earn these rights that Diamond and Platinum people earn. So it doesn't make me happy when someone can pay 50$ for it.

Wow you went on allll those cruises just to get the perks? Count me out of that. We'll just go where and with whom we want each time with no thought of trying to get perks. Had a great time on Carnival last time and it fit our time schedule and ports we wanted, along with RC (same price, it was a special) but we decided to go back with CCL.

Wow you went on allll those cruises just to get the perks? Count me out of that. We'll just go where and with whom we want each time with no thought of trying to get perks. Had a great time on Carnival last time and it fit our time schedule and ports we wanted, along with RC (same price, it was a special) but we decided to go back with CCL.

That wasn't my point. I LOVE Carnival Cruises. But I feel people should earn the right. After all of my cruises (spent a lot of money) I don't like that people just get to pay 50$ for the perks. I don't just go on cruises for the perks I go because I love cruises.

For what was important to me we got less..... NO GTY Dining times

For those that have to pay for it good for them

Its like when I get upgraded to First class, almost every other flight, and those that paid for the upgrade good for them.

Those that paid for full fare first class probably look at me the same way:eek:

People feel when the rest of us can buy the FTTF (faster to the fun) for $50.00 per cabin? Yet it takes many cruises to get that Platinnm/Diamond status !! Just curiouis! Please dont flame me :)

;)

Don't care. if they want to spend $50 so be it. I just don't like when they board with the platinum/VIPs. they are suppose to board after. I don't mean to sound like a platinum snob, but that is what the policy is suppose to be, and a few ports don't follow it

Doesn't bother me either. In fact, our last 2 cruises out of FLL, the regular line to board was shorter than the VIP line. So many Platinums + now. Add the few FTTF folks and we may be staying in the regular lines if we continue to see the VIP lines are much longer.

We cruise for RnR. Why in the WORLD would I sweat something as trivial as whether someone gets on board before me?? It's not like they're going to run to my room and mess up my bed, drink all the drinks, or eat all the food on the buffet before the ship can sail. Glad I don't have to worry about small stuff like that :D

I find it humorous that many said they didn't mind. If we look back at some of the post about this same subject when the fttf was originally released we will find lots that were complaining about how they had to earn it and now you can buy it and how unfair it was.

I find it humorous that many said they didn't mind. If we look back at some of the post about this same subject when the fttf was originally released we will find lots that were complaining about how they had to earn it and now you can buy it and how unfair it was.

Exactly!

You didn't see me posting anything about it until now and no, I really could care less. And you know, I am now even doubly thankful that I no longer sweat the small stuff. I absolutely cannot fathom allowing something like this to bother me, especially if I'm about to board a ship and take a cruise. Go work a food bank at Thanksgiving and then whine about people "getting on the ship before me". What on earth happened to gratitude?? Really. :(

Edited to say this is rhetorical. I know your comment wasn't directed at me, morganboys.

Edited by Vanessa L

Saw a few posts that stated FTTF boarded after Diamond/Platinum, that was not the case in Galveston and I was disappointed about that. Other than that, I really don't care. We did FTTF a couple of times ourselves but did not board with the Diamond/Platinum. They made sure of that in Fort Lauderdale.

For what was important to me we got less..... NO GTY Dining times

For those that have to pay for it good for them

Its like when I get upgraded to First class, almost every other flight, and those that paid for the upgrade good for them.

Those that paid for full fare first class probably look at me the same way:eek:

Same here, guaranteed reduced to priority.:( I do like that FTTF has allowed us to gain access to our room early and expedited luggage delivery.:D

As to $50.00 richer I hate to say this but by far I am richer only having to do

1 cruise and pay the money. :D

Do you actually think that my lovely wife and myself have cruised 15 sailings on Carnival to only get Platinum perks?

I hate to say this but by far I am richer to have had many cultural encounters at different ports, exciting travel experiences, and to have made new friends from though out the world.

keep your riches close to the wallet, I'll keep mine close to the heart.

Nice to read all the responses here.

First a few things I want to comment on.

I could care less if a person spends fifty dollars to board early.

Happy for them.

Most people are missing a valuable point in this thread.

The anger comes from Carnival dissing Platinum members , more or less Carnival showed us greed over value ,showing Platinum's how much our dedication and repeat business was appreciated , not :rolleyes: .

Now here is where the problem starts, in Port of Miami ,we now go to the port later than we use to after the initial rush boards. Why , the last few times we went early we had to stand as there were no seats available in the lounge.

We would rather wait and board an hour later just to avoid the cattle herding ,less stress . What use to be a privilege as a Platinum member has now become a problem. Is it the FTTF people that are at fault here, partially. As their are now hoards of Platinum members waiting to board as well.

As I have stated on this board in the past, Platinum's are a dime a dozen now and it shows.

And it gets worse ;):D

Nice to read all the responses here.

First a few things I want to comment on.

I could care less if a person spends fifty dollars to board early.

Happy for them.

Most people are missing a valuable point in this thread.

The anger comes from Carnival dissing Platinum members , more or less Carnival showed us greed over value ,showing Platinum's how much our dedication and repeat business was appreciated , not :rolleyes: .

Now here is where the problem starts, in Port of Miami ,we now go to the port later than we use to after the initial rush boards. Why , the last few times we went early we had to stand as there were no seats available in the lounge.

We would rather wait and board an hour later just to avoid the cattle herding ,less stress . What use to be a privilege as a Platinum member has now become a problem. Is it the FTTF people that are at fault here, partially. As their are now hoards of Platinum members waiting to board as well.

As I have stated on this board in the past, Platinum's are a dime a dozen now and it shows.

And it gets worse ;):D

I agree.

Doesn't bother me at all. Was actually quite helpful that my parents could purchase FTTF and board with us. I really don't understand why so many are upset about this. It is sold on a limited basis and from my understanding based on how many Diamond/Platinum members will be on the sailing as to how many FTTF they make available. So there will be a body there either way.

People feel when the rest of us can buy the FTTF (faster to the fun) for $50.00 per cabin? Yet it takes many cruises to get that Platinnm/Diamond status !! Just curiouis! Please dont flame me :)

;)

That wasn't my point. I LOVE Carnival Cruises. But I feel people should earn the right. After all of my cruises (spent a lot of money) I don't like that people just get to pay 50$ for the perks. I don't just go on cruises for the perks I go because I love cruises.

"Earning" the rights for those perks can be subjective. Up until Jan 2014 you could have earned those rights by sailing on ten cruises to nowhere, or ten 3 or 4 night cruises. So it's conceivable and very likely that the program was changed because you could become platinum on 30 days or less sailed. During this same time another guest could have taken eight 7 day cruises booking suites each time (which can be 4 times as expensive as an inside, but not 4 times a big) and have 56 days sailed who get left behind. Those guests certainly earned something imho. The whole change over, while probably necessary, was botched.

;)

No big deal! We enjoy the cruise and don't sweat the small stuff!

Edited by Neesee1