I was wondering how Platinuim , Diamond and Suite People feel when

CountryFox

Just wanted to throw this out there... I hear time and time again that "we" paid all this money to get this status you should not be able to buy FTTF as an option! I understand that there are a lot of folks who live near ports or are a cheap flight away. So cruising is relatively cheap those of you. Easy to get on two maybe three cruises a year. Fair enough right? I am good with that.

I live in Canada and love to cruise. I spend about 1700$ (CAD) per person including flights (three in our family) to enjoy he same cruise. Doing the math I figure for me to gain platinum which is even harder now would be roughly 127,500. That's a house !! We also spend 12- 14 hrs in planes and airports to get there. So 50$ to get those perks are a no brainer!!

The only reason I am doing this is to make people aware that we love the FTTF because it is not feasible to think we will be enjoying platinum any time soon:rolleyes:. My intentions are only to raise awareness to the fact that the option that carnival offers may be geared to those of us whom may not see these perks if it were not for these offerings;).I am not saying we are more deserving nor do I feel we are more important than any one else .. Just like to be spoiled once in a while!:cool:

Edited by QUAKE

I guess what puzzled me the most about this subject is that Carnival said

"the reason they went to the new loyalty program is because the numbers were getting unmanageable. " That is the reason they gave for moving the Milestone folks back down to Platinum.

They claimed they could not sustain the number of projected VIPs.

So IF the numbers were getting unmanageable, how does selling more of them help?

And how long did Carnival give people to make Platinum after the change.

How many more did that add:confused:

No other major cruise line did that when doing the conversion

Edited by jonbgd

Just wanted to throw this out there... I hear time and time again that "we" paid all this money to get this status you should not be able to buy FTTF as an option! I understand that there are a lot of folks who live near ports or are a cheap flight away. So cruising is relatively cheap those of you. Easy to get on two maybe three cruises a year. Fair enough right? I am good with that.

I live in Canada and love to cruise. I spend about 1700$ (CAD) per person including flights (three in our family) to enjoy he same cruise. Doing the math I figure for me to gain platinum which is even harder now would be roughly 127,500. That's a house !! We also spend 12- 14 hrs in planes and airports to get there. So 50$ to get those perks are a no brainer!!

The only reason I am doing this is to make people aware that we love the FTTF because it is not feasible to think we will be enjoying platinum any time soon:rolleyes:. My intentions are only to raise awareness to the fact that the option that carnival offers may be geared to those of us whom may not see these perks if it were not for these offerings;).I am not saying we are more deserving nor do I feel we are more important than any one else .. Just like to be spoiled once in a while!:cool:

False assumption. Just because you live in Canada doesn't mean you are farther from the ports than we are. How far do you think the West Coast (and Arizona) are from Florida, anyway? 3,000 miles! So, just because we are American doesn't mean we don't pay the big bucks to become Platinum. Most of my days at sea were in the Med or on a TA, so I paid REALLY big bucks on the airfare to get there.

So, just don't make false assumptions like that.

Edited by GlendaleCruiser

False assumption. Just because you live in Canada doesn't mean you are farther from the ports than we are. How far do you think the West Coast (and Arizona) are from Florida, anyway? 3,000 miles! So, just because we are American doesn't mean we don't pay the big bucks to become Platinum. Most of my days at sea were in the Med or on a TA, so I paid REALLY big bucks on the airfare to get there.

I think the posters point was it is, that is it very expensive for them to cruise, not that they are Canadian. Obviously lots of people live far from cruise ports, some further than others.

I don't understand what false assumption was being made. They are unlikely to become Platinum anytime soon and enjoy being able to purchase the perks offered by FTTF. :confused:

I kinda think that you are the one making some false assumptions, not Quake, Cruisebuds makes a very good assessment of what Quake posted....

You me the assumption. I never said anything about us paying more than anybody, just that the cost of our journey is the reason we like being able to purchase these perks. My comparison was with those who are close to the port and can get there cheaper. American had nothing to do with it.. My Mom is a snow bird and while in Florida does this exact thing as she is down there already so the cost is now half for her. Again I want others to understand that some like yourself and I have to dish a lot of money to get there .. so don't think badly of those who would like to purchase the perks. there is always a bigger picture!

They SAID "Some People" Not all people

All of the whiners should just quit whining about this. and from what ive see. Its only a select few people. Plats and diamonds paid money for more cruises and they get more perks than FTTF as a result . FTTF ppl pay to get a few perks.. And we aren't Whining that the plats and diamonds "wasted' their money on these cruises:D to get perks are we? No. So why should some ppl worry about how others spend money to get perks? Its everyone's own business to how they want to spend their money and what they get for it. IMO :(

Im glad to see that it doesn't effect the general plat/gold club. As to $50.00 richer I hate to say this but by far I am richer only having to do

1 cruise and pay the money. :D

Ah, but look at how many cruises we have been able to enjoy. Most of us cruise because we enjoy cruising, not for the perks. We paid to cruise not for perks...lol.

Thanks to the FTTF program, we now get to go to our cabins as soon as we board and get our luggage early. It's a win win for all of us. :D

At first, I didn't like it. Cause I paid alot of money for my solo cruises and I thought it was a cheap way to get the perks.. But, after thinking about it, as long as FTTF peeps are behind me (Platinum) with those perks, then they can help Carnival make their money

I am glad you had a good cruise. it is a lovely ship with so much right about it. I am very glad..they seem to have a handle on getting people on and off.

I would bet my bottom dollar..they did not have 500 Platinum and Diamonds on that cruise. I would be they had hundreds of FTTF on there and did not want to admit it.

And again.....for me. It is Carnival. Not the FTTF People. Is was never about anyone being better or that silliness.

it is a bad business move. And now they are in a mess. If they go one way..the FTTF are mad. if they stay as they are...They are losing old timers who cruise a lot. I have talked to people not on this board who feel like I do.

Don't fuss. Life is short.

Take your business elsewhere. Vote with your feet and bookings.

Actually they did have over 500, one of the crew members stated this as we were trying to go into the dining room on debark day, I have used FTTF 3 times and loved it, now that I am platinum I no longer need to purchase it but I would if I were not platinum,some people have no problem with FTTF some do, it's here to stay,at least for now, if somebody wants to buy it,so be it, doesn't bother me.

Edited by MIZZ_K

I agree.......behind me.........LOL..........

Me too, Solo Cruiser..........:)Platinum/almost Diamond......

When I was in JAX in Oct for my Cruise.......

The VIP Lounge was full of people........

The Ladies that was checking boarding passes

At first They could not find my S&S Card...........

Thought I was FTTF,,,,,,,I said oh no.........

I did not go into the VIP Lounge,,,,,,,,,,they took me

strait over to the counter ,,,they found my S&S card........

I was ready to head to the Ship..........:)

Edited by BARBARA J.W.

It somewhat bothered me at first, but as platinum on our last cruise we were onboard in 15 minutes, and did not need to spend the $50. Also ,as platinum, I really like the separate line at guest services, which FTTF does not have..So now the FTTF does not bother me anymore, as there are not that many on each sailing anyway...

It somewhat bothered me at first, but as platinum on our last cruise we were onboard in 15 minutes, and did not need to spend the $50. Also ,as platinum, I really like the separate line at guest services, which FTTF does not have..So now the FTTF does not bother me anymore, as there are not that many on each sailing anyway...

Hate to burst your bubble but FFTF is allowed to use your line at guest services.

Uff Da

You many want to re-think it not bothering you.

Edited by fuddrules

It makes no sense to have a line for Diamond/Platinum and one for FTTF. The number of FTTF passengers is not significant.

I can see a Diamond line and then one for Platinum/FTTF. Now that makes sense.

But there is a different line for Platinum/Diamond and then FTTF......I've done both, FTTF before I became Platinum....we waited in a section for FTTF, which was separate than the VIP lounge area for Platinum/Diamond/Suite pax. Significant numbers of FTTF is insignificant in terms of who boards first and where they wait, as they are separate!

The line at guest services does include FTTF, that is one of the selling points. See this picture of one of the signs. As you said there aren't many FTTF onboard so it shouldn't affect your wait there anyway.

fttfguestservices.jpg.2ab023ae1920cf6e75ca5428708d33e0.jpg

Actually FTTF does use the same line at guest services as platinum and diamond.

I usually don't even notice, or even care for that matter, however, I did see A LOT of people that purchased FTTF, and wondered if they even put a cap on it or not this past cruise we went on. I didn't care, I was on a cruise, but heard a few Platinum/Diamond people complaining to the purser's desk/guest services.:confused: