Stateroom and Category Website

Kendallkat2

I remember there was a website that was great for figuring out which category you would want. I believe it was http://www.cruisestateroom.com/

but the site doesn't seem to do what I remember it did??? Looks like you have to join and it wants a fee???? Does anyone know of another site similar to this one?

Thanks, Beth

Kendallkat2

I just clicked on the sight you had down. You can use it for one day for a dollar.I opted for three months for $4.98.It was really worth it.They not only show you the stateroom but allow you to compare it to other cruise ships.I

hope I'm not getting into trouble here.

emmylou

http://www.cruisestaterooms.com is very inexpensive for the info you get but I wanted to know about balconies and couldn't find that information.

I'm new to cruising. Could someone please explain all the differences in the same kind of room. Outside staterooms with balconies have six different categories. Why is that? What is it based on?

http://www.cruisestaterooms.com is very inexpensive for the info you get but I wanted to know about balconies and couldn't find that information.

I'm new to cruising. Could someone please explain all the differences in the same kind of room. Outside staterooms with balconies have six different categories. Why is that? What is it based on?

What you are no doubt seeing is cabin placement, rather then difference in cabins. Different decks call for different grades, therefore different prices.

There can be a difference from booking midship as apposed to aft. I go for the type of cabin I want in the lowest category of that grade. Sometimes a balcony might be a bit bigger on a certain deck but that does not always mean they cost more, it is just a matter of knowing the deck layout.

Carol

Nothing is more valuable in choosing your stateroom Cat./location than viewing the ENTIRE deck plans. How close/far from the elevators do you want to be (we try to keep a distance, but if mobility issues are important, closer may be better for some). I think it's very important to have an idea of what's directly above and below the particular staterooms you're considering. Large public spaces above/below could create noise issues for some, but even that can be a function of what time of day those spaces are getting heavy traffic, and when you'll be in your stateroom. I agree with the previous poster- try to find the least expensive cabin of the type you are interested in, but be aware of the surroundings for that stateroom. Good Luck, and Enjoy !!

Archived