Share the savings question

pamwinn

When we each login to Princess, the prices for my mother, are better by a couple of hundred dollars or more than my prices. We want to cruise together. I handle all the booking stuff. If we each book a cabin at the same time via phone, can the savings be immediately shared if I am the one on the phone doing the bookings?

No. I have more cruises with Princess than she does by far. My 81 yo mom prefers Carnival. Go figure! It's one of those mysterious things Princess does with their offers. The cruise is already past final payment so I don't want to book hers just to find out that she is not able to share the savings because without that, I think the price is too high for us and I'll just keep shopping for a bargain. So I need to know if share the savings is always an option.

I personally would be speaking with a travel agent on this one. Whomever is getting the better price should do the booking.

I assume sharing a room is out of the question? They do come with separate beds. That would save you a lot.

Since we cannot recommend travel agents I would suggest you call/email a few and ask for quotes. You can google discount cruise agents, or ones that specialize in cruising. I hope things work out for you.

Pam - are you both sailing as couples?

If so, does your father (mother's husband?) also show the discount when he logs in? If so, I would break the couple of up and put you and your mom in one cabin and the guys in the other cabin and switch once onboard.

This is also a situation when having a TA is valuable as they can often fight for the same price for both cabins as they are in the same family.

Archived