Car rental at LAX with drop off in San Pedro

avd79

Hi, we are flying into LAX for a Princess cruise out of San Pedro in March. We will fly in two days early so we want to have a car. Which rental companies have a location close to the pier with a free shuttle to the pier? Thanks for all your advise!!

I'm not sure if any of the rental companies have a drop off in San Pedro. We rented at LAX and I dropped the car off at the Long Beach Airport. They had a complimentary shuttle back to the hotel. The hotel had a shuttle to the ship.

Since we cruised many years ago, suggest that you "Google" car rental agencies in San Pedro that are also at LAX.

I agree. You should price out the one-way drop off fees and compare taking the car back to LAX and getting a shuttle from their ($18/person) or dropping at Long Beach Airport and taking a paid shuttle from there (plus the possible one way drop off fee). It may be pretty much a wash, or actually cheaper to do it at LAX.

Enterprise has an office next to the Crown Plaza in San Pedro and they also have a pier shuttle. Last year when I checked you could not rent on line but had to call Enterprise. Also there was a very hefty one way drop off fee.

I did the reverse rental and dropped off at LAX after a post coastal cruise Anahiem stay and the drop off fee was $40 in 2010.

We are renting at LAX from Avis and dropping it off at the Downtown office in Long Beach on Ocean Blvd. I booked it online but called to see if they would take us back to the hotel or the cruise port and they told me no problem at all! :-) We are not being charged a one way charge!

Archived