Under 18 year old friend cruising with us.

vinman13

My DD is bringing her 17 year old friend with her on our cruise this year. I was wondering if anyone has bought a friend before under 21. I was wondering If I will need anything special? For instance what will I need for her in case she needs medical attention? Will I need anything besides her passport to get onto the ship? If anyone knows of any other suggestions that will make our cruise go smoother please let me know.

My daughter is 17 and going on a cruise with her best friend and family. I came across this here on CC posted by Uksimonusa.

u will need her passport, or certified birth certificate and State issued photo ID and an authorization letter from the parents, here is one I have used in the past

To Whom it May Concern

I, Mothers name, formally mothers maiden name (mother), do give permission your name to take my daughter, childs name, whose date of birth is childs birthdate, on a cruise aboard Ship Name sailing from Departure Port on Sail Date.

The cruise is scheduled to go to itinerary but I understand that the itinerary is subject to change and agree to any changes the cruise line may make.

I also give your name permission to secure and authorize any medical treatment that childs name may need while in their care and to sign any waivers needed to authorize any activities childs name may want to partake in.

Signed this day of 2011 in Brevard County Florida

Mothers name

STATE OF FLORIDA

COUNTY OF ________

Sworn to and subscribed before me this _____ day of _____, 2011, by

Signature Florida Notary Public ________________________________

Notary Stamp

Personally Known ______ OR Produced Identification _______

Type of Identification Produced__________________________________________ __

I normally try and get one from both parents although have travelled with just one with no problem.

We took our sons friend - they were both 16

Our letter was pretty much the same and we had it notarized.

We are leaving march on the Conquest and taking his friend - they are both now 19. (My son will turn 20 during the cruise!)

Do I need one this time - or is it just for under 18. I can't remember

-melanne

Archived