What can you tell me about the NCL Dawn?

aidansaunt2004

We're looking at booking the NCL Dawn to Bermuda. We've never cruised with NCL (but I've done a lot of research). I've gone through reviews and checked out other websites to get info on the Dawn.

What can you tell me about your Dawn experience? Is the ship clean? How is the service? Food? Pretty much anything you want to tell me will be helpful.

I'm also very confused about the "cinema". On another site they list that there is a cinema but I can't seem to find any current information on it. Was it removed during the refurb?

Does anyone know of any great sites to find photos of the inside of the ship? I've found one site that has every ship and a photo tour but the photos weren't the greatest quality.

Thank you in advance :)

Check out my Dawn review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1773237.

I have many pictures not included in the review. Let me know which areas you are interested in and if I have the pictures, I will post them for you.

We went on Enchantment of the Seas last August, and interestingly enough the ship changed sides in the middle of the night one of the nights we were docked. Not sure why, but both sides got both views. The view from King's Wharf is beautiful.

Love Bermuda, I'd take the SS minnow to get there!

We went on Enchantment of the Seas last August, and interestingly enough the ship changed sides in the middle of the night one of the nights we were docked. Not sure why, but both sides got both views. The view from King's Wharf is beautiful.

Love Bermuda, I'd take the SS minnow to get there!

they probably had to drop lifeboats on the other side for testing and maintenance

The Dawn is a great ship.

The only thing that I didn't care for, was the relocation of the Spinnaker Lounge. The new location is smaller, with fewer windows. I hope that NCL doesn't do this to any other ships.

Everything else was very good, including food, service, and entertainment.

We'll be back on board in April to bring the Dawn back to Boston. Twelve wonderful days to look forward to.

Thanks everyone! I've searched the internet and I was only able to find a handful of reviews with photos, so this was helpful. Thanks for letting me know about the cinema as well.

For some reason there aren't a lot of photos or videos floating around that are of the inside of this ship.

This makes me feel better knowing that everyone seems to enjoy this ship.

Originally, we were really interested in the Breakaway (and it still looks amazing) but I can't justify spending the extra money for the cabin (about $800) and paying over $300 to park our car for the week. Maybe we'll check it out in a few years when the price goes down :)

This is one of the things I appreciate on the NCL board, everyone is friendly and helpful.

The parking is CRAZY in Manhattan unless you want to park a few blocks away. Last I knew it was about $110 in Boston right across the street from the terminal. The Dawn is a great ship. We are going on the Breakaway this year but splitting the parking between 5 or 6 of us won't hurt as much. Boston is closer for us but we just had to check out the Breakaway.

Thanks, I enjoyed the video.

The ship doesn't look worn or anything, which is refreshing.

There aren't many ships that cruise to Bermuda and we really wanted to give NCL a try, so I think this might be it :)

Of course I'd love to try the Breakaway, but I can't force myself to pay $2100-$2200 for an inside (for 2 of us) when this ship is a lot less money and still looks great.

We're excited about Bermuda. It looks gorgeous!

We love the Dawn, ship is in wonderful condition and has one of the best crews we have had on any line. Not fair to the Dawn to compare it the Breakaway, a brandy new ship with all the horns and whistles, and I'm sure some of the best help will be arriving from other NCL ships.

I wouldn't hesitate to sail the Dawn again, and if cost is a deciding factor, thats a good enough reason. We are booked on the Breakaway 6/9, 10 of us going, Inside cabins were $2100 and Balcony rooms just under 3k, not sure how much better the Dawn is as Boston prices are sometimes high.

Also, consider if the Dawn is in Bermuda on a Sunday, Bermuda is quiet everyday, on Sunday its silent, difficult to find a taxi, or an open restaurant. Anyway, hard not to enjoy a cruise to Bermuda.

The Dawn is a great ship.

The only thing that I didn't care for, was the relocation of the Spinnaker Lounge. The new location is smaller, with fewer windows. I hope that NCL doesn't do this to any other ships.

Everything else was very good, including food, service, and entertainment.

We'll be back on board in April to bring the Dawn back to Boston. Twelve wonderful days to look forward to.

Hey Barb,

You probably, already know not to get a cabin on deck 8 above the Spinnacker Lounge. Ha, Ha, we were in aft balcony 8176. We could hear all the entertainment, :cool: personally i thought the vibrating bed was cool. :eek: Dw was not impressed. :confused:

Enjoy your cruise.

Vic

we're going to be on the Dawn in 52 days, in one of the suites where the Spinaker used to be. Loved that lounge location on the Star, but am not complaining about being in a suite. Can't wait to explore a new ship. :D

are you on the first boston-bermuda cruise? we're on the repo from tampa to boston in 12516

Archived