Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer

Patgo

has anyone tried this? I have the lighter of the two shades. I think it is a wonderful moisturizer but the glow part seems to turn my skin a little oragne. I have somewhat of a tan and was using it mostly to even out the back of my legs which never seem to tan. That is where the orange came into the picture. Some of my co workers think it is great. Just wondering what others might think.

Thanks for the input.

I have tried it, and I am satisfied with the results. I have fair skin and burn easily, so I have to be careful about sun exposure. I used the Jergens product for a week on my arms and legs, and sure enough, I look a little tan and the color is natural. However, a friend of mine said it was orange-y on her skin.

Yesterday I went to 6 stores looking for this stuff because I had a coupon that expired yesterday and not one of the stores had any left. There was empty areas on the shelves but not one to be found. :confused: What's the deal with that? Oh, well, I'll keep looking because there was another coupon in todays paper.

Donna

I have used the Oil Of Olay brand that is also a skin lotion with a little self tanner. I liked it fine but I wanted to try a shade darker and that brand only offers one shade. Jergens does a fair and light complexion ones so you can get it in two shades. Which is why I was planning on trying the Jergens. I guess if it makes you orange though I won't like it either.

I do like the fact that you don't streak like you do with the self tanner-but then you are only lightly tanned-you look only slightly "sunkissed" as though you only spent a couple of hours in the sun that afternoon. I am thinking maybe that is why the last post did not notice a differance. she wants to look more tan. Or else she has a olive complexion so she is naturally already darker then the lotion-then ofcourse it would not make any differance.

Years ago I read in a magazine that suggested taking the herb black walnut in the powdered capsuled form and adding it to your moisturizing lotion to make your own self tan. I tried it but did not like the look. To me it just made me look like I was dirty or something instead of tan.

I just read about this product in people mag today. They claim it's been sold out in stores for awhile but will be restocked on June 13th. You might look for it after that. The short blurb in the mag says this product has generated a waistlist that rivals Louis Vuitton bags and boasts almost 700 ebay auctions so I guess the product works since there are so many happy customers. I wonder how it differs from self-tanning lotions. Happy Sailing!

I just read about this product in people mag today. They claim it's been sold out in stores for awhile but will be restocked on June 13th. You might look for it after that. The short blurb in the mag says this product has generated a waistlist that rivals Louis Vuitton bags and boasts almost 700 ebay auctions so I guess the product works since there are so many happy customers. I wonder how it differs from self-tanning lotions. Happy Sailing!

The differance is you look only slightly darker which is why you do not streak. The color differance is only slight. I do like it on my legs though. I do not sunbathe but I do walk everyday and I do yard work so my face and arms do get a little tan but my legs stay pasty white. I put on the lotion and they look much better.

Which is another reason why I like this better then self tanner. I only wanted something to darken my legs a little so they match my face and arms. The self tanner would always make them darker then I wanted besides streaking. Walmarts had the lightest shade this past week in Douglasville, GA but I, like others, want to try the darker shade. It comes in fair and light complexion. Fair being the lightest I think.

Our Sunday paper had coupons for both the Jergens brand and the Oil of Olay brand. I clipped mine out and will look forward to visiting Walmart on June 13-I guess that is a week from tomorrow.

If you gals go back and read the thread on help with sunless tanner streaking you will see I mentioned this stuff in it 2 weeks ago. So funny you are now all fired up about it. When I mentioned it then everyone ignored me. Instead of recomending something like this the gals were saying go to a tanning booth- (which is SO dangerous)

I do like the fact that you don't streak like you do with the self tanner-but then you are only lightly tanned-you look only slightly "sunkissed" as though you only spent a couple of hours in the sun that afternoon. I am thinking maybe that is why the last post did not notice a differance. she wants to look more tan. Or else she has a olive complexion so she is naturally already darker then the lotion-then ofcourse it would not make any differance.

i actually have fair to light skin, so im not sure why it didn't work on me...maybe i'll try the olay one and see if that does anything.

Hi, my daughter used this product last month, she tried the lighter one first didn't do much , so she then got a tube of the darker shade and that worked fine, it did not turn her skin orange at all , just looked lightly tanned. She is quite fair complexion and dark hair and eyes, may be it works differntly on each person. For her it worked great. She would shower first towel off then apply a even thin coat each evening for about a week then it slowly looked more tan. As for her , she liked it, and she has tried some of the more expensive types last summer, and thought they streaked and looked orangey on her. So its a toss up I guess. Good Luck.

Cori

On HSN today (June 6) they are selling the spray tan stuff. For $40 you get the gun sprayer thing and also about 2 months supply of the spray tan stuff or else you could spend aroud $60 and get a six month supply. Since it has the 30 day guarantee thing that is the better deal. Use it, try it and if you hate, it return it, and get your money back. Worth a shot and MUCH safer then the tanning beds for those of you who want to look really dark. They claim this is not a dye but a chemicial reaction tan so it looks more like the tan you get from being in the sun.

It is that Jennifer Flavin brand.

I love this stuff. I've been using it about 3-4 weeks and I find it works beautifully. I have tried self-tanners/bronzers but have streaked, etc. I am using the darker of the two. My friends are all jealous of my tanned feet!;)

I love this stuff! Self tanner is usually really scary because it streaks or turns orange, but this just gives your skin a little color that you can build. I apply it two or three nights in a row every week or so. Any longer than that and my olive skin starts looking a little jaundiced. :( I also recommend shaving before using, because otherwise you'll just shave the tan right off. And, I prefer using it at night because if you use it in the morning the self tanner smell (like wet saltine crackers) will bug you all day!

Good luck trying to find it. I have been to 9 stores now and no luck! :(

I even have other people looking for me and no luck either.

Donna

Yep although the local Walmarts had the lightest shade last week-this week the spot was empty. So I will be looking June 13. Hopefully they will have it. I hope this is a stock item the Walmart clerks put out and not something that only the merchandizer who comes twice a month puts out.

I still have some of the Olay Quench but I sure was wanting to try the Jergens medium shade.

Tired of waiting for the stores to restock this so I just got mine on e-bay. There are a ton of them on there. Lots and lots of bids and it goes very fast.

Good luck. I'll post after I get mine and try it.

Donna

I'm considering trying it if I can find it without much trouble (good luck huh:D ) but I usually use a self-tanner without a problem. Here's a hint I learned for preventing streaking - pour equal amounts of the self-tanner and your favorite moisturizer into your hand, mix together and then apply. The mixture goes on smoothly because of the moisturizer and prevents the usual streaking problem. Ever since I started applying a self-tanner using this method, I have not experienced streaking. My favorite is Neutrogena Instan Bronze. Happy Sailing!

This is available in Canada. I haven't actually seen it on the shelves because I haven't looked but I have seen it in Pharmacy flyers.

I will be going to Zellers later today and plan to take a look there. If I find anything I'll come back here to let you know.

Have a nice day!

Sandy

I'm considering trying it if I can find it without much trouble (good luck huh:D ) but I usually use a self-tanner without a problem. Here's a hint I learned for preventing streaking - pour equal amounts of the self-tanner and your favorite moisturizer into your hand, mix together and then apply. The mixture goes on smoothly because of the moisturizer and prevents the usual streaking problem. Ever since I started applying a self-tanner using this method, I have not experienced streaking. My favorite is Neutrogena Instan Bronze. Happy Sailing!

You are making the moisturizer yourself that this stuff is. It is a moisturizer for dry skin that has a little bit of self tanner in it. But that sounds like a good idea. We could just make our own. If I can't get any tomorrow I may just try that.

Bought two tubes yesterday at one of our local Wal-Marts -- $4.83 a tube. It was flying off the shelves. There were four women at the display the same time I was there and all of them bought several tubes. Several said they had been using it for a while and it helped keep the tan that they already had. I haven't tried it yet but my daughter did last night and said that she thought it worked. She has a very dark tan already but wants to maintain that. I do think she looks a tad "orangey" but only around the face. That's where she has a hard time keeping "tan." I am going to give it a shot but I have been taking melatonin tablets for several months and I think that has helped me achieve a deep tan.

Bought two tubes yesterday at one of our local Wal-Marts -- $4.83 a tube. It was flying off the shelves. There were four women at the display the same time I was there and all of them bought several tubes. Several said they had been using it for a while and it helped keep the tan that they already had. I haven't tried it yet but my daughter did last night and said that she thought it worked. She has a very dark tan already but wants to maintain that. I do think she looks a tad "orangey" but only around the face. That's where she has a hard time keeping "tan." I am going to give it a shot but I have been taking melatonin tablets for several months and I think that has helped me achieve a deep tan.

I was able to get my tube today at the local Walmarts. I think here it was $4.79 a tube-then I had my 75 cents off coupon. I will try it out tonight after my bath and I will let you guys know tomorrow how it was and if I like it better then the Olay Quench.

I bought a tube about 2 weeks ago, at Target and paid $6.85. Today I bought 2 tubes at Walmart and paid $4.92 each.

Last week at work someone asked me where I have been, I told them I am only working 2 days a week during the summer...they said No, I mean have you been on vacation you look so tan!!!! This stuff is fantastic!!!

Ollie:)

Hi guys...

Got mine today at Wal-mart..Totally forgot I had a coupon:cool:

I used mine about an hour ago.Went on fairly well.We have a pool,so I have a pretty good base tan.But hard time tanning back of legs,arms etc.Right now I seem to be a little orange.

One thing I am not happy about is the smell.It does not smell bad,but it is very strong.Even an hour after application,I have a very strong detergent odor...

Will report tomorrow as well.

I saw the Olay..I thought about it..But it seems to have more of a sparkley base to it..I may try it later.

Question about Melatonin tabs.I was looking at some today.Assuming it would help with tanning.But it stated it was used as a sleep aid...???

Did I read wrong..was I looking at something I thought was Melatonin!??

I take 5-Htp...don't really want anything thats gonna make me sleepy:D :p

Archived