Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer

Patgo

:rolleyes: If anyone wants a new tube and one with just a little missing you can have it for just shipping. It turned me orange, too! I got 2 of them since it had been selling out. I didn't want to need more and not be able to find it......but it doesn't work for me!

Piper, don't feel bad, it doesn't work for me either and I have four tubes. One of the girls I work with is buying one off me because it turns her a golden brown. Guess different chemistries react differently to it. I'll stick to the tanning towels I guess.

Donna

Are you using this on your face? I found it at our Walmart last weekend and have used it on my legs for the past five nights. So far I like the results on my legs so I moved to my arms and chest last night. Since I was doing my chest I continued on to my neck so there wouldn't be a "line" but was unsure of putting it on my face. Any suggestions or comments would be helpful.

Also, do you get darker with more applications? The package shows the gradual changes in color during a one week time but I was wondering if it continues to get a little darker with each application.

By the way, I did notice when I was at Walmart last night they only had about 6 tubes left. They had a full display five days ago so people are definitely buying this stuff.

Thanks for your help!!;)

I DO NOT use it on my face! I have used it on my legs with great success, I am using the Darker of the colors. I think for me it achieved it's maximum shade after about 6 days. Then I stopped using it for 3 days and noticed that it faded somewhat. I was thinking that I too might start it on my arms and chest, stopping at the hairline and "feathering" it up my neck. I have heard some say that they mixed it with their regular face mositurizer (spelling?) before using it on their face. It was a very gradual colring on the legs so it may be allright if it is diluted for your face. Good luck if you are brave enough to try! Please let us know.

I've been using this for about two weeks and I like the results. I already had a base tan and it just intensified it a bit. It did turn me a slight orange around my ankles but I knew how to fix that....rubbing alcohol! Anytime you streak with a self-tanner, rub it gently with alcohol and it will take some of the color out. I tried that and it then turned into a natural color. I bought mine at Wal-Mart and it was about $4.75. If I can continue with good results, I might try the darker shade next time.

I don't use this on my face and neck. Instead, I use a bronzing creme make-up by Avon. It has a slight shimmer and it matches my arms and legs.

I've been using this for about two weeks and I like the results. I already had a base tan and it just intensified it a bit. It did turn me a slight orange around my ankles but I knew how to fix that....rubbing alcohol! Anytime you streak with a self-tanner, rub it gently with alcohol and it will take some of the color out. I tried that and it then turned into a natural color. I bought mine at Wal-Mart and it was about $4.75. If I can continue with good results, I might try the darker shade next time.

I don't use this on my face and neck. Instead, I use a bronzing creme make-up by Avon. It has a slight shimmer and it matches my arms and legs.

Thanks for the info, especially the "rubbing alcohol" tip. I've only used it on my legs so far and I am quite pleased with the results. Although I did notice a little orange around my ankles also. I'm ready to try it on my arms and upper body but wasn't sure about lines showing where I've stopped. I'll try a "bronzer" make-up to see how that works.

By the way, I did buy the darker of the two shades and was able to get a $2.00 coupon from jergens.com website.

Taking the advice of the poster upthread, I Googled "Erythrulose and found lots of interesting information. Bottom line, Erythrulose is used in conjunction with DHA (Dihydroxyacetone). It reacts with your melanin to chemically alter the color of your skin. The Erythrulose supposedly prevents the streaking that is common with DHA. I purchased the Neutrogena Micromist, but haven't applied it yet. I read the ingredients and it doesn't contain Erythrulose. Lot of other chemicals, including DHA. I'm beginning to think the easiest thing would be to just pay the $35. to have a tan airbrushed on professionally. You can choose to have one what contains a dye in addition to the tanning chemicals so you appear tan while waiting for the "real" tan to develop.

Taking the advice of the poster upthread, I Googled "Erythrulose and found lots of interesting information. Bottom line, Erythrulose is used in conjunction with DHA (Dihydroxyacetone). It reacts with your melanin to chemically alter the color of your skin. The Erythrulose supposedly prevents the streaking that is common with DHA. I purchased the Neutrogena Micromist, but haven't applied it yet. I read the ingredients and it doesn't contain Erythrulose. Lot of other chemicals, including DHA. I'm beginning to think the easiest thing would be to just pay the $35. to have a tan airbrushed on professionally. You can choose to have one what contains a dye in addition to the tanning chemicals so you appear tan while waiting for the "real" tan to develop.

Please post again to let us know how the Neutrogena Micromist works for you. I have been looking at that also.

I did use the Jergens every night for a week on my legs and did like the change it made however it did turn my ankles/feet a little orange-y and streaked there. I stopped using it on Friday and it does seem to have faded pretty fast. Not only faded - but faded kind of spotty.

I wanted to make sure it was pretty much gone before I tried the Neutrogena so I would definitely like to read your update.

Are any of you applying this stuff to your entire body? I'm wondering how long one bottle lasts if you do so. Of course it differs according to body size, so if you can answer my question tell me if your rather big/tall or small/short, please.

Are any of you applying this stuff to your entire body? I'm wondering how long one bottle lasts if you do so. Of course it differs according to body size, so if you can answer my question tell me if your rather big/tall or small/short, please.

One bottle lasted about a month for me.

I did notice that my legs were turning an orangey color & everytime I came out of the shower, the color would come onto my towel. I eventually rubbed the color off my legs, with a damp wash rag. I guess after a month, you start shedding skin, as with a sun tan you would peel.

I'm still using the lotion all over my body & face, as I had bought 3 bottles.

Minette

Please post again to let us know how the Neutrogena Micromist works for you. I have been looking at that also.
Well. it definitely works. It's almost impossible to get even coverage all by yourself. got a little streaky the first application; evened it out with the second. Get someone who's good at applying spray paint evenly to help you. Advice: Don't get too close and stand up with legs apart or perch with llegs apart on the edge of a chair or stool until it is completely dry. I'm going to try the Jergens . . .

Well. it definitely works. It's almost impossible to get even coverage all by yourself. got a little streaky the first application; evened it out with the second. Get someone who's good at applying spray paint evenly to help you. Advice: Don't get too close and stand up with legs apart or perch with llegs apart on the edge of a chair or stool until it is completely dry. I'm going to try the Jergens . . .

I get the impression you weren't really happy with the Neutrogena. I was looking for it last night. Found it for about $10 but didn't buy it yet. Also saw a spray tan made by Sally Hansen for about $8. One can for legs and one for body. Has anyone tried this one?

Also, I have some questions about all of the sunless tanning products in general. I really have not used these since they first came out when they turned everyone orange. I realize that you will still need to use a sun protection when out in the sun but can anyone tell me if there is any streaking, etc. from being in a pool? I thought I heard with the professional spray tans that chlorinated water would make them streak. :confused:

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone.

Given the positive reviews about this product I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm pretty pale and wanted a smidge of color on my legs so that when I wear my knee length skirts and cute heeled sandals on my upcoming cruise, my legs don't blind people from the glare. ;-)

I bought the shade for light skin and used it for two consecutive days. I was under the impression that it took awhile to get any color, but I'm already seeing color, but am not particularly happy with the shade. It looks somewhat orangey.

So this is my question. If I keep using it, will the color darken and get less orangey or should I just stop since at least now my legs aren't blinding white. All thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:-) amcb

I started using it about a week before we went on vacation the first week in May. I was only using it on my legs. I was also using the lightest shade available.

I thought I was getting a natural looking color until my husband said - You're legs looks yellow, Oh, it must just be the light! :eek: I stopped using it. He didn't know that I was using anything and I didn't tell him after that. I don't want yellow or orange legs!

I have been using Banana Boat Everyday Glow for Medium skin and just love the results...no yellow orange discoloring. My friend swears by Coppertone Endless Summer Gradual Tan lotion...she looks great.I had the same results you did with the Jergens before I tried the Banana Boat.

I have been using Banana Boat Everyday Glow for Medium skin and just love the results...no yellow orange discoloring. My friend swears by Coppertone Endless Summer Gradual Tan lotion...she looks great.I had the same results you did with the Jergens before I tried the Banana Boat.

Oil Of Olay also has one, Loreal does too. What I did not like about Jergens is I looked "dyed"-by this I means my skin pores turned were darker and I did not like that-the other brands did not do that to me.

Now last year there was a person on this board that argued with me about that and said the ingredients were the same in these products and she is probally right-it was just the chemistry of Jergens did not agree with my body for some reason.

So If you don't like the effects of one brand -try another. I actually like Loreal's the best but my daughter like the Bannana Boat.

I started using it about a week before we went on vacation the first week in May. I was only using it on my legs. I was also using the lightest shade available.

I thought I was getting a natural looking color until my husband said - You're legs looks yellow, Oh, it must just be the light! :eek: I stopped using it. He didn't know that I was using anything and I didn't tell him after that. I don't want yellow or orange legs!

try a differant brand. I too found the Jergens made me orangy!

I, too, tried the Jergens. It didn't turn me orangey, didn't really do much at all, except that I feel sticky after I use it. I just put a thin film on, but it just never feels like it soaks in or something. I've started tanning again anyway, think I'll stick to that!!

I couldn't find the Jergen's so I bought the Banana Boat instead. I really am happy with the results and think it looks more natural.

What I did not like about Jergens is I looked "dyed"-by this I means my skin pores turned were darker and I did not like that-the other brands did not do that to me.

I found the same thing with the Jergens stuff. I have very pale skin naturally, so being able to see the pores was a HUGE shock to me. As soon as I stopped the Jergens it went away so I know that was the cause of it.

I found the same thing with the Jergens stuff. I have very pale skin naturally, so being able to see the pores was a HUGE shock to me. As soon as I stopped the Jergens it went away so I know that was the cause of it.

I bumped up that old thread for you. thought you might find it interesting.

The Jergens Natural Glow works very well for me. A year or 2 ago, it was the only slow tinting product out there. Now it seems that most of the major cosmetic firms have their own versions. If it's not working for you, maybe wait a few days for it to fade & try a different brand. You'll be out $5-7 but I think I'd rather lose a few $ than have icky legs for my trip. Maybe you can return the tube. CVS, Eckerd, RiteAid, Walgreens - I think these stores will take returns if a product isn't working for you.

There have been a few threads about this product before, & during one of them, posters brought up the scent or smell or odor - whatever you'd like to call it. To me, the Jergens NG has no scent - I smell absolutely nothing when I put it on or even a couple of hours later. I mentioned to the husband the posts about the scent & he agreed! He notices the smell & doesn't like it at all. This from a man who can't smell anything! And me? I'm hypersensitive to smells. Go figure. :)

Archived