Adding on board credit?

wr813

How do I add on board credit to my account? I see in my profile I can add dining, excursions, etc, but do not see a place to purchase on board credit. Would like to prepay some to offset the end of cruise.

You can send yourself a "gift" of on board credit. Look at the bottom of the Celebrity home page where, in small print, you will see Gifts by Celebrity under Travel Tools. Look for Gifts on Board, and then you will see where you can order on-Board credit to yourself.

Generally no -- if you call Captain's Club they may be able to "see" into your reservation to confirm that gift, otherwise just bring your receipt with you on board in case of any confusion, and expect not to see it on your SeaPass account until perhaps the third day of the cruise -- it takes bookkeeping a little while to post the OBC gifts.

Generally no -- if you call Captain's Club they may be able to "see" into your reservation to confirm that gift, otherwise just bring your receipt with you on board in case of any confusion, and expect not to see it on your SeaPass account until perhaps the third day of the cruise -- it takes bookkeeping a little while to post the OBC gifts.

Thanks for the info.

This is a good thing to watch if you are not from the US. Currency values fluctuate and if you can buy OBC when exchange is in your favor, you may be getting a deal. Then again, if the exchange goes even more in your favor, I'm not sure what happens. I don't know if it is returnable. It is also something to watch when booking excursions or drink packages because you want to book them when your cost is lowest. Those you can cancel and rebook as needed up until 4-5 days before the embarkation date.

When we are traveling to Europe, we watch rates and buy some euros when the exchange is favorable. Of course sometimes we get burned, sometimes we are lucky. I think we also book and prepay our hotels if we can when the exchange rate is in our favor, but since I don't do that part of the trip, I'm not 100% certain.

Beth

Archived