Historic Falmouth and Ochos Rios Highlights Tour FY99 reviews, comments, feedback?

abs711

Hi all, this was posted on the Jamaica Board by someone I will be sailing with next month. There were no responses so I thought I would repost here to see if we could have any luck.

Has anyone gone on this tour?

I know there is a trolley tour of Historic Falmouth. For us there was no need to book in advance since you can just gather at the trolley and pay there. I went on the tour on the inaugural Falmouth docking (Voyager) a few years back. Have taken it a few times since just to see the changes to the port from that first day. It is a good way to see the level of poverty in the community. Felt pretty safe, but it makes me realize I do not wish to wander about the area on my own. That tour stops at a historic church and gives you a few minutes to tour the building and grounds and hear some history. I found it fascinating to look at some of the tombstones in the church cemetary. I thought it was well worth the 15 bucks to safely see the surrounding area, and it was not so time consuming that you could not do it early or late, and still get in a longer tour.

Been a few to many years since I've done Ocho Rios, so no real input there.

(Looking again at the original post, I may not have answered about the same tour you are looking at. Take it for what it's worth...)

I think I am in the minority--I loved Jamaica and will be glad to go back. The port RCL built is lovely. I did take an excursion to the Great Hope House and it was very informative. I did not do lunch. I did not go outside the gates on my own and was glad to see the fence was there.

• 2 months later...
I also wanted feedback on this excursion. We booked it any, so fingers crossed! Will sail on Sun Feb 3 and will be in Jamaica next week so i will let you know.

Doing this tour with DH and 17yr old son and his buddy.

How was the tour? any feedback is welcome. We are in Jamaica on 29th May and looking at this tour but not a great amount of info on the RCCI web site.

Thanks in advance.

Archived