Hotels in Galveston

Britbrie

Harbor House and Tremont within walking distance of the port.

On the seawall there is the San Luis, Galvez, Hilton

I have stayed in all of these and I prefer the the Harbor House when taking a cruise. Nothing like seeing your ship come into port. But the Tremont, Galvez and San Luis have more amenities.

We prefer to stay on the Seawall. A short 10 minute for less drive to the Port.

My fav on the seawall area is either the Hilton or The Hampton Inn & Suites.

I love the rooms at the Hampton better then the rooms at the Hilton.

There are a fair number of hotels to choose from, so one needs to know your budget and what you need in the hotel. I would suggest going to hotels dot com and seeing what is available that fits your needs and check out it's location on the map in relation to the port and if it offers free shuttle to port.

Galveston is a tricky port and not the best, so watch the weather and see what it is going to be like in Galveston when you are there and if possible, get to port around 10-11am because that port sucks!

There are a fair number of hotels to choose from, so one needs to know your budget and what you need in the hotel. I would suggest going to hotels dot com and seeing what is available that fits your needs and check out it's location on the map in relation to the port and if it offers free shuttle to port.

Galveston is a tricky port and not the best, so watch the weather and see what it is going to be like in Galveston when you are there and if possible, get to port around 10-11am because that port sucks!

No it doesn't unless you get there around 10 or 11. That is when everyone else is getting off the ship.

always wait until after 1pm and board immediately.

I don't think Galveston sucks at all. I have cruised from there more times than I can count and sometimes things happend that boarding starts a little late. That can happen with any port. Most ships are just finishing their debarkation around 9-10. So it would be impossible to be on the ship at 10.

Thank you!

I called the Tremont last night, and unfortunately its a two night minimum. Which was a bummer to find out!

Most hotels in Galveston do have a two night minimum in the summer. You might have luck booking one night in the summer on hotels.com. I have done that a couple of times with luck.

Just what sucks about the port of Galveston during the summer? How many times have you cruised fom her?

To the OP.... We like the Harbor House

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1712918

• 4 weeks later...

Main areas to stay

On the Gulf (Seawall Blvd.)(many motels and hotels)

On the Bay (Moody Gardens Hotel, Inn at Waterpark)

Downtown Old Town Historic District by Port – Only two

(Harbor House and Tremont)

On highway coming into town(a few)

In my opinion

San Luis, Hilton, Moody Gardens, Tremont, Galvez and Harbor House

are the better hotels.

Many other nice ones obviously!

Use bid sites also

Archived