they'e posting comments here:

http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

they say they're moving

"on board Monday at 7:35 PM

and we are moving"

The people on there are crackin' me up! A sampling:

bon voyage truimph be safe

Bob Monday at 7:38 PM

I think it's time to turn that thing into an reef...

on board Monday at 7:38 PM

bob can that wait till i get back

lillady Monday at 7:37 PM

how do those little tugboats pull those big ol ships like that

unclemike Monday at 7:41 PM

I saw a tug in dry dock. Its propeller was over 10 feet in diameter.

heehaw Monday at 7:38 PM

maybe we are cruising on the wrong ships. the tugboats always work.lol.

Pretty funny people. Quite entertaining. that's a good sign that there's a good vibe onboard! :)

Wow, you just have to wonder if Carnival has made significant cutbacks in their maintenance budgets over the past few years. I realize these are isolated, but there sure has been a lot of maintenance issues over the past few months.

Did you ever consider that the propulsion systems have certain manufacturer defects? They are very complex systems and electrical issues can easily occur.

oasis-engines.jpg

Did you ever consider that the propulsion systems have certain manufacturer defects? They are very complex systems and electrical issues can easily occur.

Yes, I did consider that and I concluded that a manufacturer's defect would likely have evolved sooner. After all, the Triumph has been in revenue service for close to 15 years.

Someone on the port cam thread posted around 10:30 last night that they had received a text from someone on board that she had stopped. Has anyone heard anything??

I haven't seen anything, and I've been watching like crazy since we're supposed to sail on Saturday. So frustrating!

Can't find her on any of the location maps either. Last one was on "shipmate" ap around 5am, not too far into the gulf.

I found a locator that she'll be in Progresso @ 7:30am

the link won't post here though.

Current position of M/S Carnival Triumph: Under way from Galveston (Texas) to Progreso

Departure was 1 d 39 min ago. (at 16:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 14 hrs 51 min. (at 07:30 h local time)

Traveled distance since Galveston (Texas): 349.77 nm (647.77 km)

Remaining distance to Progreso: 208.30 nm (385.78 km)

I hope they get her fixed up and back in full service soon. Im sure it is very frustrating for those on board and up coming sailings. We are booked on Triumph in March. I am praying it will be perfect trip....It is my daughters senior spring break trip. :)

I sure hope everything is ok. We were on the cruise that was delayed getting in yesterday. We were about 2 hours late getting into Cozumel but still had a great time. The captain told us Sunday evening that there were propulsion issues and we were moving at about half speed. Of course we were thrilled to get a little more time but felt bad for the next group of cruisers. We finally got off about 3pm and spoke with some folks getting on. Their spirits were good and they were saying they were on vacation and were going to enjoy their cruise no matter what ended up happening. Now that's the way to handle things! The Carnival staff on board was excellent and they kept us all very well informed of what was going on. We had a great trip! I hope they get this issue resolved so others can enjoy and not have to worry.

Vicki

Current position of M/S Carnival Triumph: Under way from Galveston (Texas) to Progreso

I believe that is just the scheduled itinerary. If your looking at the site I'm thinking of there is a pair of boxes in the bottom right corner. One is actual position and one is scheduled position. The box that was checked off was scheduled position. She definitely didn't leave at 1600 local time, my parents are on it for their first cruise so we were watching the webcam. Really hope as someone suggested that it's fixed and back on schedule. I haven't heard anything though.

I'm thinking that is just general info because she didn't leave port til after 7:30pm last night. 16:00 would be 4pm which was when she was scheduled to leave before her late arrival yesterday.

yeah .. you're probably right. Just hoping hard I guess. We're sailing on her Saturday. BUT .. as long as the cruise isn't canceled... I'll be on her! Our group has adopted Pontoon as our theme song. LOL

Party in slow motion

Out here in the OCEAN

Mmmmmmm...motorboatin'

(Hoo hoo hoo)

Reach your hand down into the cooler

Don't drink it if the mountains aren't blue

yeah .. you're probably right. Just hoping hard I guess. We're sailing on her Saturday. BUT .. as long as the cruise isn't canceled... I'll be on her! Our group has adopted Pontoon as our theme song. LOL

Party in slow motion

Out here in the OCEAN

Mmmmmmm...motorboatin'

(Hoo hoo hoo)

Reach your hand down into the cooler

Don't drink it if the mountains aren't blue

Now I know why I love that song so much :D

According to the port of progresso web site the Triumph docked at 9:30 this morning and is due to leave at 4pm today. Maybe they fixed it in Galveston last night like another thread on this web site stated since they didn't leave untill almost 10 pm. last night.

Im sorry. The ship is suppose to leave Progresso at 4pm. tomorrow according to the ports web site

If she is leaving Progreso tomorrow at 4pm that means she is overnighting in Progreso tonight for the repairs, because her usual Thursday departure is from Cozumel at 3pm for the itinerary she is on at this time.

A Carnival ship sailed into Progreso at about 11:00 AM today. We try to avoid into the center of town on cruise ship days, so will may have to skip tomorrow.

Enjoy

Thanks for the info. That would fit the timeline given its late departure from Galveston Monday. Now we just need to know if they managed to do any repairs at sea or if its staying overnight?

Im sorry. The ship is suppose to leave Progresso at 4pm. tomorrow according to the ports web site

I found this site as well. Puertosyucatan. It's under Ship Scheduling and listed as a "scheduled arrival".

Archived