Window suite on Grand and 3rd person

morriscats

Has anyone added a 3rd person in the window suite? Is the sofa bed comfortable? Any input would be appreciated.

First question would be is it triple/quad equipped?

Second would be whether the cruise is at capacity for third/fourth berths.

There is only a certain amount of 3rd and 4th passengers that they will allow on any given cruise

No they are not that comfortable, kids never have issues but an adult might.

I would check with your TA or Princess asap to check it out.

Booking a 3rd person isn't a problem.

The sofa bed is very uncomfortable! I had the steward add a board to add support which it did but it was like sleeping on concrete. He added two egg-crates which still didn't help.

I am actually thinking of bringing a blowup mattress and leaving it when I disembark if I am a 3rd person in a suite again.

Quoting my DD, "I look forward to when I can travel and get a real bed for a change"

...she always gets the sofa bed, the cot, the floor...

Sorry, dear daughter, you get a sofabed again, but at least this time it's on the Crown Princess! :D

My DH and I travel with my son (adult) and have been in several mini and full suites. My son always gets the sofa bed which is very uncomfortable as most sofa beds are. We have tried multiple foam pads, boards, etc. but on the last cruise in a suite, were given a blue 2-3" "pillow top " that our steward put on top of the sofa mattress. The "pillow top " is now used on top of the two mattresses pushed together in queen configuration on some ships (eliminates the crack). It was much better but there is no where in the room to keep this when the couch is made up (not in a mini, but there is room in a full suite). Our next cruise we have booked a quad that has a pull down over the couch to try. That gives him an option. Some ships may not have these pillow tops yet so you will have to ask.

Has this been a sofa/bed in a full suite?

This March will be her first cruise (statement was about our hotel rooms so far).

On the KP we are in a VS and it shows as bookable for 4. Does that mean there's a pull-down in addition to the sofa? Or does Princess count a sofa bed as 2?

Rick

This March will be her first cruise (statement was about our hotel rooms so far).

On the KP we are in a VS and it shows as bookable for 4. Does that mean there's a pull-down in addition to the sofa? Or does Princess count a sofa bed as 2?

Rick

Pull down, sofa does not count as 2.

I have been in a winow suite and it is very roomy. I never used the sofa as a sofa bed but if I had a third person in the cabin, I would bring a twin or full aero bed or air matress with me just in case. There are huge closets in the cabin and the aero bed can be easily stored during the day.

Archived