need info on the grand parade during carnival

karen327

Our ship will arrive in Aruba around 1:00 on the day of the grand parade for their carnival celebration. I would really like to know if it is worth attending it or if we would enjoy the 4x4 tour through NCL we already are scheduled for more. Will we be able to see much of the parade at that time? Where would we be able to watch it? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Depending on when you get back from your tour, you would probably have time to watch some of the parade. The parade starts far from downtown, and doesn't get to the downtown area until very late in the afternoon. Four years ago, we went downtown to watch the parade around noon. We waited until 4:00 and it still had not gotten there. It came through town sometime later. If you are there when it arrives, you can watch it along the main road in front of the pier. The costumes are incredible.

Once on LG SMITH, South to North. Starting point is the Entertainment center. See the attached. If you need to see the attachment in a larger size, email me and I will send it to you.

It is small... So it starts at the airport end and goes to Oranjestad? I just wasn't sure where the entertainment center was. For some reason I knew you'd have the answer.;). TY

Archived