Breakaway S7

SissasMomE

Well per the S7 description you had dining area in the room,

where as the S5 You do not. Just a basic room with Haven Access.

Yes, that's my biggest disappointment with my new room. I get a great balcony but lose the separate dining room. Going to keep checking regularly for any cancellations. All in all, I'm going to make the best of it. I'm still really happy to be on Haven level in a lovely suite.

Yes, that's my biggest disappointment with my new room. I get a great balcony but lose the separate dining room. Going to keep checking regularly for any cancellations. All in all, I'm going to make the best of it. I'm still really happy to be on Haven level in a lovely suite.

Another plus is how close you are to the haven courtyard! It was a long walk from s7 deck 13 and now an even longer walk for me from s6 but the size of the room & balcony, bathroom, and views is going to make up for it!

NCL should change their description on this type of suite S7 so there are no future issues.Anyone that has booked these two cabins on deck 13 should be allowed to be moved for free to the next category if there are no other options in that category.Until NCL makes the appropriate changes on their website and state the correct description they will have issues.

Hull balconies are less in price and so should Suite Hull Balconies.If they are moving some passengers for free to S6's they should follow suit for all that complain regarding the S7 on deck 13 who were booked prior to NCL correcting their description.NCL can not do for some and not for all. Correct your description and move all that booked S7 on deck 13 to either another S7 or an S6 where there are no more S7 available.

I was going to book deck 13 on the Getaway thinking its closer to the Haven area.I know now to stay away from deck 13.Glad I read this thread.

There's a recent video here on Youtube that can be played in full HD (click on the cog symbol) and viewed full screen. You get a very good closeup view of the hull balcony on Deck 13 at 19.00 minutes in.

Question is, why would they put suites here in the first place?

NCL should change their description on this type of suite S7 so there are no future issues.Anyone that has booked these two cabins on deck 13 should be allowed to be moved for free to the next category if there are no other options in that category.Until NCL makes the appropriate changes on their website and state the correct description they will have issues.

Hull balconies are less in price and so should Suite Hull Balconies.If they are moving some passengers for free to S6's they should follow suit for all that complain regarding the S7 on deck 13 who were booked prior to NCL correcting their description.NCL can not do for some and not for all. Correct your description and move all that booked S7 on deck 13 to either another S7 or an S6 where there are no more S7 available.

I was going to book deck 13 on the Getaway thinking its closer to the Haven area.I know now to stay away from deck 13.Glad I read this thread.

Totally agree with you!!

I completely agree as well! NCL should do something quick, as I'm sure the complaints are piling in. They're going to have their hands full trying to relocate all those upset passengers in the 2 rooms on 13.

They really should change the price of those 2 rooms. Possibly put them in their own category. And then call everyone in those rooms to offer them the lower price, move them to another deck, or upgrade them. That would be the right thing and make everyone happy!

NCL has to be uniform with their decision.NCL has to adjust all passengers that are complaining and have been affected with the S7's on deck 13 to this date.Its not fair to move for free some and not others.This affects both the Getaway and the Breakaway.NCL needs to be fair.Not fair to those that booked so far in advanced before the ship was built and were given a wrong description.I think NCL reads these boards lets hope they fix this problem for everyone.I just booked deck 12 thanks to this thread.

They really should change the price of those 2 rooms. Possibly put them in their own category. And then call everyone in those rooms to offer them the lower price, move them to another deck, or upgrade them. That would be the right thing and make everyone happy!

You are so right! I don't see how they can possibly keep charging the same amount for those 2 rooms as the other S7s. It is pretty stupid that the ship was built with those two suites having "hull balconies". Those rooms definately shouldn't have been suites.

NCL has to be uniform with their decision.NCL has to adjust all passengers that are complaining and have been affected with the S7's on deck 13 to this date.Its not fair to move for free some and not others.This affects both the Getaway and the Breakaway.NCL needs to be fair.Not fair to those that booked so far in advanced before the ship was built and were given a wrong description.I think NCL reads these boards lets hope they fix this problem for everyone.I just booked deck 12 thanks to this thread.

We booked 13706 back in May 2012 for the TransAtalantic (we would be the 2nd set of passengers on the ship so no based on all the renditions it was represented that it was a standard balcony. I have been in contact with NCL ever since the first pictures emerged while the ship was being built about having a hull balcony.

After the float out I again was in contact (At least 4 different PCC) they all advised that it was a standard balcony. Then a few days ago we received an email/letter that it is a hull balcony and that they would arrange us to move to another lower deck - Which we did not want. However we did a very nice price for an upgrade to the Family Villa which will fill our needs. Maybe a little over kill - However it will be nice to be right in the complex.

This was another concern that was raised with the S7/S6 being away from the Haven Complex would the service be not up to par as say a S5/S4

I don't like the idea of the Haven Penthouses not having a separate dining/living area and the next best thing is the Family Villa - I wish the S7 Floor plan would be in the Haven :)

We booked 13706 back in May 2012 for the TransAtalantic (we would be the 2nd set of passengers on the ship so no based on all the renditions it was represented that it was a standard balcony. I have been in contact with NCL ever since the first pictures emerged while the ship was being built about having a hull balcony.

After the float out I again was in contact (At least 4 different PCC) they all advised that it was a standard balcony. Then a few days ago we received an email/letter that it is a hull balcony and that they would arrange us to move to another lower deck - Which we did not want. However we did a very nice price for an upgrade to the Family Villa which will fill our needs. Maybe a little over kill - However it will be nice to be right in the complex.

This was another concern that was raised with the S7/S6 being away from the Haven Complex would the service be not up to par as say a S5/S4

I don't like the idea of the Haven Penthouses not having a separate dining/living area and the next best thing is the Family Villa - I wish the S7 Floor plan would be in the Haven :)

I had almost the same situation. Was booked in 13706 for over a year and a half and also contacted my PCC as soon as the pics came out with the "hull balcony". I kept being told that it wasn't going to have a "hull balcony" until the letter. Unfortunately, I sail in June so my sailing is basically sold out for the suites. I don't like that fact that my new S5 doesn't have the separate dining area but it was my only choice. I refuse to pay what I'm paying for a "hull balcony". I wish I could upgrade to the 2 bedroom Family Villa but none are available. I'm going to keep checking regularly for any that may open up. A difference of $800 in my opinion is excellent for that kind of upgrade. I too wish the S7 layout was in the Courtyard. That's what I had on the Jewel and we were Courtyard level.

As far as service, I don't think anyone outside of the Haven deck will get any less service.

Edited by dstewart1075
typos

I had almost the same situation. Was booked in 13706 for over a year and a half and also contacted my PCC as soon as the pics came out with the "hull balcony". I kept being told that it wasn't going to have a "hull balcony" until the letter. Unfortunately, I sail in June so my sailing is basically sold out for the suites. I don't like that fact that my new S5 doesn't have the separate dining area but it was my only choice. I refuse to pay what I'm paying for a "hull balcony". I wish I could upgrade to the 2 bedroom Family Villa but none are available. I'm going to keep checking regularly for any that may open up. A difference of $800 in my opinion is excellent for that kind of upgrade. I too wish the S7 layout was in the Courtyard. That's what I had on the Jewel and we were Courtyard level.

As far as service, I don't think anyone outside of the Haven deck will get any less service.

I dont think anyone has an issue with less service.It's a misrepresentation of a suite.

You are so right! I don't see how they can possibly keep charging the same amount for those 2 rooms as the other S7s. It is pretty stupid that the ship was built with those two suites having "hull balconies". Those rooms definately shouldn't have been suites.

deck 13 S7

One is a 4 berth and the other is a handicap room so they have some extra value for some people.

All the others are 3 berth.

deck 13 S7

One is a 4 berth and the other is a handicap room so they have some extra value for some people.

All the others are 3 berth.

We had 4 booked in 13706 and were highly disappointed with the room. Perhaps the hull balcony is THE ONLY REASON it sleeps 4, to make that room more appealing to a party of 4. I thought it was strange that only 1/10 rooms in that category sleep 4 but now it makes sense when you mention the other is handicap accessible. That being said, I think that's really unfair! Someone in a wheelchair will have a really hard time seeing the view. Would be easier on them if they could stay on a lower deck and be able to see through the glass of the balcony.

Ok, I need help. Right now, I have a balcony and an inside booked on deck 9. I can get a S7 for $1,000 more than what I am paying now (with the rebates and OBC, etc). It's me, hubby, and two 17 year olds. It looks the the S7 has a seperate bedroom (for us) and the kids would be in the living room area. I don't care about the hull balcony. As long as the opening is big, it doesn't really matter. Anyway, would you make the switch?

Edited by SissasMomE

I don't really think the S7 would be big enough for you all. If your children were young, then probably yes but it seems that it would be very crowded. I stayed in that exact type of room on the Jewel 2 years ago with our then 3 year old and it was perfect for the 3 of us. I don't think I'd want to do 4 people, all of adult size. The suite perks are great though! It's kind of a toss up. You would probably be cramped but you'd love the suite life!!! It's a hard decision.

I don't really think the S7 would be big enough for you all. If your children were young, then probably yes but it seems that it would be very crowded. I stayed in that exact type of room on the Jewel 2 years ago with our then 3 year old and it was perfect for the 3 of us. I don't think I'd want to do 4 people, all of adult size. The suite perks are great though! It's kind of a toss up. You would probably be cramped but you'd love the suite life!!! It's a hard decision.

S7 is a new layout exclusive to the breakaway.

what cabin were you in on the Jewel?

I was in a category S4, Courtyard Villa. 14514 I believe.

They(S4) are a 2 bedroom villa and are OK for 4 adults.

the S7 is an unknow but suspected to be similar to a S5 the one bedroom version on the Jewel class.

The S5 on the breakaway are much smaller.

They(S4) are a 2 bedroom villa and are OK for 4 adults.

the S7 is an unknow but suspected to be similar to a S5 the one bedroom version on the Jewel class.

The S5 on the breakaway are much smaller.

Then it was the S5 I must have had on the Jewel. It was only a one bedroom but was perfect for us 3. That's why I originally chose the S7 on the Breakaway. The room seems to be the same layout. Now I was bumped to an S5 on Deck 16. Will be bigger than the other S5s because its a handicapped room.

Although the floor plan hasn't been released, based on pictures and similar rooms on other ships, your 17 year olds will not only be sharing a bathroom with you, they'll also have to walk through the mater bedroom to get there. If you can spend a little more for the aft facing penthouse, you will get an extra HALF bathroom.

Just another thing to think about. Hope it helps. Happy planning!

Why do people say a cabin over 1000 sq feet wouldn't be appropriate for 4 adults? Is it due to what bedding is used for the 3/4 guests? I notice it only mentions a king size bed, and they never seem to address the bedding for three and four people. Is there just so much more space provided to the living/dining area?

However I find this the normal problem with all their descriptions of the bedding. They seem to only mention and show rooms configured for two people.

EDIT: Sorry, I realized I was looking at the S2 in terms of the square footage. I realize the other is around 460.

Edited by mom2tcdx2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the definitive pics.

Proof positive that there is no forward facing balcony, nor even a balcony large enough for two chaise longue/reclining chairs. In fact, it is a tiny balcony for a suite. And there is no lookout porthole in the bathroom either - which is depicted on the website.

Basically, a big letdown compared to the description - tho still a cheaper way to get to the Haven.....

Edited by Burpelson